ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Pastor refuses to tip "I give GOD 10% why do you get 18%" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269489)

Hootie 01-31-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368988)
Old Chicago's. Okay. Where does an Old Chicago's make $1 million a month? That's all I want to know.

It's Yard House in KC, KS.

I don't know it, and I don't know the area...looked at their menu and they have entrees ranging from $10-$30. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt they have $1M months. HIGHLY.

but I don't know for sure and I also don't know anything about their tipout structure so it is what it is.

In my EXPERT opinion, he's full of shit. But I'm not going to argue anymore. I'd say, at best, he was a server at this place but he didn't want to admit to being a waiter (can't say I blame him, I took grief about being a waiter on this site for years) so he pretended he was a manager and I called him out on it.

Hootie 01-31-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9369038)
lol let it go man

that's just the type of person I am professionally

I don't like making mistakes and I don't like letting people down

I don't want to be the guy people at work talk about like I talk about with co-workers..."so so is terrible...he's awful at his job" so on, and so forth

I want to be good at what I do that pays my bills. I applied myself 100% to being a fantastic waiter...there were situations and scenarios where I did things that honestly shouldn't be possible. The amount of information I could retain without ****ing things up and being THAT efficient used to at least make me feel good about myself as a total underachiever and all...

I wish I could have applied myself scholastically as much as I did in the restaurant industry...I just always ****ing hated school, hated the busy work, and hated learning about things that didn't interest me in the least.

I pay the price now when I watch dipshits I used to work with dipshit their way through ****ing University of Illinois and land $60K entry level positions...

god damn my ex graduated with honors and she was one of the dumbest people I had ever met

I hate even thinking about it :facepalm: but at least after all these years and hard work I landed a career rather than a shitty waiter job.

ThaVirus 01-31-2013 11:39 PM

Yeah, Bump, I was trying to refrain from jumping in the beat down but I have to wonder if maybe you're just remembering something wrong here. Maybe adding a couple zeros by accident or something.

A million dollars per month in sales is ****ing insane. Especially for a little-known chain like the one you're claiming. The place would have to be ****ing HUGE, NON-STOP BUSY from open to close, and EXPENSIVE to even sniff $500,000 in sales- let alone a milli.

I mentioned earlier that I used to work at a TGI Fridays right across from Disney World. People come from all over the world to see Mickey Mouse; you can't get a much better location than that. When I worked there back in 09/10 or so, on a Saturday in peak season, they'd do $25,000 routinely. But that shit was balls-to-the-walls busy and the place was pretty damn big compared to any other Fridays, or any other type of restaurant at all for that matter.

Your store would have to have done like $34,000 a day, on average to get to the big $1 milli. That's tough to believe.

ThaVirus 01-31-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368701)
and Flop...I used to get $5 from a "ghetto" table and they'd make sure to give it to me and look me in the eye and thank me and I was so polite back to them it was sickening...I knew they weren't educated in "proper tipping" but they truly thought they were giving me a good tip and truly appreciated my service so who am I to not appreciate them appreciating me?

This has been my experience as well. It's just a cultural difference really. I've noticed it in a lot of Indian people as well; getting a good tip from an Indian family may be even more rare than getting a good tip from a black family.

I remember one time I delivered a pizza (and some wings of course) to a black family. This big ass black dude answered the door. I gave him the food and told him the total- like $29 I want to say. So he's counting out the money and hands me a $20. Hands me a $5. A $1. A $1. A $1. Another $1 (which paid for the his meal, obviously). Then he looks at me, hands me another $1 and says "'Preciate'cha, bauce". I was like "Damn, man. You really think you're doing me a favor bestowing upon me a single dollar!?" LMAO But it was alright though. That's just the way he rolls.

Another time I remember I was chilling with my friend (who's black) and his family at some restaurant. His family consisted of dad, mom, him, his 3 brothers, and a sister. So 7 people ate a meal at a sit-in restaurant. You can only imagine what the bill would be, even at a lower class establishment. So we leave and for some reason we ended up talking about the waitress. So he goes: "Yeah, man. We tipped her GOOD." With a reeaalll strong emphasis on "GOOOOODD".............. I saw that they had left her $8 bucks LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368696)
100% me too.

I knew when I wasn't going to get tipped but these were also the people that were going to make my night a living nightmare if I gave them "racist" service...so I'd just go above and beyond and be polite as you could ever be and moved on...and in all reality, black people I waited on LOVED me...and it's easier to bullshit with black people because they are generally FRIENDLIER to strangers/waitstaff then your typical rich white business guy who wants you to leave them the **** alone and get them their ****ing food.

And this has also been my experience ROFL

Why do you hate black people, bro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9368732)
The incident? When they brought the dinners, they accidentally set the man's entree in front of the woman, and vice versa. When they complained, the waiter picked up the two plates and switched them, and they thought he should have thrown the food away and brought two new entrees.

This just pissed me off.

Hootie 02-01-2013 12:01 AM

all this waiter shit makes me really miss the industry...didn't think I'd say that this soon

Hammock Parties 02-01-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9368990)
**** you. You would tip me 30% you ****.

And you will blow me first.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-01-2013 12:28 AM

this thread is bringing out the best in everyone!
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey 02-01-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368832)
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
MONTE CRISTO
SOUTHWESTERN SAMPLER
TURKEY O'TOOLE

benigans (sp?)

Bump 02-01-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9369296)
Yeah, Bump, I was trying to refrain from jumping in the beat down but I have to wonder if maybe you're just remembering something wrong here. Maybe adding a couple zeros by accident or something.

A million dollars per month in sales is ****ing insane. Especially for a little-known chain like the one you're claiming. The place would have to be ****ing HUGE, NON-STOP BUSY from open to close, and EXPENSIVE to even sniff $500,000 in sales- let alone a milli.

I mentioned earlier that I used to work at a TGI Fridays right across from Disney World. People come from all over the world to see Mickey Mouse; you can't get a much better location than that. When I worked there back in 09/10 or so, on a Saturday in peak season, they'd do $25,000 routinely. But that shit was balls-to-the-walls busy and the place was pretty damn big compared to any other Fridays, or any other type of restaurant at all for that matter.

Your store would have to have done like $34,000 a day, on average to get to the big $1 milli. That's tough to believe.

they got bought out for about $600 million for a reason. Because almost every location makes ridiculous sales. They kill competition and they are very good about picking locations. The man who founded it is a fantastic businessman. avg around $750-800 per month, the busy winter season, we would do over a mill. lol, that company knows how to make a killing. Every single day Noon - 2pm it's a long wait and every single night 5-10pm it's a very long wait. Every single night. It's not that far fetched.

KCUnited 02-01-2013 06:08 AM

I can vouche for the Pepper Jack burger at Yard House as a top-of-the-second-tier burger. Their Crunchy Ahi Salad is decent as well.

007 02-01-2013 06:14 AM

The one thing that annoys me about waiters today is that the majority of them like to come ask you how you are doing 5 times or more AND always when you mouth is full. I hate that crap.

Best service I ever received was the invisible waiter. Anytime I needed something it was there. Never had to ask for a thing and never even noticed he was at the table doing his job. At the end of that meal I left 30% and told his manager what a great waiter he was. That was the biggest tip I ever left.

He was a breath of fresh air.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-01-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9369031)
two types of (male) servers that are good

the charismatic ones that are GREAT with guests, make them laugh, and are the lovable guys...

I worked with a guy named Hutch when I was 19...he was the funniest mother ****er in the world. Guests loved him. He'd have them rolling, he was so ****ing good...6'5" 450 lbs. HUGE mother ****er...but he was FANTASTIC with guests...wasn't really good at running his food, or getting refills, or turning tables...but the dude got SICK tips...he'd get 50% even 100% like clockwork...he was a legend.

or what I try to be...the polite, no bullshit, don't **** up your order, BE SUPER EFFICIENT, never let a glass get empty...I treated my job with a level of paranoia. If I made a mistake, ANY MISTAKE NO MATTER HOW SMALL...I dwelled on it and remembered it for WEEKS. I remember a specific time when I was 22...I don't write down orders for 6 or less...not to be cool, because it literally saves time and it's a better way to interact anyways...but to do this, you can't **** up...because guests are on edge when their "idiot" server doesn't write their shit down...they don't really like it all that much, honestly. But there would be times where I'd get triple, quadruple seated and I'd treat 4 3-5 tops like one big table basically...you pair your orders in 2 or 4 and just remember the order and modifications by face...I had it down...but like I said, you do this and YOU CAN'T **** up or they give you the "shoulda wrote that down!" bullshit.

well I remembered that I forgot to get this lady her cup of soup...but it was too late...they had gotten their app and their food was LITERALLY in the window...and I sat there and was like "****" because they ordered a SHIT TON of food with modifications and they gave me grief about not writing it down (they were super nice)...so I had to sweat out their whole damn meal being pissed off at myself...they pay, I change them up (I think this is the only time in my entire life I did this)...the dude walks over to me at the end and says "here you go man...tip's in there but don't think I'm THAT generous, you gave us $10 in change!" again...super NICE guy...

but ****! I felt like a dumb mother ****er there...I feel bad for the people in the industry that CONSTANTLY **** up...I tell you what, if I made mistakes on a day to day basis I wouldn't be able to hand it...I was having a mental breakdown because of 1 cup of soup and I still think about that situation TO THIS DAY and it was 5 ****ing years ago and probably 100,000 tables ago.

There were shifts I would go the entire way without smoking. Because I NEVER could have a glass sit empty. Not even close. And they used to put me in the biggest section, the farthest from the drink stations because they knew I could handle it, and the bartenders didn't hate me so if I REALLY needed soda I could just go back there and get it. There were only a few servers I trusted enough to look after my station so I could puff, and if I ever forgot my ozium, or my breath mints then I was ****ed because I couldn't have people smell it on me. I took it incredibly serious. Loved it. And am not ashamed of it at all. I had a high paying job that I got laid off from and walked away from the industry knowing I was going to start all over doing something. I don't have kids. I have that luxury.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-01-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9369353)
all this waiter shit makes me really miss the industry...didn't think I'd say that this soon

I run into the Mexican line cook manager in town and he's always asking me to come and just pick up a shift or two a week, and I tell him I've put too much weight on and he says what a great way to take it off! I said dude, you don't want me sweating in all of their food, and he looks at me and says "They never ****ing cared the first time!" LMAO ****er.

007 02-01-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9369507)
I run into the Mexican line cook manager in town and he's always asking me to come and just pick up a shift or two a week, and I tell him I've put too much weight on and he says what a great way to take it off! I said dude, you don't want me sweating in all of their food, and he looks at me and says "They never ****ing cared the first time!" LMAO ****er.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

King_Chief_Fan 02-01-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9369042)
It's Yard House in KC, KS.

I don't know it, and I don't know the area...looked at their menu and they have entrees ranging from $10-$30. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt they have $1M months. HIGHLY.

but I don't know for sure and I also don't know anything about their tipout structure so it is what it is.

In my EXPERT opinion, he's full of shit. But I'm not going to argue anymore. I'd say, at best, he was a server at this place but he didn't want to admit to being a waiter (can't say I blame him, I took grief about being a waiter on this site for years) so he pretended he was a manager and I called him out on it.

well, you are quite the know it all about servers or so you would make us think....your expert opinion my hind foot!
now quit your pretending and get us a cup of coffee.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-01-2013 07:14 AM

I'm sitting here thinking, and I think I remember Bump's first account/name change talking about working at that restaurant. I'm not positive, but I think I remember him bitching about that job before. And if memory serves me correctly again, I think he works in the insurance industry now.

mdchiefsfan 02-01-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9369498)
The one thing that annoys me about waiters today is that the majority of them like to come ask you how you are doing 5 times or more AND always when you mouth is full. I hate that crap.

Best service I ever received was the invisible waiter. Anytime I needed something it was there. Never had to ask for a thing and never even noticed he was at the table doing his job. At the end of that meal I left 30% and told his manager what a great waiter he was. That was the biggest tip I ever left.

Very seldom do you get that kind of service, but when you do it's a wonderful thing. Everyone thinks that you should interact with the guest and be super friendly. You should read your guest and know when to speak and when to say nothing.

I hate being asked if I need a refill. If it's a beer, yes, ask me. A water? just keep filling it up until I stop drinking it.

Dave Lane 02-01-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9369498)

YOU left a tip?

Did you write "Draft Geno in the first"?

Dave Lane 02-01-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9366129)
You can't afford to eat out. Really. Because you could get the best service in the world and it wouldn't be worth $5 to you. That bill would be $400 if it weren't for decent people who subsidized you by paying your fair share. They make $3 an hour dude. You must have voted for Obama. ROFL

He's another nutbag republican / religious type.

Its funny but the founder mentioned something about helping the poor, rich men being unable to get into heaven, give unto Caesar what is Caesar's for taxes. He was actually pretty clear about helping the least amongst us. Yet oddly these types are generally greedy little assholes.

Swanman 02-01-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9368945)
we had a Buffalo Wild Wings on campus in Champaign about 13-15 years ago back when it was just called BW3...god it was ****ING awesome...order at a window...listen for your number...BOOM! HOT, FRESH FANTASTIC WINGS.

they closed it down for some reason and reopened off campus in a huge location when they rebranded it Buffalo Wild Wings...it was counter top (sweet!) where a food runner would bring your food out to the table and that was that...20 cent wing Tuesdays

now it's 60 cent wings and tipville

They opened that BW3 during my junior year. It was nice but way too expensive for broke ass college students and their drink specials left a lot to be desired (on a college campus, drink specials are paramount). After it closed down, Murphy's (awesome bar next door) knocked down the wall between and expanded. Now B-Dub is way out on the edge of town. I go there sometimes when heading back to Chicago from a football or basketall game.

Hootie 02-01-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9369637)
They opened that BW3 during my junior year. It was nice but way too expensive for broke ass college students and their drink specials left a lot to be desired (on a college campus, drink specials are paramount). After it closed down, Murphy's (awesome bar next door) knocked down the wall between and expanded. Now B-Dub is way out on the edge of town. I go there sometimes when heading back to Chicago from a football or basketall game.

Oh yeah I know all about Murphys! I'm a Champaign lifer...

Amnorix 02-01-2013 12:51 PM

Well, first things first -- a $1,000,000/month restaurant -- yeah, no. Nopity, nope nope.

Second, it looks like the waitress who posted the receipt got fired. No surprise there. It was a waitress at Applebee's.

And of course the cheap-ass pathetic pastor is sorry about what he did. More like he's sorry he's been outed for the ridiculous cheapskate that he is.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/01...int-about-tip/

That's AFTER he called the manager to report that he was unhappy that the note was publicized. So really, he's not sorry at all. Not that the waitress was real bright to post it, mind you, but still.

Amnorix 02-01-2013 12:53 PM

Interesting, the pastor is a woman. Alois Bell.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/07d/4b0...1359669299.jpg

Amnorix 02-01-2013 12:53 PM

Oh, and if this is Q, then bite me, cuz I went back two pages and didn't see it, and don't really care... :D

Deberg_1990 02-01-2013 01:14 PM

Applebees hypocrisy? Reddit says Applebees posted this on their Facebook page

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...70951401_n.jpg

loochy 02-01-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9370328)

The pastor didn't get the waitress fired.

Swanman 02-01-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9370363)

Pastor was a See You Next Tuesday and stiffed waitress, thus the receipt got posted online. By cause and effect rules, the pastor had a very large part in it.

Hootie 02-01-2013 02:21 PM

Yeah Amnorix his initial posts had me thinking he was full of shit...the $1,000,000 per month post made me lol

loochy 02-01-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9370604)
Pastor was a See You Next Tuesday and stiffed waitress, thus the receipt got posted online. By cause and effect rules, the pastor had a very large part in it.

No. The pastor sucked. The waiter did something stupid. The sucky pastor did not make the waiter do that. People are exceedingly dumb with all of this facebook type crap these days.

A man annoyed me. I killed him. The man did not get me sent to prison. I got myself sent to prison.

Hootie 02-01-2013 02:29 PM

Well it's probably not the end of the world...not hard to get a waitstaff job at a place like applebees once you break into the industry...

I will say if someone ever wrote that on a receipt I left them I'd laugh my ass off and show my co-workers as well

loochy 02-01-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9370633)
Well it's probably not the end of the world...not hard to get a waitstaff job at a place like applebees once you break into the industry...

I will say if someone ever wrote that on a receipt I left them I'd laugh my ass off and show my co-workers as well

And would you be surprised if you got canned because the picture spread online like wildfire?

You'd laugh, but I bet this one cried.

loochy 02-01-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9370633)

And would you be surprised if you got canned because the picture spread online like wildfire?

Hootie, come work in my town. I'd enjoy having you wait on me.

Stewie 02-01-2013 02:37 PM

I'm totally ignorant of restaurant revenue and Bump mentioned he worked at a $1 million/month restaurant. That made me curious, so I looked up restaurant revenues and found this list from 2010. Holy cow! A couple of these places churn out 1 million meals per year (these are independent and not chains).

There were only 60 restaurants in all of the US that did $1 million/month. Obviously, most are in Vegas, NYC, Chicago, but a few were not in big cities.

http://www.eatinglv.com/2010/04/the-...taurants-2010/

loochy 02-01-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9370660)
I'm totally ignorant of restaurant revenue and Bump mentioned he worked at a $1 million/month restaurant. That made me curious, so I looked up restaurant revenues and found this list from 2010. Holy cow! A couple of these places churn out 1 million meals per year (these are independent and not chains).

There were only 60 restaurants in all of the US that did $1 million/month. Obviously, most are in Vegas, NYC, Chicago, but a few were not in big cities.

lol @ those....bump, you were not the manager at one of those. I call your ruse.

Rain Man 02-01-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

I'm wondering if it would be a good hobby to want to eat at all of these places or if you just end up eating in a lot of loud restaurants.

loochy 02-01-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Have you ever eaten at any of those?

I've been to Old Ebbitt Grill, Washington, D.C. That one is especially impressive to me because it is not expensive....that's some volume right there. However, the restaurant was pretty large and there was a ton of seating. I remember that place because some cougar came up and sat by me and started griping about her ex BF that she dumped. Then she proceeded to tell me all about the Department of Commerce and blah blah blah yaddah yaddah yaddah boring and I left.

Stewie 02-01-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9370689)
Have you ever eaten at any of those?

I've been to Old Ebbitt Grill, Washington, D.C. That one is especially impressive to me because it is not expensive....that's some volume right there. However, the restaurant was pretty large and there was a ton of seating. I remember that place because some cougar came up and sat by me and started griping about her ex BF that she dumped. Then she proceeded to tell me all about the Department of Commerce and blah blah blah yaddah yaddah yaddah boring and I left.

I have not, I'm sorry to say. I need to get to Vegas just to check some of those restaurants out. I can't imagine what the kitchen must be like in some of those places that serve hundreds of thousands of meals per year.

Isn't Tavern on the Green closed now? Or am I thinking of another NYC iconic restaurant?

Hootie 02-01-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9370649)

No, probably not. The waiter that posted Peyton Manning's mega tip got axed as well.

People are dumb.

Hootie 02-01-2013 03:01 PM

Yard House in KCKS isn't top 60!?!?

I'm shocked I tell you.

Hootie 02-01-2013 03:03 PM

If I thought I could move to Vegas and get a waiter job I'd have done it by now...I'm guessing any of them worth a damn make an easy six figures.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-01-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9370774)
If I thought I could move to Vegas and get a waiter job I'd have done it by now...I'm guessing any of them worth a damn make an easy six figures.

They do, and you'd get a job just fine. You'd go broke due to your gambling addiction though. :D

Hootie 02-01-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9370779)
They do, and you'd get a job just fine. You'd go broke due to your gambling addiction though. :D

I heard it is SUPER competitive and new people to the area have an amazingly difficult time finding these jobs because of the fear they can't handle the "lifestyle" and they'll just up and move away out of nowhere.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-01-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9370981)
I heard it is SUPER competitive and new people to the area have an amazingly difficult time finding these jobs because of the fear they can't handle the "lifestyle" and they'll just up and move away out of nowhere.

Maybe you'd have to work a lower level to start like Chili's or something, but once you've been there for a year I'm sure you'd be fine. Honestly though, I don't think I'd have too, therefore I don't think you would either. Most? Sure. Dynamic personalities? **** no.

Hootie 02-01-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9370779)

and I'm an absolute winning poker player...I crushed Thackerville, Oklahoma while I was in Dallas...I was 19 for 20 in winning sessions playing the EASY, FISH FILLED NL 1/2 $200 MAX game.

Problem was the 80 minute drive...hated being down $40 before I sat down (gas) and the fact I'm not the "grind" out 36 hour sessions kind of guy...if I take a SICK beat on the river I generally have to collect myself and often like to leave.

one of my winning sessions ($19 lol)...I was up around $300 and had AQ under the gun...raised it up a standard $12 and had two callers including the SB. Flop comes out A X X. I bet $15, fold, SB raises to $40. I call. Turn another X...nothing scary...SB bets $40 and I raise him immediately to $110. Dude goes all in for the rest of his stack $160 total. I call (frustratingly so, had to was committed) thinking damn...****er snapped two pair on me playing A X from the SB. Nope. Dude has A 9 off...how he thought he was good when I raised pre, bet flop (called his raise), and then reraised him on the turn I DO NOT KNOW...his all-in was like a "pissed off **** you I know I'm losing but I'm not laying down my pair of aces" all-in.

Anyways...9 rivers and I lose that ****ing pot and instead of sitting there pissed off I just took my $19 profit and drove the **** home.

That was really my only frustrating session I had there. I lost about $100 one session (15+ hours of grinding) but I had been drinking (something I never do when I play poker)...and other than the $19 profit I made between $120 and $510 every other session.

My roommate is on a HUGE string of winning sessions in Peoria right now, too...like a SICK run. Went Friday-Sunday and turned a $2300 profit. Now that the poker craze is "dead" all the new kids don't know how to play anymore (like how we learned in the Moneymaker era) and all the old men are still knits or suckers.

I wish I could go to Peoria with him but I work Saturdays...plus I just hate the 80 minute drives (same drive here as it was when I was in Dallas)...

so I imagine that's what I'd do in Vegas...but I also imagine the games are a bit tougher (I've played in Vegas before, but back in my 10/20 and 20/40 limit days)...I used to LOVE casino limit. LOT OF FISH.

Hootie 02-01-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9370987)
Maybe you'd have to work a lower level to start like Chili's or something, but once you've been there for a year I'm sure you'd be fine. Honestly though, I don't think I'd have too, therefore I don't think you would either. Most? Sure. Dynamic personalities? **** no.

I mean, my resume speaks for itself...I've never been fired for a job, I've been at every single job for at least 3 years (up until my Dallas job), and I have amazing work references.

I just heard Vegas is TOUGH.

GloryDayz 02-02-2013 01:36 PM

Everybody on this thread needs to stop and watch "Waiting" on the Comedy channel...

Bump 02-03-2013 02:11 AM

I like this person.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5c3c2f96.jpg

chiefsfan987 02-03-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9373900)

Me too. For the record though, Applebee's treats its employee's like shit.

jspchief 02-03-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9370328)

Luv called that early in the thread. Said it was woman's handwriting.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-03-2013 07:29 AM

Should have signed it Mrs. Pink

ThatRaceCardGuy 02-03-2013 08:53 AM

I used to work for a chain restaurant from 2000-2004 . We would always get large groups of younger kids right before close who either didn't tip , or tipped shitty. One night , A 19 top church group came in , 10 minutes before close (mortal sin in that industry lol ) they apologized for coming late. They end up staying for an hour past close, order a crap load of drinks (non alcoholic) and food. When the time comes to pay the bill two people pay for everyone-one in cash , and one on a card...leaving a 59cent tip! Needless to say the server was pissed, she ran outside, caught the group as they were loading up and told them off, as she handed back her "tip"..it was epic lol. The group leader was so ashamed he came in the next day and left $50 for her...the moral of the story is tip your ****ing servers. They get paid shit, and they work twice as hard as you probably do. They have to endure insults, unwanted harassment, and assholes who take their crappy day out on them. If you don't believe in tipping, then hit a drive through up or learn how to cook.

Hootie 02-03-2013 09:27 AM

well if you worked at a chain restaurant I'm not quite sure why that girl server didn't add gratuity to that 19 top as I'm pretty sure all chain restaurants have auto grats on big tables

Pasta Little Brioni 02-03-2013 09:31 AM

How many of these insecure waitresses did you bang Hootie?

Hootie 02-03-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9374104)
How many of these insecure waitresses did you bang Hootie?

a lot

Hootie 02-03-2013 09:34 AM

that was the best part of being in the industry

Pasta Little Brioni 02-03-2013 09:39 AM

I bet. Working in close quarters like that anyway leads to a lot of action behind the scenes.

sedated 02-03-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9374054)
They get paid shit, and they work twice as hard as you probably do. They have to endure insults, unwanted harassment, and assholes who take their crappy day out on them.

You dont like your job, then quit.

GloryDayz 02-03-2013 09:44 AM

Well this thread has gone for a while.... I can report I've never been a waiter, but I have had jobs that were very manual by their very nature. I was a paper-boy back in the day.. It may not have been a 12-hour shift, but it was a job that made a 12-year-old get up 364 out of 365 days of a year. And like being a waiter, a LOT of your take-home pay was in the form of tips. Later i worked in construction, so the great outdoors sure could show her not-so-great side on a regular basis. THAT'S why I elected to get out of that sort of life. In the end I traded-in one form of stress for another. While I used to whine about long hours in the heat or cold, or early hours folding papers in the heat and cold, nowadays those stresses have been altered to being the always-connected (laptops, BBs, MiFi...you name it, they can find me - and they do) IT professional! I think that's why many of us are here! We get to watch people get paid a stupid amount of money for doing something thy love. Yet they too have complaints and concerns about their lives too. It could be argued to death, and it's pointless.

But back to the original point, waiters and waitresses - but I'd extend it to the entire community of people in jobs where "tips" are the larger part of their take-home pay being in the form of gratuities - I think they just need to be abolished it if these problems are more than the exception to the rule. Just pay people if 9-out-of-10 servers are getting stiffed regularly. If, however, it's 1-in-10 servers who occasionally get stiffed after working an hourer past closing, tell them to suck it up and know it's part of deal. LOL, I porched every goddamn paper on my route, every day, and some folks just paid the price. I still porched their paper too.

Ask the community what they want and go with it. I'm sure there will be those who make $300 a night who will say it works well. Than there are a few Waffle House servers who work their asses off who might be inclined to be happier with a guaranteed minimum wage.

I know this, I tip, and I tip well, but I hate the idea that it's based on the price of the meal. That means 20% of expensive dinner means an server has "earned" more than the server who did a better job than the 20% of a more economical meal. So that's something I'd like to hear ideas about; you go out to the Pierpont's and it's not difficult to run up a $120 dinner and get a waiter/waitress who's not bad, but not better than McComick and Schmick's and how do you justify going less than 15% (as low as I'll go) to make sure the better server walks away at the end of the month with more money. That's my problem...I've had servers in supposedly higher-end restaurants who just did their job, but walk with more simply because the food is more expensive.

And I get the "amount of time per sitting" angle too...

Spott 02-03-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9374054)
I used to work for a chain restaurant from 2000-2004 . We would always get large groups of younger kids right before close who either didn't tip , or tipped shitty. One night , A 19 top church group came in , 10 minutes before close (mortal sin in that industry lol ) they apologized for coming late. They end up staying for an hour past close, order a crap load of drinks (non alcoholic) and food. When the time comes to pay the bill two people pay for everyone-one in cash , and one on a card...leaving a 59cent tip! Needless to say the server was pissed, she ran outside, caught the group as they were loading up and told them off, as she handed back her "tip"..it was epic lol. The group leader was so ashamed he came in the next day and left $50 for her...the moral of the story is tip your ****ing servers. They get paid shit, and they work twice as hard as you probably do. They have to endure insults, unwanted harassment, and assholes who take their crappy day out on them. If you don't believe in tipping, then hit a drive through up or learn how to cook.

The only thing that doesn't surprise me about this story is that it was a church group.

Bump 02-03-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9374127)
You dont like your job, then quit.

true, but that shouldn't be an excuse to treat others like shit just because you can.

Bump 02-03-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9374414)
The only thing that doesn't surprise me about this story is that it was a church group.

But no, church people are the best ppl to wait on and Sundays are my favorite day

/hootie and flopnuts

Hootie 02-03-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9374731)
But no, church people are the best ppl to wait on and Sundays are my favorite day

/hootie and flopnuts

Didn't you already get pwned in this thread enough?

Valiant 02-03-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9370363)

She wanted everybody fired, managers and server... And the report says, the server that served them did not post it.. Another server did.. Then it blew up more then she apologized for being a shit human and bringing disgrace..

Bump 02-03-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9374994)
She wanted everybody fired, managers and server... And the report says, the server that served them did not post it.. Another server did.. Then it blew up more then she apologized for being a shit human and bringing disgrace..

she even tried to twist it saying that she knew it would get so much publicity and help the spread the word of jesus, lol.

duncan_idaho 02-03-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9375047)
she even tried to twist it saying that she knew it would get so much publicity and help the spread the word of jesus, lol.

Oh, I get it. It's like when God let Ray Lewis get away with murdering two people so he could continue to spread the word of God?

Dave Lane 02-03-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9375108)
Oh, I get it. It's like when God let Ray Lewis get away with murdering two people so he could continue to spread the word of God?

Now you are starting to get it. :thumb:

WhiteWhale 02-04-2013 01:35 AM

I know someone who worked at Applebees and he said church groups were the worst.

He talked about a group of old ladies who had a nice con going for them. They would pay for their tickets with a 100 dollar bill, and then after getting their change they would find the manager and say they got shorted a $20. The customer is always right, and you know the store isn't eating that $20.

Hootie 02-04-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9376945)
I know someone who worked at Applebees and he said church groups were the worst.

He talked about a group of old ladies who had a nice con going for them. They would pay for their tickets with a 100 dollar bill, and then after getting their change they would find the manager and say they got shorted a $20. The customer is always right, and you know the store isn't eating that $20.

ROFL

So ridiculous.

This shit just doesn't happen. Reading it makes me :facepalm:

Backwards Masking 02-04-2013 07:36 AM

At least he's just using God as a reason not to tip

Better than using God to justify not going to prison for killing someone like 2x Super Bowl Champion Ray Lewis

God bless this pastor, just another solid reason why churches shouldn't have to pay taxes - what they do is better than what everybody else dopes and results in creating better human beings than the rest of us.

loochy 02-04-2013 09:14 AM

I know someone who worked at Chilis and he said non-church groups were the worst.

He talked about a group of young men who had a nice con going for them. They would pay for their tickets with a 100 dollar bill, and then after getting their change they would find the manager and say they got shorted a $20. The customer is always right, and you know the store isn't eating that $20.

Therefore, all non church people are bad.