ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid brings change in offensive philosophy to KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268773)

HemiEd 01-11-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9306235)
This.

At the very least....he'll have a much better redzone offense.

That is pretty far out on the limb! ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9306237)
I wonder if Baldwin has gained weight?

sometimes WR either get fat or bulk up too much and lose their burst.

Baldwin's feet look slow as shit

You mean there might be more to it than "just playing good football?"

Buehler445 01-11-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9306475)
If I'm choosing between Matt Schaub and Tom Brady I'm taking Tom Brady.

Is that who were picking between or is it really between Flynn and another QB in the draft?

I hear what you're saying, just don't agree.

What DJ is saying is DRAFT GENO

Then.....

Blow a 4th on Flynn.

Jamie 01-11-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9305939)
Andy Reid expected to employ West Coast offense with Chiefs

By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star
Published: Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 - 12:00 am

The Chiefs' hiring of new head coach Andy Reid, who is expected to bring his West Coast offense from Philadelphia to Kansas City, conjures memories of the mid-to-late 1990s at Arrowhead Stadium.

That's when coach Marty Schottenheimer and general manager Carl Peterson, frustrated by falling short in the playoffs, ditched their smash-mouth offense in 1993, brought in offensive coordinator Paul Hackett, acquired Joe Montana, signed Marcus Allen, drafted Tony Gonzalez and implemented the West Coast offense made famous by Bill Walsh with the San Francisco 49ers.

I didn't know we drafted Tony Gonzalez when he was 17.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306495)
This.

Geno is your Brady, now you gotta find your experienced Mark Brunnel type guy who can keep the ship on course for small amounts of time.

And in Flynn you're actually getting one with a little upside thrown in.

It's essentially the aggressively pro-upside way to deal with the backup QB position. A younger veteran with upside and skills, not to mention a little bit of good tape.

If he's your answer to the starting QB role, it's a chickenshit move. But if he's an acquisition in addition to your high-value QBOTF and a potentially top-shelf fallback, I think that's just smart football.

O.city 01-11-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306543)

It's essentially the aggressively pro-upside way to deal with the backup QB position. A younger veteran with upside and skills, not to mention a little bit of good tape.

If he's your answer to the starting QB role, it's a chickenshit move. But if he's an acquisition in addition to your high-value QBOTF and a potentially top-shelf fallback, I think that's just smart football.

Yep.

People wanna look and point at the Skins this year with Cousins and RGIII, but thats really not the way to go IMO.

Although now they are looking pretty good with RGIII going down I guess.

WhiteWhale 01-11-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9306184)
Bowe and Charles are perfect players for a WCO. Besides, Reid's WCO isn't Gruden's. It has more of a vertical element to it, not just dink and dunk down the field.

It all depends on who the QB is.

For most of Reid's career he had 2 QB's who had below average to bad accuracy on short routes. He really had little choice. Vick and McNabb aren't precision passers and you're not going to be successful if you ask them to be.

I have little doubt that Reid will run an offense best suited to the particular talent he puts at QB.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306551)
Yep.

People wanna look and point at the Skins this year with Cousins and RGIII, but thats really not the way to go IMO.

Although now they are looking pretty good with RGIII going down I guess.

I think Flynn is better than Cousins...

{runs away again}

O.city 01-11-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306557)

I think Flynn is better than Cousins...

{runs away again}

Yeah, he is.

I'll probably have to run with you on this, but the whole Josh Freeman thing had me pretty intrigued.

Easy 6 01-11-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

I'm not seeing anything at all to disagree with here, common sense move to have a vet (even better if its a youngish vet) onboard in case "the kid" falters or gets hurt.

Groves 01-11-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9306503)
What DJ is saying is DRAFT GENO

Then.....

Blow a 4th on Flynn.

Yes of course, but he was likening Flynn to Schaub and then using Schaub as a comparison to the draft picks.

I was just making apples to apples.

With Flynn or a QB, I'd take a QB.

Overall, I'm just going to trust our front office. It's an exciting time to be a chiefs fan and I'm loving it.

crazycoffey 01-11-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

I agree. Gotta be worth it, value wise. But I do not want all my hopes pinned to one vet or one rookie, bring in a legit competition. Geno or Wilson, a Flynn or or freeman and a project or two.

Chiefaholic 01-11-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9306453)
Lets make it really simple.

We would not be ok with that because one of those choices (rhymes with "rat grin") has a known and not super high ceiling, while the other (draft pick) has what we call a "possibly Tom Brady" ceiling.

We've spent our years playing it safe, and now we're going to do something else.

ROFL I'm not disagreeing with your OPINION, but the guy that makes that decision (rhymes with Candy Lead) has a history of finding QB's with a "super high ceiling". While the others (rhymes with Farmchair Porterback) have what we call "post season stress disorder".

I respect your opinion and agree with the majority of it. I just find it hilarious reading some people's responses as if they actually play a legitimate role in personnel decisions. Clark proved many people here wrong again by going out and getting the best possible head coach available on the market. To prove to everybody he's not "a cheap soccer fan who doesn't care about the Chiefs", he went out and talked to multiple advisers on who and what to look for. Then gave the man a huge contract with control of who and what he wants to build a successful franchise.

Groves 01-11-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9306915)
ROFL I'm not disagreeing with your OPINION, but the guy that makes that decision (rhymes with Candy Lead) has a history of finding QB's with a "super high ceiling". While the others (rhymes with Farmchair Porterback) have what we call "post season stress disorder".

I respect your opinion and agree with the majority of it. I just find it hilarious reading some people's responses as if they actually play a legitimate role in personnel decisions. Clark proved many people here wrong again by going out and getting the best possible head coach available on the market. To prove to everybody he's not "a cheap soccer fan who doesn't care about the Chiefs", he went out and talked to multiple advisers on who and what to look for. Then gave the man a huge contract with control of who and what he wants to build a successful franchise.

You Speak Truth.

I trust Andy.

It's amazing, because I barely know any facts about the guy much less know the guy himself, and yet because of him I not only trust every coach he's brought in, but also the GM that he's not even in charge of bringing in.

Full support. Feels good. May this honeymoon last forever.

MeatRock 01-11-2013 08:07 PM

I would give a 4th for Flynn but nothing higher than that.

Chiefaholic 01-11-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9306968)
I would give a 4th for Flynn but nothing higher than that.

Sounds about right. Given our draft position, the top pick of the 5th might be an option as well.