ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Worst pizza on the plant... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267012)

smittysbar 11-24-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9146469)
Casey's? Aren't those the ones you buy at gas stations? I have a policy to never mix dining with petroleum storage.

You're missing out

ClevelandBronco 11-24-2012 04:00 PM

Once you learn how to make pizza yourself, they all kind of suck.

Stewie 11-24-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Casey's? Aren't those the ones you buy at gas stations? I have a policy to never mix dining with petroleum storage.

They just built a store near me and I get coupons in the mail. I haven't tried it yet, but several people here like it.

PunkinDrublic 11-24-2012 04:02 PM

Fortunately I live by a great local place that delivers. **** chains like Papa Johns.

Hootie 11-24-2012 04:04 PM

maybe the Papa John's you frequented isn't ran very well...

like I said, the one across the street from where I live gives me a $5 large 1 topping...with garlic butter and a pepperoncini...can't complain.

I like Pizza Hut best when it comes to Fast Food pizza...but Papa John's is 2nd.

The old pizza place I used to work at is unbelievable and probably the best deep dish pizza in America.

CLX 11-24-2012 04:06 PM

Godfathers has to be in the running for the worst, before the company had financial problems it was the best around. Sometimes we would drive 50 miles to have a Godfathers.

Papa Johns is pretty bad. Had one and haven't gone back.

PunkinDrublic 11-24-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9146498)

like I said, the one across the street from where I live gives me a $5 large 1 topping...with garlic butter and a pepperoncini...can't complain.

I like Pizza Hut best when it comes to Fast Food pizza...but Papa John's is 2nd.

The old pizza place I used to work at is unbelievable and probably the best deep dish pizza in America.

Maybe but given the choice between a great local place delivers and a chain that may or may not be good, I'll choose local every time.

munkey 11-24-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9146498)

I called and complained..the sauce tasted like tomato paste...they asked if I wanted to talk to a manager but at this point I'm like "**** it"...I'll never go back again...not worth the time or fuel...

Hootie 11-24-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9146508)
Maybe but given the choice between a great local place delivers and a chain that may or may not be good, I'll choose local every time.

Yeah I work at a hotel and people always ask me for recommendations and I always tell them about our local pizza places because we have two really, really, really good pizza spots.

The bar I frequent on Sundays has terrible, terrible, terrible food and it is dead all the time...I bring 10 guys every Sunday (Sunday ticket) and we give them 90% of their Sunday business...

we were sick of eating their shit food so we asked the bartender if we could just order a pizza and he didn't give a shit...

so we ordered a ****ing massive, party size deep dish pizza from Papa Dels (papadels.com)...best pizza on the planet...sausage, pepperoni, bacon...the meat trio...two slices fill you up past the point of full...

$40 between 5 people? Much better than eating an $8 burger that taste like moose dick.

The bar is a great, great (hidden) bar too...it's too bad it is ran so horrendously.

Hootie 11-24-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9146518)
I called and complained..the sauce tasted like tomato paste...they asked if I wanted to talk to a manager but at this point I'm like "**** it"...I'll never go back again...not worth the time or fuel...

I don't know man...

the Papa John's (and really they are all over the U of I, at the games, everything) I order from is good...I like the chewiness of their crust? I think there pepperonis definitely taste better than Pizza Hut's (there is something up with the taste of Pizza Hut pepperoni)...and at the Mobile next door a DiGiorno is $7.99 and like I said I get a large for $5...so the price is right and I swear I think it tastes good and I am a very picky eater.

Ace Gunner 11-24-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 9146489)
Once you learn how to make pizza yourself, they all kind of suck.

yep

|Zach| 11-24-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9146518)

Ah, so you just wanted to emote. Like a woman.

jspchief 11-24-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

I know how it sounds, but its actually decent pizza.

Hootie 11-24-2012 04:15 PM

for instance, I don't eat Jacks, Tombstone, Tonys, anything...I'll eat a DiGiorno...those are good...but I'm a picky pizza eater and I like Papa Johns...used to hate Dominos, still think it is the worst out of the popular fast food pizza joints, but even they are pretty good now (or at least trying) with their new recipes.

007 11-24-2012 04:15 PM

Dgiorno isn't too bad for a frozen either.

Yeah I spelled it wrong, so sue me