ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who is/was more hated, Elvis Grbac or Matt Cassel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268860)

htismaqe 01-14-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316785)
IIRC Grbacs was brilliant at times he could throw and catch the ball too! If he didn't have those worthless receivers. I also think the lack of Cuisine in KC affected his play.

That was Steve Bono.

2bikemike 01-14-2013 09:35 AM

It seems as though maybe I am missing the point. Are we talking hate as in ability or overall why you dislike someone.

I do think Grbac was better than Cassel as far as Quarterbacking goes. But Grabac was a major Douche as a person.

I think Cassel is an ok person he just can't play Quarterback.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316837)
That was Steve Bono.

That was Grbac. It was Bono, after throwing three interceptions and being benched in the biggest game of his career, that said, "I felt pretty good out there."

2bikemike 01-14-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316837)
That was Steve Bono.

Thats right I get that crap mixed up. We've suffered through so much heartache and dissapointment that I can't keep the details straight.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316844)
It seems as though maybe I am missing the point. Are we talking hate as in ability or overall why you dislike someone.

I do think Grbac was better than Cassel as far as Quarterbacking goes. But Grabac was a major Douche as a person.

I think Cassel is an ok person he just can't play Quarterback.

I disagree with that statement. If Cassel was an "ok person" he would actually accept responsibility for his shitty play. Cassel, not once in the four years he was here, had ever taken personal responsibility for his mistakes. It was always someone else's fault.

TEX 01-14-2013 09:43 AM

Shoot - Grbac should be hated more. That guy was a QUITTER who SUCKED. Cassel just SUCKS - there's really no quit in him.

Dayze 01-14-2013 09:46 AM

Cassel by far; at least he had some talent, but was an arrogant prick.

Cassel has zero starting QB talent.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316850)
Thats right I get that crap mixed up. We've suffered through so much heartache and dissapointment that I can't keep the details straight.

No, I am pretty sure you were right the first time. Grbac was the one that made the "I can't throw it and catch it too" comment.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9316864)
Shoot - Grbac should be hated more. That guy was a QUITTER who SUCKED. Cassel just SUCKS - there's really no quit in him.

Its 50/50. They both had their shitty moments.

suds79 01-14-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9316864)

For me my voting and thoughts on Chiefs is pretty simple.

1st - Can you play.

2nd - Then I look at if they're a "Good guy" or not.

Matt Cassel just flat out sucks. Grbac at least had some game. That's it for me.

Chief Roundup 01-14-2013 09:56 AM

Grbac had talent he was just so impersonable.
Cassel is very personable but has no talent.

2bikemike 01-14-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316855)
I disagree with that statement. If Cassel was an "ok person" he would actually accept responsibility for his shitty play. Cassel, not once in the four years he was here, had ever taken personal responsibility for his mistakes. It was always someone else's fault.

I can't recall any statements made by Cassel blaming anyone else. Not to say it didn't happen. But I seem to remember Grbac blaming others. Hence the "Throw it Catch it" statement. I also remember Grbac as being whiney. I don't if thats acurate or just bad memory.

memyselfI 01-14-2013 10:34 AM

Grbac. Youngsters here who were still sniveling rug rats don't remember the level of disdain on this and other BB boards aimed at Grbac. That was before Facebook or Twitter and other social media could whip up vitriol campaigns the way they are able to now.

If Grbac were in Cassel's shoes he would have been run out of town way before Cassel was. I think most people realize that Cassel was A problem and not THE problem as it seemed Grbac was. Matt has less talent but he's not the target of locker room smear campaigns the way Grbac was. In the end Grbac was run out of town by his teammates. Not his coach, GM, or the media and many fans that were very late to get on the Grbackup bandwagon.

So while it appears that Cassel is more hated, I think it was because it happened more quickly and intensely even though he has had more turmoil and change in his time here compared to Grbac, who had all of the pieces in place for him to succeed.

memyselfI 01-14-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9316871)
Cassel by far; at least he had some talent, but was an arrogant prick.

Cassel has zero starting QB talent.

? Am I the only one finding this inconsistent?

rabblerouser 01-14-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9316239)
I don't hate Hitler, it is just disappointing he murdered millions of innocent people.

This is what you sound like.

Why do you even post??

Reading what you post makes me feel shame for you.

Then I get pissed, because my parents obviously paid for your public education, and that money would have been better spent on...

anything else.