ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request So some prayers/good thoughts would be appreciated (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271680)

J Diddy 04-02-2013 01:07 AM

So some prayers/good thoughts would be appreciated

As I mentioned briefly in the Easter thread, I had an angioplasty and another test procedure done on my heart today. The good news is that I have no obstructions, the bad news is I have a congenital heart defect and a bad valve. Tomorrow I'm meeting with a cardiac surgeon to determine the best course of action.

I'm pretty much scared out of my mind.

mikey23545 04-02-2013 01:17 AM

I know it's useless for me to tell you how commonplace heart surgery is these days, and to not be overly stressed out even if your cardiac surgeon recommends a valve replacement.

But at least I've got experience to back up these comforting platitudes. I've had a few procedures myself, and been through a couple of heart attacks and a stroke. Got a pacemaker/defibrillator ticking away in my chest, and enough hardware in my cardiac arteries to build a stopwatch. I've had two different cardiac surgeons botch what should have been simple procedures (oops, maybe I should have left that part out LOL) and I'm still kickin'.

You will endure, bud...Hang in there!

J Diddy 04-02-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9548431)
I know it's useless for me to tell you how commonplace heart surgery is these days, and to not be overly stressed out even if your cardiac surgeon recommends a valve replacement.

But at least I've got experience to back up these comforting platitudes. I've had a few procedures myself, and been through a couple of heart attacks and a stroke. Got a pacemaker/defibrillator ticking away in my chest, and enough hardware in my cardiac arteries to build a stopwatch. I've had two different cardiac surgeons botch what should have been simple procedures (oops, maybe I should have left that part out LOL) and I'm still kickin'.

You will endure, bud...Hang in there!

Thanks man for sharing that. That helps a ton, knowing that you've been there.

mikey23545 04-02-2013 01:36 AM

And luckily it hasn't deprived me of my ability to post on Chiefsplanet at all!

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4696/articlet.jpg

mikey23545 04-02-2013 01:43 AM

Seriously though, Hope you're over the hump and feeling better soon, JDiddy!

CrazyPhuD 04-02-2013 01:56 AM

So now you really don't want us to draft Geno with the first pick!

Best of luck man, there's a reason why cancer is killing more people these days. It's not because cancer is more lethal than it used to be. It's that our treatment and diagnosis of things like heart disease has gotten so much better that it's way less of a concern than it used to be.

Yea it's scary and yes it's life way of reminding you what's really important in life, but it's not nearly the risk it used to be.

J Diddy 04-02-2013 02:07 AM

I appreciate it guys, however, I don't think anyone is going to convince me to a point of easiness about the thought of someone cutting me open and operating on my heart.

Ming the Merciless 04-02-2013 02:58 AM

Shit....I hate doctors....I especially hate hospitals.....

Real sorry to hear you have to go through this.....

But you do have the full power and force of the chirfsplanet praying and thinking good thoughts

Oh and you have me too.

The medical tech is amazing today....you're in good hands between the docs and CP

Chiefs=Champions 04-02-2013 03:45 AM

Prayers sent. Good luck dude

Fritz88 04-02-2013 04:14 AM

Good luck man, you will be okay buddy.

I know for a fact that your mental state affects how your body responds, so be relaxed and confident that you have the strength ( and you do ) to beat this problem and you will.
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd 04-02-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9548427)
As I mentioned briefly in the Easter thread, I had an angioplasty and another test procedure done on my heart today. The good news is that I have no obstructions, the bad news is I have a congenital heart defect and a bad valve. Tomorrow I'm meeting with a cardiac surgeon to determine the best course of action.

I'm pretty much scared out of my mind.

Wow, you are in my thoughts and prayers J Diddy. I am sure it will turn out well, as the medical profession in this field has accomplished amazing things.

It has been 5 1/2 years now since I got my 4 stents and it changed my life for the better, I am much healthier now. The valve thing is more invasive, but I just had friend get a new one that is almost 70, and he did fine. You are much younger and stronger so you have an advantage.

All the best to you!

King_Chief_Fan 04-02-2013 05:55 AM

Praying you have a positive recovery.

Mother****erJones 04-02-2013 05:58 AM

Good luck man my dad just had a triple bypass in December is now all well and doing great. You will be fine

blaise 04-02-2013 06:08 AM

Sorry to hear it. I hope you get some good news from the surgeon.

spanky 52 04-02-2013 06:09 AM

Praying everything goes well concerning your heart. I mean that.