ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Last Year At This Time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269314)

Chiefnj2 01-25-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9351110)
Dysert is really underrated IMO; that guy had absolutely NOTHING to play with yet he still did fairly well. He was breaking Ruthlessrapers records at Miami at Ohio with possibly the worst supporting cast in the nation.

I had read he had 4 different QB coaches and OC's in college, so one would expect him to not be polished etc. I was impressed with how he played against Ohio. His stats sucked, but if you watch the game you'll see at least (no exaggeration) 10 dropped balls, some of which were nice downfield throws. I was hoping to see more out of him this week, but he honestly didn't look very good.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9351385)
I had read he had 4 different QB coaches and OC's in college, so one would expect him to not be polished etc. I was impressed with how he played against Ohio. His stats sucked, but if you watch the game you'll see at least (no exaggeration) 10 dropped balls, some of which were nice downfield throws. I was hoping to see more out of him this week, but he honestly didn't look very good.

The Senior Bowl is tough on QBs and offensive linemen. They depend on reps and cohesion.

The defense always has a leg up.

Nightfyre 01-25-2013 09:28 PM

I don't know why QBs even go to the Senior Bowl. It's a trap. Every year. I can't think of a QB who improved his draft stock substantially at the senior bowl. Only hurt it.

Sorter 01-26-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9351655)
I don't know why QBs even go to the Senior Bowl. It's a trap. Every year. I can't think of a QB who improved his draft stock substantially at the senior bowl. Only hurt it.

Rivers but he was pretty highly regarded anyways IIRC

Chiefnj2 01-26-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9351655)

Last year Weeden and Wilson.

Nightfyre 01-26-2013 02:07 PM

Puhlease. Weeden and Wilson both had ample tape to justify where they went.

Chiefnj2 01-26-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9352882)
Puhlease. Weeden and Wilson both had ample tape to justify where they went.

They played well all week. They didn't hurt their stock and most likely improved it.

htismaqe 01-26-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9353691)
They played well all week. They didn't hurt their stock and most likely improved it.

Wilson absolutely did.