ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals A video tribute to the 1985 Royals (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282588)

Gadzooks 03-26-2014 01:55 PM

1985 World Series, Game 6: Umpire Don Denkinger declared Royals baserunner Jorge Orta safe and the Royals rallied to beat the Cardinals and go on to win Game 7. Replays show Orta clearly was out. (Patrick Sullivan/The Kansas City Star).

Just sayin'.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-26-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 10518520)
1985 World Series, Game 6: Umpire Don Denkinger declared Royals baserunner Jorge Orta safe and the Royals rallied to beat the Cardinals and go on to win Game 7. Replays show Orta clearly was out. (Patrick Sullivan/The Kansas City Star).

Just sayin'.

Really? He was out? Are you sure? I don't think there was anything about this in the song.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-26-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10518495)
What's great about that is that it perfectly explains the Game 6 ninth inning.

Yeah, that was my goal. I'm sick and tired of Cardinals fans complaining about how that call lost the game. At the very least, the Royals would have tied the game. They missed popups, threw wild pitches, gave up hits, and then just completely collapsed in game seven.

ALSO, what all the Cardinals fans fail to mention is that Frank White was called out trying to steal second in the fourth inning. Replays show that he was safe. The next batter singled, and White would have scored on that play, giving the Royals a 1-0 lead.

The umpires blew calls both ways in this game. It evened out.

Gadzooks 03-26-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 10518543)
Really? He was out? Are you sure? I don't think there was anything about this in the song.

I thought you'd like that comment.:)

Hammock Parties 03-26-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin (Post 10518296)
That's a lot better than I thought it would be

How DARE you question our talents.

Hammock Parties 03-26-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 10518495)
What's great about that is that it perfectly explains the Game 6 ninth inning.

I'll be honest, I'm not a Royals fan and knew almost nothing about the 85 WS or Denkinger other than in passing. So I learned a lot making this.

**** Cardinals fans. I hope their jimmies are rustled until the end of time.

Discuss Thrower 03-26-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 10518549)
Yeah, that was my goal. I'm sick and tired of Cardinals fans complaining about how that call lost the game. At the very least, the Royals would have tied the game. They missed popups, threw wild pitches, gave up hits, and then just completely collapsed in game seven.

ALSO, what all the Cardinals fans fail to mention is that Frank White was called out trying to steal second in the fourth inning. Replays show that he was safe. The next batter singled, and White would have scored on that play, giving the Royals a 1-0 lead.

The umpires blew calls both ways in this game. It evened out.

Orta got erased at 3rd anyway. The dropped pop-up ****ed St Louis more then Denkinger did.

EVEN STILL: All Denkinger's call "did" was force a Game 7. If the Cardinals deserved to win they shouldn't have allowed the Royals to drop 11 runs on them.

Three7s 03-26-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10518664)
I'll be honest, I'm not a Royals fan and knew almost nothing about the 85 WS or Denkinger other than in passing. So I learned a lot making this.

I know you're a Rangers fan, aren't you?

loochy 03-26-2014 03:04 PM

It's really weird to see the stadium full.

Nickel D 03-26-2014 03:12 PM

What are the words after the following:

"The good old days..
You suckuhz can't be the Royals..
The good old days..
When they ruled like ________________.."

loochy 03-26-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel D (Post 10518741)

"The good old days..
The good old days..

Susan Boyle

Mama Hip Rockets 03-26-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel D (Post 10518741)

"The good old days..
The good old days..

O'Doyles. "Billy Madison" reference.

All the lyrics can be found here:

http://joshuakennedy.bandcamp.com/track/1985

Mama Hip Rockets 03-26-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

LOL. Glad it was a good experience for you.

BlackHelicopters 03-26-2014 03:21 PM

The Cards still had a chance in that inning, but their blunders were outrageous.

BigRedChief 03-26-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

2011 was suppose to be your year huh? Nothing like being one pitch away from winning a World Series and see it all slip away...........twice and then get the big home run to take the lead on the road for the WS win only to see it slip away again. Lots of pain make you mad at us?:harumph: