ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who is/was more hated, Elvis Grbac or Matt Cassel? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268860)

New World Order 01-13-2013 09:37 PM

Who is/was more hated, Elvis Grbac or Matt Cassel?

Vote and tell us why.

I personally hate Cassel more, with Grbac atleast we had exciting games.

Thig Lyfe 01-13-2013 09:37 PM

Is Matt Cassel the worst person in history?

Yes.

headsnap 01-13-2013 09:38 PM

Matt Cassel because the poll isn't up yet....

kcxiv 01-13-2013 09:38 PM

Matt Cassel easy! Grbac had talent, he was just stupid. lol Matt has ughh, he's fairly tough? I cant think of anything he does good.

MoreLemonPledge 01-13-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9316131)
Matt Cassel easy! Grbac had talent, he was just stupid. lol Matt has ughh, he's fairly tough? I cant think of anything he does good.

He can grow a great fu manchu.

teedubya 01-13-2013 09:41 PM

I have no hate left for Grbac... that was more of an oversight by Schottenheimer to keep him instead of Gannon.

Now, Cassel is a good guy, but he REALLY sucked as a QB... and he is tied with Pioli, whom I have fiery inferno burning hate.

Demonpenz 01-13-2013 09:42 PM

Grbac seems like a rich prick
Cassel seems like a rich reerun.

New World Order 01-13-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9316131)

But couldn't that be an argument that you should hate Grbac more? Grbac had talent he just didnt give a shit. Cassel tried but is the worst player in NFL history.

This is why it's all so confusing.

http://www.gamesdash.com/limg/1/158/...-dont-know.jpg

FloridaMan88 01-13-2013 09:42 PM

No Steve Bono option?

headsnap 01-13-2013 09:43 PM

I always love this...

seems Marty wasn't the only one to get this wrong...

http://www.jeffpearlman.com/elic-grbac-not-so-sexy/

kcxiv 01-13-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9316136)
But couldn't that be an argument that you should hate Grbac more? Grbac had talent he just didnt give a shit. Cassel tried but is the worst player in NFL history.

hmm... naw, Cassel stuck around far to long, Dude never took responsibility for anything.

GloryDayz 01-13-2013 09:43 PM

I hate Brady and manning more... Both our guys have bad genes and never had a chance.. JFC, they walk into walls!!! So thye are bad players, VERY bad, but I hate the other two dipshits more because they whine when they don't get their way!

Jamie 01-13-2013 09:52 PM

Grbac. His failure is his own fault, whereas Cassel basically maximized his extremely limited talent. I put that on Pioli for continuing to put Cassel out there.

TimeForWasp 01-13-2013 09:54 PM

Which one was cuter?

Al Bundy 01-13-2013 09:55 PM

Steve Bono was a dipshit, and hell Grbac wore that stupid Indians hat during every locker room interview.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 09:56 PM

Grbac never got a huge contract.

Goldmember 01-13-2013 09:56 PM

I don't hate Cassel. I hate Pioli for bringing him here. Hell, I'd go shovel shit in China for $63M. Grbac, on the other hand, was a tool and forced Marty to choose between him and Gannon.

New World Order 01-13-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 9316182)
Which one was cuter?

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/...sexy_elvis.jpg

jAZ 01-13-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9316199)

http://deadspin.com/5302475/the-sad-...-athlete-alive

One of my favorite all-time stories is about Elvis Grbac (left), Rich Gannon (right) and People Magazine's Sexiest Men issue from 1998. It is both outlandish and 100-percent true.

Back in the day I knew many People staffers, and they were all cool, fun, intelligent-and woefully ignorant about sports. Every year, in planning the Sexiest Men issue, People's editors would ask a bunch of us at Sports Illustrated for suggestions and insight. In 1998, for a reason I'll never understand, they decided not to seek out help.

The magazine chose Rich Gannon as its Sexiest Athlete. At the time, Gannon was a member of the Kansas City Chiefs. Still a couple of seasons removed from his golden tenure with the Raiders, Gannon was 33, handsome and likable. In other words, a solid choice. Yet People, being People, simply informed the photographer assigned to the piece that the Sexiest Athlete was the Chiefs' quarterback. Hence, he took pictures of the Chiefs' quarterback. Well, one of the Chiefs' quarterbacks: Elvis Grbac.

Yup.

The pictures made their way back to the New York offices, and editors were dumbfounded. This was their Sexiest Athlete? Yet upon learning the truth, no one with the magazine had the heart (guts?) to tell Grbac that an unfathomable mistake had been made. As a result, Elvis Grbac reigns as People's 1998 Sexiest Athlete.

The article's final line says it all: "His personality makes him sexy."

Amen.

Psyko Tek 01-13-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9316193)
I don't hate Cassel. I hate ***** for bringing him here. Hell, I'd go shovel shit in China for $63M. Grbac, on the other hand, was a tool and forced Marty to choose between him and Gannon.

marty ****ed us hard on grbac, then we were a good team

none of this is the players fault it's the coaches and GM's that chose them

morphius 01-13-2013 10:15 PM

I don't hate either of them, it is just disappointing that Carl had to rely on the SF scouts for QB's and Pioli couldn't be bothered to actually bring in some real competition to take out Cassel.

Thig Lyfe 01-13-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9316233)
I don't hate either of them, it is just disappointing that Carl had to rely on the SF scouts for QB's and ***** couldn't be bothered to actually bring in some real competition to take out Cassel.

I don't hate Hitler, it is just disappointing he murdered millions of innocent people.

This is what you sound like.

milkman 01-13-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9316239)
I don't hate Hitler, it is just disappointing he murdered millions of innocent people.

Every time I think stupidity has reached it's lowest possible level, some dumbass like you proves me wrong.

milkman 01-13-2013 10:30 PM

As for the poll, I hate everybody equally.

crazycoffey 01-13-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9316277)
Every time I think stupidity has reached it's lowest possible level, some dumbass like you proves me wrong.

Talking to the mirror again?

Chiefs Pantalones 01-13-2013 10:33 PM

At least Grbac had talent but no heart or brains. Cassel had no talent, and the more I got a feel for him he was just as egotistical as Pioli.

Munson 01-13-2013 10:34 PM

Cassel. And it isn't even close.

DaneMcCloud 01-13-2013 10:36 PM

Grbac was a talented dickface.

Cassel was a lottery winner.

Grbac for the win.

milkman 01-13-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9316293)
Talking to the mirror again?

Oooh........so clever.

RealSNR 01-13-2013 10:37 PM

ENOUGH WITH THE "MATT CASSEL IS A SMART NICE GUY" BULLSHIT.

MATT CASSEL IS/WAS AN ASSHOLE.

Next person who says, "I like Matt Cassel the man, but I hate Matt Cassel the player" gets negative raped.

DrunkBassGuitar 01-13-2013 10:40 PM

kessel was terrible and I hate him I don't care how nice of a guy he was. there reaches a point where you have to admit you suck at your job. a doctor that keeps misdiagnosing shit still has to stop being a doctor despite liking puppies. kessel should have quit a long time ago. and also **** the GM who cannot be named. i hope he gets raped to death by the ghost of kessel's career.

cdcox 01-13-2013 10:43 PM

I hated Grbac for a couple years after he stabbed us in the back by leaving town just at the time he looked like he was coming around. The guy had some talent, just no guts. Seeing him crying on the Ravens sideline took some of the sting from my hate, and time has removed the rest.

Cassel should have never been brought to KC. He was here through no fault of his own. He was doing the best he could, and I can't blame him for that. He was by far the worse QB of the two.

morphius 01-13-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

The difference is that Hitler was a mass murdering ****hole. The other two are QB's that I was disappointed that we picked up, disappointed in the way they played, and upset that they had to do it on the team I love for as long as they did. Everything out there says that Cassel worked hard, and was a great in practice, but he just sucked and our GM failed to see it as soon as everyone else. Grbac just wasn't a leader, didn't have it in him, which made everything else he did worse. What can I say, I'm over both of them 'cause it wasn't like I loved either of them to begin with.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 10:47 PM

In the end Grbac brought me some small amount of joy over three seasons (1997, 1999 and 2000, good years for him, comparatively speaking).

I got about 6 games of joy out of Cassel.

**** Matt Cassel.

Thig Lyfe 01-13-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9316277)

Are you implying that Matt Cassel is somehow not as bad as Hitler?

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:22 PM

Cassel isn't Hitler, merely Goebbels.

morphius 01-13-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9316404)
Are you implying that Matt Cassel is somehow not as bad as Hitler?

Cassel got rid of the guy that drafted Tyson Jackson

DaWolf 01-13-2013 11:35 PM

Cassel sucks, but the vitriol towards him is more due to the regime sticking with him and never trying to upgrade over him. He was never surrounded by a great team which he squandered, he just really wasn't very good.

Grbac should be the easy call here. He choked down the stretch in the '97 playoff loss. He was the guy who got in the way of us keeping Gannon around. He was the one who threw teammates under the bus when things didn't go well. He was the one who ditched this team after the team had been so loyal to him. He was the one who had little love for Chiefs fans. He was the one who, despite being surrounded by a superior team to what we have had the last four years, and despite being the superior talent to Cassel, still only won one division championship during his time (and you could argue Gannon won that down the stretch).

Grbac in a landslide...

Sorter 01-13-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9316416)

I think it was a team effort ROFL

Imon Yourside 01-13-2013 11:40 PM

I can forgive Grbac, he couldn't throw it and/or catch it. Cassel is just all Omaha and no bite.

Sorter 01-13-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9316443)
I can forgive Grbac, he couldn't throw it and/or catch it. Cassel is just all Omaha and no bite.

Well, with no more E/P offense, you can expect that word to be eliminated entirely.

rico 01-13-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

But couldn't that be an argument that you should hate Grbac more? Grbac had talent he just didnt give a shit. Cassel tried but is the worst person in the history of the world.

Oh I see, this is why it all makes sense.

FYP

Thig Lyfe 01-13-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9316416)

"Hitler had some good ideas"

el borracho 01-14-2013 01:05 AM

I hate Matt Cassel much, much more. In fact, it isn't remotely close. Grbac at least had talent; Matt had nothing except an unearned, oversized contract.

Hammock Parties 01-14-2013 01:13 AM

I can think of exactly one moment where Matt Cassel made me sit up and go **** YEAH and it was his first game when he hit that TD bomb to Bowe. I thought maybe he was the guy when I saw that.

Then we lost that game (mostly because he sucked hardcore before that one great TD pass) and it was pretty much all downhill from there.

Oh yeah, there was the Titans game in 2010. That's it. One great pass in his first game and the proverbial definition of the sun hitting a dog's ass one year later.

****ing wastoid.

New World Order 01-14-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9316545)
I can think of exactly one moment where Matt Cassel made me sit up and go **** YEAH and it was his first game when he hit that TD bomb to Bowe. I thought maybe he was the guy when I saw that.

Then we lost that game (mostly because he sucked hardcore before that one great TD pass) and it was pretty much all downhill from there.

Oh yeah, there was the Titans game in 2010. That's it. One great pass in his first game and the proverbial definition of the sun hitting a dog's ass one year later.

****ing wastoid.

I sat there in disbelief while watching the first half of the Atlanta game. After playing unbelievably well in the first half he came crashing back down to earth in the second, with his dink and dunk flat passes and interceptions. I hate to say I was happy after that game. Happy that he had such a shitty second half, the only way it could of gone better in that second half is if a 747 happened to crash inside arrowhead, causing Cassel to take a direct hit.

Dunerdr 01-14-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

This

|Zach| 01-14-2013 03:08 AM

One of these things is not like the other.

TLO 01-14-2013 03:15 AM

Cassel
Zach
Grbac

Ultra Peanut 01-14-2013 04:06 AM

Sorry, no. Cassel is a hapless fool and Grbac was a smug ****up. I've never hated a player like I hated Grbac.

Unsmooth-Moment 01-14-2013 04:19 AM

Cassel's suck is more fresh in the mind.

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 05:24 AM

I hate Cassel more.....because whether or not how big of a douche Grbac was....he was 10x the QB Cassel is....and that's all I care about.

I don't care about whether or not a pro athlete is a dickhead...I have zero relations with these people...they're here to make money and they do that by performing well.

Cassel came in and virtually stole millions from the Hunt family and was the boy wonder of an incredibly arrogant and dickheadish GM. More importantly it was never Cassel's fault...just ask him. He never took blame for his shitty play. That's what pissed me off the most.

spanky 52 01-14-2013 05:35 AM

I hate Cassel more. Four years of my life with this asshole are gpne. Nothing to show for it but depression and anger.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2013 07:52 AM

Id say Cassel was more hated by far. But mainly because the overall team and organization was in worse shape than Grbac's years 97-2000. At least we were competitive for most of Grbacs time.

2bikemike 01-14-2013 08:49 AM

I couldn't answer. The team is way more in shambles now but as QB's go Grbac was a major douche with no talent and Cassel just has even less talent.

Well after typing that out I have to say Grbac is my answer. Cassel was just a product of Pioli and those who were supposed to help him. He really had no choice but to go out and do is best, unfortunately is best was pretty bad.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316746)
Grbac was a major douche with no talent and Cassel just has even less talent.

I used to think that, but after seeing Cassel play 4 seasons, he made Grbacs play look brilliant.

2bikemike 01-14-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9316773)
I used to think that, but after seeing Cassel play 4 seasons, he made Grbacs play look brilliant.

IIRC Grbacs was brilliant at times he could throw and catch the ball too! If he didn't have those worthless receivers. I also think the lack of Cuisine in KC affected his play.

HemiEd 01-14-2013 09:10 AM

Cassel, it is not even close.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:21 AM

Hmmm... Elvis "I can't throw and catch it too" Grbac or Matt "I graded out perfectly" Cassel? That's like asking, "AIDS or cancer?"

Easy 6 01-14-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9316329)
In the end Grbac brought me some small amount of joy over three seasons (1997, 1999 and 2000, good years for him, comparatively speaking).

I got about 6 games of joy out of Cassel.

**** Matt Cassel.

This, atleast grbac had a nice chemistry with rison and didnt crumble like a dried up dog turd in the face of pressure.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316785)
IIRC Grbacs was brilliant at times he could throw and catch the ball too! If he didn't have those worthless receivers. I also think the lack of Cuisine in KC affected his play.

That was Steve Bono.

2bikemike 01-14-2013 09:35 AM

It seems as though maybe I am missing the point. Are we talking hate as in ability or overall why you dislike someone.

I do think Grbac was better than Cassel as far as Quarterbacking goes. But Grabac was a major Douche as a person.

I think Cassel is an ok person he just can't play Quarterback.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316837)
That was Steve Bono.

That was Grbac. It was Bono, after throwing three interceptions and being benched in the biggest game of his career, that said, "I felt pretty good out there."

2bikemike 01-14-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316837)
That was Steve Bono.

Thats right I get that crap mixed up. We've suffered through so much heartache and dissapointment that I can't keep the details straight.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316844)
It seems as though maybe I am missing the point. Are we talking hate as in ability or overall why you dislike someone.

I do think Grbac was better than Cassel as far as Quarterbacking goes. But Grabac was a major Douche as a person.

I disagree with that statement. If Cassel was an "ok person" he would actually accept responsibility for his shitty play. Cassel, not once in the four years he was here, had ever taken personal responsibility for his mistakes. It was always someone else's fault.

TEX 01-14-2013 09:43 AM

Shoot - Grbac should be hated more. That guy was a QUITTER who SUCKED. Cassel just SUCKS - there's really no quit in him.

Dayze 01-14-2013 09:46 AM

Cassel by far; at least he had some talent, but was an arrogant prick.

Cassel has zero starting QB talent.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316850)
Thats right I get that crap mixed up. We've suffered through so much heartache and dissapointment that I can't keep the details straight.

No, I am pretty sure you were right the first time. Grbac was the one that made the "I can't throw it and catch it too" comment.

Crush 01-14-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9316864)
Shoot - Grbac should be hated more. That guy was a QUITTER who SUCKED. Cassel just SUCKS - there's really no quit in him.

Its 50/50. They both had their shitty moments.

suds79 01-14-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9316864)

For me my voting and thoughts on Chiefs is pretty simple.

1st - Can you play.

2nd - Then I look at if they're a "Good guy" or not.

Matt Cassel just flat out sucks. Grbac at least had some game. That's it for me.

Chief Roundup 01-14-2013 09:56 AM

Grbac had talent he was just so impersonable.
Cassel is very personable but has no talent.

2bikemike 01-14-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316855)
I disagree with that statement. If Cassel was an "ok person" he would actually accept responsibility for his shitty play. Cassel, not once in the four years he was here, had ever taken personal responsibility for his mistakes. It was always someone else's fault.

I can't recall any statements made by Cassel blaming anyone else. Not to say it didn't happen. But I seem to remember Grbac blaming others. Hence the "Throw it Catch it" statement. I also remember Grbac as being whiney. I don't if thats acurate or just bad memory.

memyselfI 01-14-2013 10:34 AM

Grbac. Youngsters here who were still sniveling rug rats don't remember the level of disdain on this and other BB boards aimed at Grbac. That was before Facebook or Twitter and other social media could whip up vitriol campaigns the way they are able to now.

If Grbac were in Cassel's shoes he would have been run out of town way before Cassel was. I think most people realize that Cassel was A problem and not THE problem as it seemed Grbac was. Matt has less talent but he's not the target of locker room smear campaigns the way Grbac was. In the end Grbac was run out of town by his teammates. Not his coach, GM, or the media and many fans that were very late to get on the Grbackup bandwagon.

So while it appears that Cassel is more hated, I think it was because it happened more quickly and intensely even though he has had more turmoil and change in his time here compared to Grbac, who had all of the pieces in place for him to succeed.

memyselfI 01-14-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9316871)
Cassel by far; at least he had some talent, but was an arrogant prick.

Cassel has zero starting QB talent.

? Am I the only one finding this inconsistent?

rabblerouser 01-14-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Why do you even post??

Reading what you post makes me feel shame for you.

Then I get pissed, because my parents obviously paid for your public education, and that money would have been better spent on...

anything else.

rabblerouser 01-14-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9316958)
Grbac. Youngsters here who were still sniveling rug rats don't remember the level of disdain on this and other BB boards aimed at Grbac. That was before Facebook or Twitter and other social media could whip up vitriol campaigns the way they are able to now.

If Grbac were in Cassel's shoes he would have been run out of town way before Cassel was. I think most people realize that Cassel was A problem and not THE problem as it seemed Grbac was. Matt has less talent but he's not the target of locker room smear campaigns the way Grbac was. In the end Grbac was run out of town by his teammates. Not his coach, GM, or the media and many fans that were very late to get on the Grbackup bandwagon.

So while it appears that Cassel is more hated, I think it was because it happened more quickly and intensely even though he has had more turmoil and change in his time here compared to Grbac, who had all of the pieces in place for him to succeed.

see, I just figured Vermeil came in and wanted 'his' guy at QB.

In fact, I remember Tony G publicly campaigning for Grbac to be retained by the new regime. I also remember Grbac throwing for like 4000 yards his last year here.

Wasn't it against Oakland that year that Grbac threw for like 500 yards and put up 31 pts...but they D gave up like 50 and we lost??

Most single game passing yards for a Chief, win or lose, I DO remember THAT.

Yeah, **** Matt Cassel.

Grbac>Cassel

The only way Cassel can throw for 500 yds is on Madden.

Rain Man 01-14-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9316844)

This is pretty much on target.

People didn't particularly want to dislike Cassel when he came here, but his on-field performance made it hard to do otherwise. Grbac was to a slight degree the opposite in that his on-field performance was better than his persona. However, his on-field performance was marked by mental lapses that kind of reflected his persona, so they melded together.

I don't "hate" either of them. They both came here and wanted to succeed. They just didn't, so we have to move on.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-14-2013 11:16 AM

Grbac was hated for who he wasn't.

Cassell is hated for who he is.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9316958)

:deevee:

He beat out Gannon and that's why you're bitter. You remember a lot more vitriol for Grbac than there actually was.

memyselfI 01-14-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9317023)
see, I just figured Vermeil came in and wanted 'his' guy at QB.

In fact, I remember Tony G publicly campaigning for Grbac to be retained by the new regime. I also remember Grbac throwing for like 4000 yards his last year here.

Wasn't it against Oakland that year that Grbac threw for like 500 yards and put up 31 pts...but they D gave up like 50 and we lost??

Most single game passing yards for a Chief, win or lose, I DO remember THAT.

Yeah, **** Matt Cassel.

Grbac>Cassel

The only way Cassel can throw for 500 yds is on Madden.

If you listened to Tim Grunhard, Grbac was pretty disliked by the team. To the point that he was excluded from Christmas parties and other crap that you mostly associate with middle school aged girls.