ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who is/was more hated, Elvis Grbac or Matt Cassel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268860)

DrunkBassGuitar 01-13-2013 10:40 PM

kessel was terrible and I hate him I don't care how nice of a guy he was. there reaches a point where you have to admit you suck at your job. a doctor that keeps misdiagnosing shit still has to stop being a doctor despite liking puppies. kessel should have quit a long time ago. and also **** the GM who cannot be named. i hope he gets raped to death by the ghost of kessel's career.

cdcox 01-13-2013 10:43 PM

I hated Grbac for a couple years after he stabbed us in the back by leaving town just at the time he looked like he was coming around. The guy had some talent, just no guts. Seeing him crying on the Ravens sideline took some of the sting from my hate, and time has removed the rest.

Cassel should have never been brought to KC. He was here through no fault of his own. He was doing the best he could, and I can't blame him for that. He was by far the worse QB of the two.

morphius 01-13-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9316239)
I don't hate Hitler, it is just disappointing he murdered millions of innocent people.

This is what you sound like.

The difference is that Hitler was a mass murdering ****hole. The other two are QB's that I was disappointed that we picked up, disappointed in the way they played, and upset that they had to do it on the team I love for as long as they did. Everything out there says that Cassel worked hard, and was a great in practice, but he just sucked and our GM failed to see it as soon as everyone else. Grbac just wasn't a leader, didn't have it in him, which made everything else he did worse. What can I say, I'm over both of them 'cause it wasn't like I loved either of them to begin with.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 10:47 PM

In the end Grbac brought me some small amount of joy over three seasons (1997, 1999 and 2000, good years for him, comparatively speaking).

I got about 6 games of joy out of Cassel.

**** Matt Cassel.

Thig Lyfe 01-13-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9316277)
Every time I think stupidity has reached it's lowest possible level, some dumbass like you proves me wrong.

Are you implying that Matt Cassel is somehow not as bad as Hitler?

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:22 PM

Cassel isn't Hitler, merely Goebbels.

morphius 01-13-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9316404)
Are you implying that Matt Cassel is somehow not as bad as Hitler?

Cassel got rid of the guy that drafted Tyson Jackson

DaWolf 01-13-2013 11:35 PM

Cassel sucks, but the vitriol towards him is more due to the regime sticking with him and never trying to upgrade over him. He was never surrounded by a great team which he squandered, he just really wasn't very good.

Grbac should be the easy call here. He choked down the stretch in the '97 playoff loss. He was the guy who got in the way of us keeping Gannon around. He was the one who threw teammates under the bus when things didn't go well. He was the one who ditched this team after the team had been so loyal to him. He was the one who had little love for Chiefs fans. He was the one who, despite being surrounded by a superior team to what we have had the last four years, and despite being the superior talent to Cassel, still only won one division championship during his time (and you could argue Gannon won that down the stretch).

Grbac in a landslide...

Sorter 01-13-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9316416)

I think it was a team effort ROFL

Imon Yourside 01-13-2013 11:40 PM

I can forgive Grbac, he couldn't throw it and/or catch it. Cassel is just all Omaha and no bite.

Sorter 01-13-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9316443)
I can forgive Grbac, he couldn't throw it and/or catch it. Cassel is just all Omaha and no bite.

Well, with no more E/P offense, you can expect that word to be eliminated entirely.

rico 01-13-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9316136)
But couldn't that be an argument that you should hate Grbac more? Grbac had talent he just didnt give a shit. Cassel tried but is the worst person in the history of the world.

Oh I see, this is why it all makes sense.

http://www.gamesdash.com/limg/1/158/...-dont-know.jpg

FYP

Thig Lyfe 01-13-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9316416)

"Hitler had some good ideas"

el borracho 01-14-2013 01:05 AM

I hate Matt Cassel much, much more. In fact, it isn't remotely close. Grbac at least had talent; Matt had nothing except an unearned, oversized contract.

Hammock Parties 01-14-2013 01:13 AM

I can think of exactly one moment where Matt Cassel made me sit up and go **** YEAH and it was his first game when he hit that TD bomb to Bowe. I thought maybe he was the guy when I saw that.

Then we lost that game (mostly because he sucked hardcore before that one great TD pass) and it was pretty much all downhill from there.

Oh yeah, there was the Titans game in 2010. That's it. One great pass in his first game and the proverbial definition of the sun hitting a dog's ass one year later.

****ing wastoid.