ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268521)

J Diddy 01-05-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284344)
Just remember, if you vote "whoever he takes, I'm good", you just endorsed Matthew Brennon Cassel. :p

Can you imagine a scenario where Matty has to pass as much a game as Reid likes to? We'd be behind by 50 points at halftime.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9284353)
Can you imagine a scenario where Matty has to pass as much a game as Reid likes to? We'd be behind by 50 points at halftime.

LMAO Think Necessary Roughness where the backup QB screams "Blow the whistle! Blow the whistle!"

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284346)
passed out at like 6pm last night....so i've been up since 4am

That must've been some good shit. :bong:

Gravedigger 01-05-2013 06:41 AM

I just have a feeling that he's going to wait till the 2nd pick to get a QB. I really hope Geno gets Reid's attention with the Senior Bowl and Combine.

ncCHIEFfan 01-05-2013 06:49 AM

If the wait till the second round for a QB, who could possibly be worth our #1 selection?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9284361)
If the wait till the second round for a QB, who could possibly be worth our #1 selection?

There truly is not 1 player coming out of the draft that is a surefire number 1 pick. Not one.

Gravedigger 01-05-2013 07:02 AM

If we trade back we run the risk of losing Geno but probably have a shot at Wilson. If we wait till the second round the only two that may be there would be Barkley or Bray. I think that Glennon's stock will rise and hell be drafted 10-20 in the first.

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284355)
That must've been some good shit. :bong:

:p

Red Brooklyn 01-05-2013 07:22 AM

I want Geno Smith. But Any Reid knows more than I do. So I'll only be happy with any QB that they like anywhere in the first round. I'd like to see us use our #1 pick. But if some wizard can move around and get our guy later in the first + pick up a few draft picks, fine. How could I not be happy with that?

The questions a little loaded, so for the sake of the poll I voted for the first option: Take a QB #1, because I'm just not so sure our guy will be there as long as some "experts" believe he will.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9284376)
I want Geno Smith. But Any Reid knows more than I do. So I'll only be happy with any QB that they like anywhere in the first round. I'd like to see us use our #1 pick. But if some wizard can move around and get our guy later in the first + pick up a few draft picks, fine. How could I not be happy with that?

The questions a little loaded, so for the sake of the poll I voted for the first option: Take a QB #1, because I'm just not so sure our guy will be there as long as some "experts" believe he will.

I tried to include as many options as possible, but I wanted to make sure I was clear about "I will ONLY be happy if..." because so many people said they were done with this franchise if we didn't fire Crennel, fire Pioli, hire a great HC, AND draft a QB with our #1 pick. I wanted to see if that was still the sentiment.

For me, I'm good with what we've done, and I will trust Andy Reid in any decision he makes, even though I REALLY want us take the best QB in this class with the first pick. Take no chances, get your guy. That said, I do trust Reid as he's probably the most qualified guy in the league at this point to find a franchise QB, wherever that may be. And with his offense, you know he wants a true franchise type guy.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284348)
If you can trade back and select Tyler Wilson in the first while getting more picks....then that's the best scenario...in a perfect world.

:spock: Yeah they are going to trade BACK into the top 5. That's where Wilson likely ends up when the smoke clears.

Red Brooklyn 01-05-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284380)
I tried to include as many options as possible, but I wanted to make sure I was clear about "I will ONLY be happy if..." because so many people said they were done with this franchise if we didn't fire Crennel, fire Pioli, hire a great HC, AND draft a QB with our #1 pick. I wanted to see if that was still the sentiment.

For me, I'm good with what we've done, and I will trust Andy Reid in any decision he makes, even though I REALLY want us take the best QB in this class with the first pick. Take no chances, get your guy. That said, I do trust Reid as he's probably the most qualified guy in the league at this point to find a franchise QB, wherever that may be. And with his offense, you know he wants a true franchise type guy.

I'm with you. That's pretty much exactly where I'm at right now as well. Though, I may be a bit more disappointed if we don't get our guy in the first round. Ultimately, I'm thrilled with what Hunt has done so far to try and right the ship. I'm on board next season. All the way.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:33 AM

I'm staying the course that we need to go QB number one overall even though I do respect his opinion.....and yes there ARE QB's available worth that selection no matter what that fool Kiper says.

mlyonsd 01-05-2013 07:34 AM

I chose it's up to Reid to make the decision.

But he better not **** it up because it won't take long for the good will of CP to disappear and we know a guy that has a plane.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 07:35 AM

Definately. Going the vet retread route has to end in a Super Bowl in 2 years or it will get ugly. But, seriously IT IS TIME for the madness to end and the Chiefs to take a 1st round QB.