ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Women and Fire Fighters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104081)

chris 11-11-2004 10:04 PM

Women and Fire Fighters

Being recently divorced after 13 years of marriage, I joined eHarmony.com and started emailng with numerous women.

One was pretty cool. After 4 months of emails, I decided to drive 3 hours to have lunch with her.

She was intelligent, witty, blond, and beautiful. WOW.

After lunch we walked around town talking; then passed a fire station. Her 3 yr son was with us and I got the BRIGHT idea to see if a Fire fighter would give us a tour.

This big burly guy said "sure" and proceeded to show us all the trucks and equipment. Fun for all was had.

Since the lunch, we sent emails back & forth planning my next trip for next week.

I'm thinking this is great! Someone like me who hasn't played the game for all these years has hit the jackpot with this wonderful woman.

THEN YESTERDAY, I get a email stating that she and the firefighter had "ran into" each other, and now they want a relationship with each other!! And the email ended with the dreaded words...."I hope we can still be friends".

Moral of the story: On a first date, don't go to a fire station.

ROFL

Bowser 11-11-2004 10:06 PM

ROFL

I mean, that sucks for not hooking up with her. She sounded like she had potential. But,

ROFL

Rain Man 11-11-2004 10:09 PM

Firemen are overrated. I think it has something to do with those big hoses they carry.

el borracho 11-11-2004 10:14 PM

did you really want to have a 3 hour commute to a new relationship?

morphius 11-11-2004 10:16 PM

Damn! At least you will always be a cute story they talk about when people ask who they met.

Well, that sure didn't help, did it?

el borracho 11-11-2004 10:18 PM

The 3 year old son part just hit me, too. I think Bob Dole has some advice for you.

Skip Towne 11-11-2004 10:22 PM

I'd bet she "ran into" that dude when she went back to the fire station looking for him. Easy come, easy go.

chris 11-11-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I'd bet she "ran into" that dude when she went back to the fire station looking for him. Easy come, easy go.

My compliments to you on your quick analysis.

It took me until about 3 hours ago to figure out that is exactly what had to happen.

You know that the firefighter didn't write her license plate number down, not with a guy and a 3 year old.

At first it was a shock, but now I'm laughing. Better to find out now than after 6 months of road trips.

ROFL

KcMizzou 11-11-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris
Better to find out now than after 6 months of road trips.

ROFL

Amen. She just saved you a hell of a lot of trouble.

Skip Towne 11-11-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

My compliments to you on your quick analysis.

It took me until about 3 hours ago to figure out that is exactly what had to happen.

You know that the firefighter didn't write her license plate number down, not with a guy and a 3 year old.

At first it was a shock, but now I'm laughing. Better to find out now than after 6 months of road trips.

ROFL

Yeah, I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. I've been at this a long time and my conclusion is women suck. At least most of them do.

Valiant 11-11-2004 10:37 PM

She will be back after the firefighter ****s her and picks up another girl from some guy coming by the firestation for a tour...

go bo 11-11-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. I've been at this a long time and my conclusion is women suck. At least most of them do.

i'm glad you said "most"...

i've actually been pretty happy with my woman for 25 years and counting...

Skip Towne 11-11-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo
i'm glad you said "most"...

i've actually been pretty happy with my woman for 25 years and counting...

Yeah, I had a good one for 24 years but she sucked. hehe

go bo 11-11-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Chief Henry 11-11-2004 10:51 PM

Bummer dude, but now you did'nt spend alot of time and $$$ into this relationship. Chalk it up to
one of lifes little surprises.

Inspector 11-11-2004 10:54 PM

You could burn the firehouse down.

That'd show 'em.

angel 11-11-2004 10:54 PM

oh boy do I love firefighters!

Rausch 11-11-2004 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel

Imagine, the first time we hear from here in what seems like months...

1adam1238 11-11-2004 11:20 PM

I think the three hour commute is a great way to have a relationship.....having someone not around to smother you all the time is cool.......but good thing you learned quickly...better luck next time.

Rausch 11-11-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Being recently divorced after 13 years of marriage, I joined eHarmony.com and started emailng with numerous women.

Oh, dude. No.

Just....NO...

PastorMikH 11-12-2004 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Oh, dude. No.

Just....NO...

So are you saying that the fireman did him a favor there?

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 09:37 AM

Come on guys,,,have you ever seen an ugly fireman,,must be a rule you have to be hot,,,just like the UPS guys.

Phobia 11-12-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me
Come on guys,,,have you ever seen an ugly fireman,,must be a rule you have to be hot,,,just like the UPS guys.

Have you ever seen a fireman or UPS guy outside of a calendar? Seriously. Some of the nastiest dudes I've seen are firefighters or UPS delivery.

phisherman 11-12-2004 09:48 AM

man, i've got a great friend that's a firefighter and even he'll tell me that women didn't think 1% of them than what they did after 9/11. some guys in his firehouse have told me how easy it is to get laid.

so pardon me if i listen to stories about women loving firefighters and kind of laugh. I respect them just as much as any american does, but what i'm waiting for is when chicks love the dorky computer guy. Come on! It could happen! Ha!

bp

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 09:49 AM

Well maybe in Mo...but the firemen up the street from me are hot,,,,,and my UPS guy is a babe.
Do you still hate me,,,,

Ghostof 11-12-2004 09:50 AM

Maybe his hose was able to put out her fire.

phisherman 11-12-2004 09:51 AM

it all comes back to the man in uniform...

but i gotta say, you don't have to be clairvoyant to see that civil servants (cops, firefighters) have gained a LOT in popularity since 9/11....

bp

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman
man, i've got a great friend that's a firefighter and even he'll tell me that women didn't think 1% of them than what they did after 9/11. some guys in his firehouse have told me how easy it is to get laid.

so pardon me if i listen to stories about women loving firefighters and kind of laugh. I respect them just as much as any american does, but what i'm waiting for is when chicks love the dorky computer guy. Come on! It could happen! Ha!

bp

are you a dorky computer guy??

Phobia 11-12-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

Well maybe in Mo...but the firemen up the street from me are hot,,,,,and my UPS guy is a babe.
Do you still hate me,,,,

No, in Texas, Iowa, NC, MA, CA, and VA, too. Apparently I've checked out firefighters in every state.

Do I hate you? I thought you didn't care.

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
No, in Texas, Iowa, NC, MA, CA, and VA, too. Apparently I've checked out firefighters in every state.

Do I hate you? I thought you didn't care.

I really don't,,,,but your not so bad after you get used to your wit,,,,I guess your growing on me.:rolleyes:

Phobia 11-12-2004 09:57 AM

Quote:

I guess your growing on me.:rolleyes:

Doubtful. Maybe it's just morning wood.

phisherman 11-12-2004 10:00 AM

Actually, compared to the rest of the guys in my group, i'm not a dork at all. no offense against everquest players in general, but there are quite a few of those in my group and i just never understood how you could look at a monitor all day at work and then go home and play computer games until the wee hours of the morning. those guys are dorky computer guys.

I'll put it to you this way. A guy dressed in Polo Chinos, button up shirt tucked in, and a sprint ID standing next to a fireman is a dorky computer guy. this observation was courtesy of my fireman friend's wife. i guess my wife must like dorky computer guys.

bp

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Not at all I had my swim this am,,,and don't be jealous phobia I have seen your picture and your a babe also,,,:p

Iowanian 11-12-2004 10:01 AM

You got off easy. You should send him a thank you note.

You should use Internet boyfriend Hunters for what they are................

Stop looking for a new wife...........forcing things with get you dogknotted with another impending divorce.

Ask yourself something.........Why would a beautiful, intelligent, humorous woman, that is such a great catch 1.be single 2. need the internet to get dates?

I'll leave you with this advice.
Stick and Move. Stick and Move

Nzoner 11-12-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Come on guys,,,have you ever seen an ugly fireman,,must be a rule you have to be hot,,,

Personally,I've never noticed.I've always been leary of a man who when not fighting fires can be found polishing a pole.

angel 11-12-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

it all comes back to the man in uniform...

the uniform signifies that the man in the uniform has gone through some sort of training. Firefighters have to be strong and brave-- this is attractive. Men in uniform usually have a skill of some sort... good with their hands... etc.

Jenson17 11-12-2004 10:30 AM

I love women. I like fire fighters.

Maybe I should marry a woman fire fighter.

Iowanian 11-12-2004 11:00 AM

Quote:

the uniform signifies that the man in the uniform has gone through some sort of training. Firefighters have to be strong and brave-- this is attractive. Men in uniform usually have a skill of some sort... good with their hands... etc.

Plumbers often wear a uniform, and often dig into Women's piping system too..............and the Guy that makes fries at every Fast Food Joint..........or Changes the Oil in your car..............or in cell block C.

teedubya 11-12-2004 11:08 AM

after 4 months of emails... she disses you hard... either you are an ugly fuck, or just a dude with bad luck.

either way though... you lose... sorry about it though...

I bet now, if your house catches on fire, you will even think twice about calling the fire dept.

Donger 11-12-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

What strange creatures you are.

Jenny Gump 11-12-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Amen sistah.

PastorMikH 11-12-2004 11:54 AM

I'm not so sure about this Fireman attraction thing. I was a Firefighter for 4 1/2 years and I can honestly say I did not notice any difference in the number of times I had to tell ladies that I was a happily married man and am not interested in them as a firefighter as opposed to when I was not one.

PastorMikH 11-12-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson17
I love women. I like fire fighters.

Maybe I should marry a woman fire fighter.

Women Firefighters on TV and in the movies are usually a far contrast to what they look like in reality.

Iowanian 11-12-2004 12:41 PM

Interestingly enough..........the UPS guy brought a package right before I left for lunch.

Brown Uniform and all...........He looked Like Rick Moranis.

Ghostof 11-12-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Interestingly enough..........the UPS guy brought a package right before I left for lunch.

Brown Uniform and all...........He looked Like Rick Moranis.

Funny topic, but whats ironic is ricks name and how it relates to this topic

Moranis = more anus

KCWolfman 11-12-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
I'm not so sure about this Fireman attraction thing. I was a Firefighter for 4 1/2 years and I can honestly say I did not notice any difference in the number of times I had to tell ladies that I was a happily married man and am not interested in them as a firefighter as opposed to when I was not one.

Bathing could have been the issue.

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

are you a dorky computer guy??

are you reeruned??

-EB-

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

ROFL

that's repworthy

-EB-

Ebolapox 11-12-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Not at all I had my swim this am,,,and don't be jealous phobia I have seen your picture and your a babe also,,,:p

did sky change her username AGAIN?!?

damn, girl

-EB-

PastorMikH 11-12-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Bathing could have been the issue.

I guess I could try not taking baths then. Though I fear that then not even the Mrs would want to be around me. Thanks for the suggestion there Russ!

Lzen 11-12-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

,,,I guess your growing on me.:rolleyes:

You know that you can get something at the pharmacy to cure that, don't you?

Lzen 11-12-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

The good ones swallow.

:shake: I'm bad, I know.

BIG_DADDY 11-12-2004 02:14 PM

He is probably hosing her down right now.

Rain Man 11-12-2004 02:18 PM

Quote:

All it means is that he wasn't bright enough to be a market researcher.

alanm 11-12-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Actually, compared to the rest of the guys in my group, i'm not a dork at all. no offense against everquest players in general, but there are quite a few of those in my group and i just never understood how you could look at a monitor all day at work and then go home and play computer games until the wee hours of the morning. those guys are dorky computer guys.

I'll put it to you this way. A guy dressed in Polo Chinos, button up shirt tucked in, and a sprint ID standing next to a fireman is a dorky computer guy. this observation was courtesy of my fireman friend's wife. i guess my wife must like dorky computer guys.

bp

Not to mention the dorky computer guys make more $$$$.:thumb:

alanm 11-12-2004 02:33 PM

Quote:

Women Firefighters on TV and in the movies are usually a far contrast to what they look like in reality.

It's been my experience that what few women firefighthers there are I've been around have the proverbial extra y chromosome and prefer the company of women. If you catch my drift. ROFL

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EBOLA
are you reeruned??

-EB-

Are You?

PastorMikH 11-12-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
It's been my experience that what few women firefighthers there are I've been around have the proverbial extra y chromosome and prefer the company of women. If you catch my drift. ROFL

We had one on our Dept that was a FemiNazi. She was straight and married, but didn't like the thought of having to have the help of a guy. She actually tried to stick me with sexual harrasement one time when she was struggling to put some heavy stuff back on the truck and I said, "Why don't you move over and let a man do that."

chris 11-12-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Doesn't eHarmony charge some ridiculous rate to be a member?

$20/month.

$20 will buy a lot of beer.

philfree 11-12-2004 06:25 PM

So you got a date of the net and then took her and her kid to meet a bunch of stud fire fighters? :hmmm: Not smart IMO. Think man!

PhilFree :arrow:

alanm 11-12-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
So you got a date of the net and then took her and her kid to meet a bunch of stud fire fighters? :hmmm: Not smart IMO. Think man!

PhilFree :arrow:

His date was a playah. He's better off.:thumb:

Skip Towne 11-12-2004 09:27 PM

Quote:

We had one on our Dept that was a FemiNazi. She was straight and married, but didn't like the thought of having to have the help of a guy. She actually tried to stick me with sexual harrasement one time when she was struggling to put some heavy stuff back on the truck and I said, "Why don't you move over and let a man do that."

Now that is rep for damned sure.

Skip Towne 11-12-2004 09:33 PM

Next to cops, firemen are the laziest people on earth. They work 48 on and 24 off. When they are "on" they play cards all day. Until the captain tells them to wash the firetrucks for the fourth time in three days.

KCHawg 11-12-2004 09:34 PM

Hey Angel! I have a uniform!

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 09:34 PM

No fires in your town??

JimNasium 11-12-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
All it means is that he wasn't bright enough to be a market researcher.

Or a public health professional. Hmmm, perhaps I am eligible for some type of uniform.... :hmmm:

http://profiles.nlm.nih.gov/NN/B/C/Z/X/_/nnbczx.jpg

Phobia 11-12-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

No fires in your town??

There's a fire in my pants at the moment. Are you busy?

Phobia 11-12-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
Or a public health professional. Hmmm, perhaps I am eligible for some type of uniform.... :hmmm:

Holy crap. When did the Amish begin wearing uniforms?

JimNasium 11-12-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Holy crap. When did the Amish begin wearing uniforms?

Quit making fun of Kevin's dad you meanie.

Skip Towne 11-12-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium

Well, an orange jumpsuit would probably fit any of you gubment employees. You're all thieves.

chiefs4me 11-12-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

There's a fire in my pants at the moment. Are you busy?

umh,,,,,,no

KcMizzou 11-12-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

umh,,,,,,no

Sweet. Nuthin' to it but to do it, Phob.

PastorMikH 11-12-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Now that is rep for sure.

Actually, me and her dad had been on the same bowling team for a year or better and I was actually just joking around with her. I pretty much left her alone after that and just sat back with the rest of the guys laughing at her when she'd struggle with something.

Skip Towne 11-12-2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

Actually, me and her dad had been on the same bowling team for a year or better and I was actually just joking around with her. I pretty much left her alone after that and just sat back with the rest of the guys laughing at her when she'd struggle with something.

OK, I enjoyed it a lot anyhow. Just stand the average woman up next to the average man and the difference is obvious. Those feminazis that want equality don't seem to notice the difference. I really enjoy what they have that we don't but they don't seem to return the favor.

KcMizzou 11-12-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Next to cops, firemen are the laziest people on earth. They work 48 on and 24 off.

Wait... I work 36 hours a week... in 3 days time.
:hmmm:

PastorMikH 11-12-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

OK, I enjoyed it a lot anyhow. Just stand the average woman up next to the average man and the difference is obvious. Those feminazis that want equality don't seem to notice the difference. I really enjoy what they have that we don't but they don't seem to return the favor.

They want equality until it's time to take the trash out.

You heard about Rush Limbaugh in an elevator and Hilary Clinton got on didn't you? She hit the stop button, turned to Rush, started taking her clothes off and told him she wanted him to make her a real woman. So, he takes off all his clothes, bends over, picks both his and her clothes up, hands them to her and says "Here, Fold These."

go bo 11-12-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

You heard about Rush Limbaugh in an elevator and Hilary Clinton got on didn't you? She hit the stop button, turned to Rush, started taking her clothes off and told him she wanted him to make her a real woman. So, he takes off all his clothes, bends over, picks both his and her clothes up, hands them to her and says "Here, Fold These."

ROFL ROFL ROFL

i hadn't heard that, it's hilarious!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

KcMizzou 11-12-2004 11:14 PM

Quote:

ROFL That is pretty good.

alanm 11-13-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Next to cops, firemen are the laziest people on earth. They work 48 on and 24 off. When they are "on" they play cards all day. Until the captain tells them to wash the firetrucks for the fourth time in three days.

Let's not forget Skip that when they actually have to respond to a call Firefighters entering to fight a burning building or to rescue someone inside a burning building jumps right to the top of the list as one of the most hazardous jobs to ones life there is. In fact they have a much higher casuality rate for injuries and death than Law enforcement personel. Can't speak for Cops since I wasn't one. But I was in Law enforcement on the federal level. I suppose if you consider riding around in a cruiser all day being lazy you could look at it from that angle. But when you approach a vehicle you stopped or respond to a call you best have your wits about you. Or it could cost you your life. So I'll cut these guys some slack.

KcMizzou 11-13-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm
I suppose if you consider riding around in a cruiser all day being lazy you could look at it from that angle. But when you approach a vehicle you stopped or respond to a call you best have your wits about you. Or it could cost you your life.

I have a really close friend who's a cop. (weird, aint it?) He describes his career like this...

"It's generally 8 hours of boredom, but now and then you have a few minutes of sheer terror... and that's when you have to remember how to do your job.."