ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Buck 07-19-2010 05:06 AM

The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers***
 
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC.

Note from Gonzo:

Spoiler Tag all comic book references please. Anything from episodes that have already aired is fine.

Buck 07-19-2010 05:14 AM

Heres some stills.

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery...e-Male-760.jpg

Buck 07-19-2010 05:15 AM

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery...-Torso-760.jpg

Buck 07-19-2010 05:15 AM

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery...ck-Car-760.jpg

Buck 07-19-2010 05:15 AM

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery...ck-Gun-760.jpg

Buck 07-19-2010 05:16 AM

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009/WDzom1.jpg

Buck 07-19-2010 05:30 AM

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009/wdb1.jpeg

Buck 07-19-2010 05:30 AM

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009/wdc1.jpeg

Buck 07-19-2010 05:31 AM

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009/wda1.jpeg

Rausch 07-19-2010 07:11 AM

Friggen sweet...

Reaper16 07-19-2010 10:14 AM

If there is to be a TV adaptation of a good graphic novel then I am glad it is on a cable network that cares about its scripted programming. I'm unfamiliar with the lead actor.

The Pest 07-19-2010 12:49 PM

Looks cool enough. I'll probably check out the first episode.

kaplin42 07-19-2010 12:51 PM

Zombies!!!!! I'm in.

Wrasse 07-19-2010 01:01 PM

I'm ashamed I didn't know about this. Nice find! Can't wait.

Jerm 07-19-2010 05:17 PM

I cannot wait for this...been waiting seemingly forever for a Walking Dead movie or series, this is friggin' awesome.

KcMizzou 07-19-2010 05:27 PM

I've got high hopes for this. I like Darabont.

Buck 07-19-2010 05:28 PM

I've never read the books but I'm going to.

Jerm 07-19-2010 05:31 PM

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:538916" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=vid%3D538916%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A538916" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0px;padding:4px;width:500px;text-align:center;font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#

Pasta Giant Meatball 07-19-2010 06:06 PM

Looks like I'll be watching this. Thanks for sharing as this is the first I've heard of it.

cabletech94 07-19-2010 06:29 PM

great find buck!
kirkman is the friggin' bomb.
i can't believe i didn't find this any sooner.
you deserve head from some $5 whore.

Ceej 07-19-2010 08:01 PM

That looks awesome. Count me in, good find Buck.

I've been fiendin' for another zombie flick to land in theaters soon too. You guys heard of anything?

Buck 07-19-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6888408)
That looks awesome. Count me in, good find Buck.

I've been fiendin' for another zombie flick to land in theaters soon too. You guys heard of anything?

Hell yeah, Zombie TV SHOW! Are you kidding me?

I dont know any movies coming up really.

BillSelfsTrophycase 07-19-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6888408)

I've been fiendin' for another zombie flick to land in theaters soon too. You guys heard of anything?

New Resident Evil comes out in September

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220634/

Ceej 07-20-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carls20yearplan (Post 6888793)
New Resident Evil comes out in September

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220634/

Sweet thanks.

I'm about ready for another Romero flick to hit the big screen -- if that happens.

Buck 07-23-2010 01:22 AM

I just read the first 3 graphic novels (comic con rules!). They are pretty good. I fully intend to purchase the next 9 at comic con tomorrow.

Al Bundy 07-23-2010 04:36 AM

I can't wait for this show.

Huffmeister 07-23-2010 07:55 AM

Speaking of zombie movies... has anyone heard anything about the film adaptation of World War Z? I was never much of a zombie fan until I read that book.

Red Brooklyn 07-23-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 6894300)
Speaking of zombie movies... has anyone heard anything about the film adaptation of World War Z? I was never much of a zombie fan until I read that book.

Looks like Pitt's company owns it and is developing it as a vehicle for him.

Red Brooklyn 07-23-2010 11:47 AM

I'm a little burnt out on zombies and vampires. But this has potential written all over it. Might be fun.

kaplin42 07-23-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 6894300)
Speaking of zombie movies... has anyone heard anything about the film adaptation of World War Z? I was never much of a zombie fan until I read that book.

Holy crap, a WWZ movie would be awesome, if done right of course. Im surprised Max Brooks doesn't have a hand in it since it's his book.

irishjayhawk 07-23-2010 02:18 PM

WWZ is apparently going forward after problems getting production started. Brad Pitt is penciled in to star.

Twitter's ComiCon pulse has been lighting up since Walking Dead did their piece. [Same with Scott Pilgrim vs The World]

kaplin42 07-23-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6894846)
WWZ is apparently going forward after problems getting production started. Brad Pitt is penciled in to star.

Twitter's ComiCon pulse has been lighting up since Walking Dead did their piece. [Same with Scott Pilgrim vs The World]

Wonder if Brad Pitt will play the guy that was voiced by Luke Skywalker.

I listened to the book instead of read it. Was way awesome. I may just have to load it up on my iphone again to listen too.

irishjayhawk 07-23-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6887593)
If there is to be a TV adaptation of a good graphic novel then I am glad it is on a cable network that cares about its scripted programming. I'm unfamiliar with the lead actor.

Love Actually, FTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmEy-...eature=related

I can't find the "signs" scene on YT because of copyright.

Deberg_1990 07-23-2010 04:11 PM

Cant wait for this. Darabont can do no wrong in my book.

Buck 07-23-2010 05:23 PM

I stood in line for over an hour for te The Walking Dead panel and the room reached capacity 10 - 20 people in front of me. So pissed! I just found working wifi. Does anyone know if it's on YouTube?

I'm at the women of scifi panel right now and True Blood is next.

cabletech94 07-23-2010 06:49 PM

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/178...n-world-war-z-


this one is for my fellow deadheads (sorry, not the greatful)

this site's where i get most of my shit.

Buck 07-23-2010 11:46 PM

Nice.

They signed on Bear McCreary as the composer. This is excellent news.

Jerm 07-24-2010 03:08 AM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBiI6YRfWIY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qBiI6YRfWIY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

From Comic Con....OMG this looks soooo good, can't friggin' wait.

irishjayhawk 07-24-2010 08:04 AM

Solid.

cabletech94 07-24-2010 09:16 AM

nice.
dead rep.

Buck 07-24-2010 02:08 PM

I'm happy that Lennie James is in it

Spoiler!

Bowser 07-24-2010 11:58 PM

I've read the first seven graphic novels, and I'm hooked.

Holy shit, this is going to be one brutally graphic show.

The Pest 07-26-2010 09:55 AM

Are the graphic novels worth picking up?

Bowser 07-26-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6898618)
Are the graphic novels worth picking up?

I like them. They're in black and white, which I wasn't a huge fan of to begin with, but it just works for the storyline. The story is quite addictive, I'm always wanting to know what's gonna happen next. And like I said - this is one brutal story, and not just when it comes to the zombies.

Buck 08-01-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6898618)
Are the graphic novels worth picking up?

In a word, yes.

In two words, **** YES.

In three words, **** YEAH MOTHER****ER.

In four words, JIZZ IN MY PANTS.

Okay, that was a bit sophomoric, but man I have read the first 9 graphic novels and I've got to say its the most interesting series of comics I've ever read. Don't read it if you don't like sad stories though. This is the most gut wrenching and heart wrenching story I've ever read. I cant wait to read more.

Bowser 08-01-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6910201)
In a word, yes.

In two words, **** YES.

In three words, **** YEAH MOTHER****ER.

In four words, JIZZ IN MY PANTS.

Okay, that was a bit sophomoric, but man I have read the first 9 graphic novels and I've got to say its the most interesting series of comics I've ever read. Don't read it if you don't like sad stories though. This is the most gut wrenching and heart wrenching story I've ever read. I cant wait to read more.

I'm through 11, and it's addictive as hell. The shit these people keep having to deal with is what keeps you coming back to see what's next....

So yes, Pest, start in on them. Great time killing reads.

kaplin42 08-04-2010 12:15 PM

Thanks for the tips on the graphic novels. I started yesterday. Very interesting. I can't wait for this show to come out.

Delano 08-04-2010 08:45 PM

Anyone have the big omnibus edition of the graphic novels?

I'd like to get it if it holds up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 08-04-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 6917388)
Anyone have the big omnibus edition of the graphic novels?

I'd like to get it if it holds up.
Posted via Mobile Device

A guy on Craigslist in San Diego was selling the 2nd volume for $50, which is a good price, but if I can't get the first edition for cheap...which I can't, then I don't see the point of buying it.

kaplin42 08-06-2010 03:29 PM

About to start novel 16. This series is just awesome and horrible at the same time.

I imagine that if WWZ ever happened, this is pretty close to what it would be like.

Buck 08-06-2010 03:34 PM

Novel 16? They only have 12 out and I'm halfway through 11.
Posted via Mobile Device

kaplin42 08-06-2010 03:44 PM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...2/Untitled.jpg

Buck 08-06-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 6921016)

Thats issue #16, aka, Comic Book #16, not novel #16.

That issue took place in the third graphic novel (paperback), just FYI.

Buck 08-06-2010 03:48 PM

And how do you buy comics for your computer and can you get them in high res? I am about to finish off my books but there are issues out that havent been made into a novel yet, so I want to read them (#73-75).

kaplin42 08-06-2010 03:48 PM

ahhh, yeah, im looking at the digital version of the comics. so yeah I guess not the novels.

Buck 08-06-2010 05:19 PM

Just finished novel #11. Good stuff. Crazy shit went down.

irishjayhawk 08-06-2010 11:06 PM

Not Walking Dead related but do you guys find reading graphic novels to be on par with books?

I just am worried I'd find it weird.

Buck 08-07-2010 07:11 AM

Its totally different. You either like it or you don't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Brooklyn 08-07-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6921678)
Not Walking Dead related but do you guys find reading graphic novels to be on par with books?

I just am worried I'd find it weird.

Very, very different. But each is rewarding in it's own way.

Buck 08-08-2010 04:23 PM

Here's an excerpt from a GQ Interview with Robert Kirkman.

The quote is from the interveiwer.

"This book's gone to some pretty crazy places over the last 75 issues. I can't wait to see some of the stuff from later in the run show up on TV. I'm really psyched for, like, season three, which is a weird way to feel about a TV show that hasn't even started yet."

Heres a link to the whole article. I read it and don't think there are any spoilers.

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2010/0...-backyard.html

Reaper16 08-08-2010 04:46 PM

ITT: confusion of the terms "graphic novel" and "trade paperback."

Buck 08-08-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6923812)
ITT: confusion of the terms "graphic novel" and "trade paperback."

Yes, but who cares?

Reaper16 08-08-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6923829)
Yes, but who cares?

ME BUCK

ME AM CARES

Buck 08-08-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6923831)
ME BUCK

ME AM CARES

Well I know you care.

Anyways, have you read any of these comics?

Reaper16 08-08-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6923836)
Well I know you care.

Anyways, have you read any of these comics?

I read the first trade paperback once. My friend who loaned it to me didn't have any others. Good stuff.

(It never occurs to me to torrent comics.)

Buck 08-08-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6923839)
I read the first trade paperback once. My friend who loaned it to me didn't have any others. Good stuff.

(It never occurs to me to torrent comics.)

Well you shouldn't do that, but if you decide to, I can tell you where to get one. (First 66 issues, which is the equivalent of the first 11 Trade Paperbacks)

TrickyNicky 08-08-2010 05:22 PM

Check your local library as well. I was surprised to see the first Walking Dead compendium at the Manhattan Library. (collects the first 8 trades, or issues 1-48)

keg in kc 08-24-2010 02:46 PM

Premiere date official, Halloween night at 10 pm (err, 9 for us)!

90 minutes!

Buck 08-24-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6952835)
Premiere date official, Halloween night at 10 pm (err, 9 for us)!

90 minutes!

Sweet Ass!

Here is a High Quality Trailer, finally.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg46DWI_fCE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg46DWI_fCE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

keg in kc 08-24-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6952847)
Sweet Ass!

Thanks, I just had it stuffed.

Err, wait, that one worked better in Naked Gun.

Baby Lee 08-24-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6952847)
Sweet Ass!

Here is a High Quality Trailer, finally.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg46DWI_fCE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yg46DWI_fCE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

****itty **** ****ing ****.

I was already welling up with the Walker Bros song, then the look on Lennie James' face when he saw his wife at the end of his barrel.

Stoked.

KcMizzou 08-24-2010 03:56 PM

Damn... looks great.

Jerm 08-24-2010 07:16 PM

This is going to be so epic.

I've waited seemingly forever for a good zombie TV series, this def. has potential...can see it lasting season after season, there's a lot of stuff they can do with it.

Halloween can't get here fast enough.

bevischief 08-25-2010 08:57 AM

Kick a@#. Can't wait.

Bowser 08-25-2010 01:03 PM

Oh hell yes.

(And was there a Dewey Crowe sighting there?)

keg in kc 09-01-2010 05:31 PM

News hitting today that AMC has already ordered a 13-episode 2nd season (1st is only 6...) although the show is still two months from premeiring.

Buck 09-01-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6970033)
News hitting today that AMC has already ordered a 13-episode 2nd season (1st is only 6...) although the show is still two months from premeiring.

I heard that 2 days ago, n00b.

PunkinDrublic 09-01-2010 05:59 PM

This looks great. Off topic I wonder if they'd ever do a sequel to zombieland.

keg in kc 09-01-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6970073)
I heard that 2 days ago, n00b.

Sure you did.

Buck 09-01-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6970216)
Sure you did.

http://www.twdfanclub.net/apps/forums/


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.