ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Offense or Defense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104925)

Coach 11-23-2004 01:12 AM

Offense or Defense?

You have two choices to choose from.

A) 2003 Chiefs explosive offense = horrendous defense

or

B) 1995 Chiefs MartyBall offense = dominating D

Which one do you perfer?

chiefshead33 11-23-2004 01:14 AM

A great defense beats a great offense 9/10 times. Give me Martyball with the killer D. We put fear into offenses' hearts with DT, Smith, Hasty, etc. Now those days seem like a distant memory. :deevee:

Miles 11-23-2004 01:15 AM

Definitly the dominating D. It can beat any team in the league while a dominate O is much less dependable.

tk13 11-23-2004 01:17 AM

Defense, 100% of the time. Those playoff failures during the Marty years are just mind-boggling to me because of it, that defense was so good....

Demonpenz 11-23-2004 01:18 AM

Tampa Bay and the Ravens both won Super Bowls with Dominating D

Manila-Chief 11-23-2004 02:14 AM

Neither! coz you have to have at least a little O to win. Martyball proved that to us.

But, to answer.... Defense! Like in most sports a GREAT DEFNESE shuts down offense. A great D can get lucky and return a fumble/interception for a T.D. much better than a great O with a sorry D can stop the other team.

Look at how many ordinary O just ran over our D. You can't expect your O to be prefection. I mean ... for them to score a TD each time they touch the ball. There will be misses and puts ... or interceptions... So, we are exhibit A!!!!

Phobia 11-23-2004 02:20 AM

I don't think I can vote in this poll.

I can tolerate the Chiefs losing games. Really, I can. Don't tell my wife I said that or she'd call me a liar. Seriously, I can handle a loss. The shit that pisses me off is watching 10 guys trying to stop a QB sneak on 3rd and 1 and it works. The pile stops short of the first down marker. Then #25 comes into the picture and stands there. Then the pile inches forward another 6 inches to gain the first down. That's just one example of not playing hard. I don't know how many examples I saw tonight - Easy was standing around during a Hall return. He had made his 1 block and stood there while Hall fought to evade a defender Easy could have easily blocked. Don't get me started on missed tackles and dropped passes. That's the shit I can't handle. I can watch the Chiefs get beaten by a better team. No problem. I can't stand watching the Chiefs give games away. Nope. That shit drives me crazy!

Hammock Parties 11-23-2004 02:20 AM

Baltimore Ravens folks.

Besides, I believe if you have one or two very good-to-great players on offense you can create a gameplan to be at least average on offense. *cough* 2001 Patriots *cough*

tk13 11-23-2004 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

I can tolerate the Chiefs losing games. Really, I can. Don't tell my wife I said that or she'd call me a liar. Seriously, I can handle a loss. The shit that pisses me off is watching 10 guys trying to stop a QB sneak on 3rd and 1 and it works. The pile stops short of the first down marker. Then #25 comes into the picture and stands there. Then the pile inches forward another 6 inches to gain the first down. That's just one example of not playing hard. I don't know how many examples I saw tonight - Easy was standing around during a Hall return. He had made his 1 block and stood there while Hall fought to evade a defender Easy could have easily blocked. Don't get me started on missed tackles and dropped passes. That's the shit I can't handle. I can watch the Chiefs get beaten by a better team. No problem. I can't stand watching the Chiefs give games away. Nope. That shit drives me crazy!

I remember that play by Easy you were talking about.. that was probably the most frustrating thing I saw all night just at first glance. Not that it would've sprung Dante for a TD, but I think it would've helped him have a better return, then who knows. I don't know if Easy just quit or if he honestly just couldn't see the guy out of the corner of his helmet, either way it's not a good thing...

el borracho 11-23-2004 02:30 AM

Why can't I have both? Philasmellphia is currently #3 in offensive points/ game and #2 in points allowed/ game.

Hammock Parties 11-23-2004 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Why can't I have both? Philasmellphia is currently #3 in offensive points/ game and #2 in points allowed/ game.

Come on man. The Chiefs could never be that good a team. ROFL

Hammock Parties 11-23-2004 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I remember that play by Easy you were talking about.. that was probably the most frustrating thing I saw all night just at first glance. Not that it would've sprung Dante for a TD, but I think it would've helped him have a better return, then who knows. I don't know if Easy just quit or if he honestly just couldn't see the guy out of the corner of his helmet, either way it's not a good thing...

I saw that too. I think Easy just couldn't hold his block long enough.

Speaking of special teams, they were pretty good tonight, apart from Cheek's shank.

2bikemike 11-23-2004 02:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

You mean tackles like this.

Hammock Parties 11-23-2004 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
You mean tackles like this.

"Outta my way, bitch." :shake:

Kraut 11-23-2004 05:40 AM

The D all the way!!