ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Jodi Arias Found Guilty Of Murder - Could You Send Someone To Their Death? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272894)

houstonwhodat 05-08-2013 03:59 PM

Jodi Arias Found Guilty Of Murder - Could You Send Someone To Their Death?

Have any of ya'll been following this case?

Thought she might get off like Casey Anthony but not this time. This murder was horrific.

Now the jury has to decide on punishment, life in prison or death.

If it came down to it could you send someone to their death?

I think I could do it but I'm sure I would think about it a lot.

PHOENIX – "Jodi Arias was convicted of first-degree murder Wednesday in the gruesome killing of her one-time boyfriend in Arizona after a four-month trial that captured headlines with lurid tales of sex, lies, religion and a salacious relationship that ended in a blood bath.

Arias was charged with first-degree murder in the June 2008 death of Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home. Authorities said she planned the attack in a jealous rage after being rejected by the victim while he pursued other women. Arias initially denied involvement then later blamed the killing on masked intruders. Two years after her arrest, she said it was self-defense."

Per Wikipedia:

"Alexander's body was discovered in a shower at his home. His throat had been cut, he was shot in the head, and he was stabbed multiple times.[10][11] There have been conflicting reports over the number of stab wounds, with some reports stating 29[12] and others stating 27.[13][14][11][10] Maricopa County Medical Examiner, Dr. Kevin Horn, testified that Alexander's jugular vein, common carotid artery, and windpipe had been slashed. Alexander's hands also had defensive wounds. Horn further testified that Alexander "may have" been dead at the time the gunshot was inflicted.[15][16] Alexander's death was ruled a homicide."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/08...degree-murder/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing...avis_Alexander

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zNisUz50neY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nryd2LF0deY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 05-08-2013 04:00 PM

I'd flip the switch.

In fact I've asked why we've stalled on our executions...

Donger 05-08-2013 04:01 PM

Sure.

houstonwhodat 05-08-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9668693)
I'd flip the switch.

Guess it depends on the state.

They have no problem killing people in Texas.

eazyb81 05-08-2013 04:02 PM

Of course. Why not?

Spott 05-08-2013 04:02 PM

In a heartbeat. I'd flip the switch on murderers, sex offenders and people that don't use their turn signals.

houstonwhodat 05-08-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9668699)
In a heartbeat. I'd flip the switch on murderers, sex offenders and people that don't use their turn signals.

How bout people that park in Handicap spaces?

LoneWolf 05-08-2013 04:03 PM

In this case they should walk her straight from the courtroom to the chair. She lied twice about the murder before finally admitting she killed him. We shouldn't spend a dime on keeping her alive for another day. I would have no problem sending her to her death and I would sleep like a baby afterwards.

wazu 05-08-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9668701)

That's more understandable. There are too many of those things.

Donger 05-08-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

That's a little harsh. They are already suffering.

LoneWolf 05-08-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Why do they get special places to park? Aren't they always preaching about wanting to be treated the same as everyone else?

Spott 05-08-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Them too. Except for the handicap ones, of course.

houstonwhodat 05-08-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9668702)
In this case they should walk her straight from the courtroom to the chair. She lied twice about the murder before finally admitting she killed him. We shouldn't spend a dime on keeping her alive for another day. I would have no problem sending her to her death and I would sleep like a baby afterwards.

You know she thought she was going to get away with it.

Then reality sets in....

kaplin42 05-08-2013 04:07 PM

Depending on the crime, yes I believe in the death penalty. And I also believe in a much more limited amount of appeals. The death penalty should not cost anywhere near as much as life in prison.

houstonwhodat 05-08-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9668707)
Them too. Except for the handicap ones, of course.

Of course.

In58men 05-08-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9668705)
That's a little harsh. They are already suffering.

He's talking about those who don't have a handicap

Spott 05-08-2013 04:08 PM

I'd do her first before I did it, though. :)

gblowfish 05-08-2013 04:09 PM

Put a little makeup on her, some nasty wear, nice perfume.....

Then flip the switch.

jettio 05-08-2013 04:10 PM

I am surprised that this is a death penalty case. Usually if spouses or long-time lovers kill the other when one is telling the other to get lost that is a life sentence with or without possibility of parole.

I think this case has gotten way too much attention.

My guess is that this will be a life without parole sentence, the dude made her fall in love with him, and he decided that she was not worth marrying. Under those circumstances, that should be a life sentence. Especially since she did not try to kill anybody else.

If you have a breakup murder where the killer kills other family or friends in addition that might be a death penalty case.

Donger 05-08-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9668713)

Yes, I suppose that was a little dry for some.

Buck 05-08-2013 04:11 PM

Could you stop making threads?

houstonwhodat 05-08-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 9668720)
I am surprised that this is a death penalty case. Usually if spouses or long-time lovers kill the other when one is telling the other to get lost that is a life sentence with or without possibility of parole.

My guess is that this will be a life without parole sentence, the dude made her fall in love with him, and he decided that she was not worth marrying. Under those circumstances, that should be a life sentence. Especially since she did not try to kill anybody else.

If you have a breakup murder where the killer kills other family or friends in addition that might be a death penalty case.

huh?

lewdog 05-08-2013 04:18 PM

Arizona finally got something right! Bitch was guilty as the sky is blue.

Spott 05-08-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9668723)
Could you stop making threads?

Well, at least he's not over here creating mults and posting incessantly how lucky we are that we signed their backup(which we did).

Pepe Silvia 05-08-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9668693)
I'd flip the switch.

She definately deserves it. I think the reason they're cutting back on executions is because it costs big money to put those ****ers to death. Anywhere from $1.5 to $3 million to fry 1 of those POS.

houstonwhodat 05-08-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9668740)
She definately deserves it. I think the reason they're cutting back on executions is because it costs big money to put those ****ers to death. Anywhere from $1.5 to $3 million to fry 1 of those POS.

I don't understand that.

Why does it cost so much money?

Dunerdr 05-08-2013 04:24 PM

Honestly why is life in prison an option its costly. Get your trial and retrial then hammer down thats three squares that could be handed out in the obamaline.

LoneWolf 05-08-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

WTF? So what you are saying is that her relationship with this guy means she should get a sentence less than death? This wasn't a crime of passion. She planned this. She took a "detour" to **** him one last time, took pictures of him just before his death in the shower, and then stabbed him 29 times. She slit his throat ear to ear and also shot him in the face. The only reason she didn't try to kill anyone else is because nobody else was there.

Take your panties off, pussy. She deserves to die and preferably painfully.

BlackHelicopters 05-08-2013 04:25 PM

She had some rage, evidently. Flip the switch.

jd1020 05-08-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9668740)

And to think that a 9mm bullet only cost a few cents.

Rasputin 05-08-2013 04:30 PM

Bout damn time this case is over and she is found guilty.

She just looks guilty.

I pegged her guilty then didn't give a **** because they kept dragging this bitch on and she didn't deserve any airtime just lock her up and forget about her.

WhawhaWhat 05-08-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9668713)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yERSnWli-xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2bikemike 05-08-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9668741)
I don't understand that.

Because Liberal Weenies who don't bat an eye at abortion can't stand the thought of whacking an no good POS who doesn't deserve to live. They would rather feed, clothe and provide health care for the rest of the POS natural life. So they fight tooth and nail to prevent an execution. A typical death row inmate spends over 20 years in the legal process.

Dave Lane 05-08-2013 05:57 PM

Requisite I'd take the electrode and PIIHB.

kcxiv 05-08-2013 05:59 PM

but wouldnt locking her up in a small box for 23 hours a day be worse then death? Sometimes, its ok to pay for certain things.

I have a buddy in lock down right now in prison and he says its the worst thing they can do to a person.

hometeam 05-08-2013 06:01 PM

I really don't have a whole lot of empathy or sympathy for people outside my inner circle.

I have watched this on CNN basically every day at work as background noise, and I think its pretty obvious she is a total psycho.

I could definitely vote to send her to the injection table.

LoneWolf 05-08-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9668924)
but wouldnt locking her up in a small box for 23 hours a day be worse then death? Sometimes, its ok to pay for certain things.

I have a buddy in lock down right now in prison and he says its the worst thing they can do to a person.

Let me stab your buddy 29 times, shoot him in the face, and slash his throat. Then we can ask him if lock down is really the worst thing.

kcxiv 05-08-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9668933)
Let me stab your buddy 29 times, shoot him in the face, and slash his throat. Then we can ask him if lock down is really the worst thing.

I have had friends and family murdered. I know what its like. I'd probably do the same, im older now and more calm, but if you asked me this 10 years ago. i'd probably do the shooting. lol

Anyways, yes, its horrific, i wont be protesting if she gets the death penalty, im just saying being in lock down is absolutely shitty.

ImAWalkingCorpse 05-08-2013 06:15 PM

FOX 4 News ‏@fox4kc 5m

BREAKING: Jodi Arias says in post-conviction interview that she prefers a death sentence. -@AP

Mother****erJones 05-08-2013 06:18 PM

Sure-Lebron James

Donger 05-08-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9668987)
FOX 4 News ‏@fox4kc 5m

BREAKING: Jodi Arias says in post-conviction interview that she prefers a death sentence. -@AP

Her proposal is acceptable.

Rasputin 05-08-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 9668993)
This case turned into a god damned horse and pony show. They could have found her guilty five minutes into trial.

Prosecution: "did you kill him?"

Jodi: "yes, but in self defense."

Prosecution: "you shot him in the face, stabbed him 27 times, and slit his throat, all in self defense?"

Jodi: "yes."

Jury: "**** that. This bitch is guilty."

Yeah, they were trying to make this out to be another OJ Simpson trial and frankly only the media gave a **** about it. Most people just wanted the case to be closed and move on from and rid her from society.

Thig Lyfe 05-08-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9668708)
You know she thought she was going to get away with it.

Then reality sets in....

AYO DUDE YOU GOT ANY HOT BOOBY PIX OF THIS JODI ARIAS CHICK??? I THINK SHE USED TO WORK AS A SEXXXI POPCORN VENDOR AT DEMOLITION DERBIES IN AND AROUND TEMPE

I NEED 2 FAP 4 REAL!!!!

crossbow 05-08-2013 06:32 PM

These modern maniacs have it easy. In my time they used to "ride the lightening" or "hang". Now days they get a lethal injection. Sometimes old sparkey would't cook them on the first jolt so they had to go again and it took some people 40 minutes to die from hanging. And lets not forget the gas chamber. It literaly caused the lungs to bleed internaly.

I am just saying that the good ole days are gone. What a damn shame.

teedubya 05-08-2013 06:50 PM

I hadn't even heard of this case until I was visiting the CNN Headquarters yesterday in Atlanta... I rarely, if ever, watch mainstream news.

Lex Luthor 05-08-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

LOL, WUT?

He "made her fall in love with him", so it's understandable that she would stab him 29 times, slit his throat, AND shoot him in the face?

You have a twisted set of values. That bitch deserves to die a painful death.

Dayze 05-09-2013 01:05 AM

I could do it no problem . Scum of society who eat up resources and tax dollars. Free up space to put the people with a 1/8 of a Doober in the ashtray for 10yrs

dmahurin 05-09-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9669045)
AYO DUDE YOU GOT ANY HOT BOOBY PIX OF THIS JODI ARIAS CHICK??? I THINK SHE USED TO WORK AS A SEXXXI POPCORN VENDOR AT DEMOLITION DERBIES IN AND AROUND TEMPE

I NEED 2 FAP 4 REAL!!!!

Boobies, meat curtains, and butthole all in one link.

http://www.xerq.net/showthread.php?1...ered-boyfriend

Fritz88 05-09-2013 02:11 AM

She's a very good looking dame.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 05-09-2013 06:00 AM

Is that a little penis on her snatch? :Lin:

J Diddy 05-09-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

FOX 4 News ‏@fox4kc 5m

I wonder if that means she'll forgo all the costly appeals if that's what she gets.

As far as the OP I think it'd be a lot harder to sentence someone to death then one would think.

WhiteWhale 05-09-2013 06:25 AM

On facebook I have a number of 'constitutional conservatives' lamenting that she was even given a trial.

You have got to love that.

bevischief 05-09-2013 06:27 AM

Depends on the case. But yes.

HonestChieffan 05-09-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9668702)

well said

MahiMike 05-09-2013 06:42 AM

This is where the middle-eastern countries have it figured out better than us. Robbers get their hands cut off. Doubt their prisons are over-crowded w/that kind of deterrence.

Hang her in the square for all to see.

Lex Luthor 05-09-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

FOX 4 News ‏@fox4kc 5m

I'm sure she's telling the truth about that. :rolleyes:

BlackHelicopters 05-09-2013 07:40 AM

That is a well used snatch.

Bwana 05-09-2013 07:46 AM

No problem and remember guys, NEVER stick it in crazy.

The Iron Chief 05-09-2013 07:51 AM

The only thing that I struggle with at times is which is the greater punishment.
To live for 60 yrs in prison or a yr waiting to die humanely.
Now that prisons are equipped with TV, radio,books/education outside time and things of this nature not to mention the Cost I believe I lean towards the death penalty.
Bottom line..
Would I pull the switch on this bitch?
I'd give more thought on whether I should finish my bag of Cheetos than any guilt on helping to put this Cu@T down.

Rausch 05-09-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9670318)
No problem and remember guys, NEVER stick it in crazy.

So you're saying we should all be gay?...

BlackHelicopters 05-09-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9670352)
So you're saying we should all be gay?...

Point taken.

Brock 05-09-2013 08:19 AM

She isn't worthy of tge death penalty.

Lzen 05-09-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9668741)
I don't understand that.

Lawyers.

boogblaster 05-09-2013 09:25 AM

yes and no .. she needs death but be better to let her stay locked up foever .....

TEX 05-09-2013 11:10 AM

I'd have no problem sentencing her to death.

tooge 05-09-2013 11:15 AM

I'd have no problem delivering death by boofoo to her

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-09-2013 12:19 PM

My grandmother was on a jury that found a man guilty of killing a Highway Patrolman outside of St. Louis. She was probably the kindest, least judgmental person I've ever met, and the jury had little issue recommending the death penalty. They finally iced the mother****er about 15 years later, but only after he starred in a Benetton ad.

bowener 05-09-2013 12:54 PM

I think living the rest of your life with no chance of parole is a far worse fate than death, especially when I have zero belief in eternal damnation. 60 years in a cage with other horrible humans sounds an awful lot like hell.

Frazod 05-09-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9671015)
I think living the rest of your life with no chance of parole is a far worse fate than death, especially when I have zero belief in eternal damnation. 60 years in a cage with other horrible humans sounds an awful lot like hell.

Except I don't want to pay for it. But a couple of rounds in the back of her head and be done with it.

Radar Chief 05-09-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9670362)
She isn't worthy of tge death penalty.

Agreed only because the appeals will cost more than just letting her rot in prison.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-09-2013 01:16 PM

Arby's anyone?

KCUnited 05-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9671045)
Arby's anyone?

I'd slather that pile of beef with horsey sauce.

exterminator 05-09-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9671015)

She'd be isolated most likely for a large part of her sentence.

exterminator 05-09-2013 01:22 PM

Dollars to donuts she'd be ****ing the prison guards before it's over and she'd get special privileges.

Then the other inmates would kick her ass.

Frazod 05-09-2013 01:25 PM

In Escape from New York there was a suicide machine available for anybody who didn't want to get dumped in the prison.

Why don't they allow that? I mean, if you've been sentenced to life in prison or some decades long term and would rather just check out, why not accommodate that? Sign a waiver, take a pill, and adios, dirtbag.

Carlota69 05-09-2013 01:29 PM

This bitch deserves to die a horrid death! Injection is wayyy to nice. I say, give her life, so she doenst get what she wants, sine shes already stated she wants death penalty, then let a Big ol burly Shirley make Jody her BITCH! Let Shirley stick everything under the sun in her vagina, beat her daily, force feed her Shirleys big ol' nasty shits for breakfast lunch nd dinner. Then Dahmer her ass after about a year. Make that bitch suffer, then off her, so it doesn't totally cost the AZ tax payers too much more.

kcxiv 05-09-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exterminator (Post 9671073)
Dollars to donuts she'd be ****ing the prison guards before it's over and she'd get special privileges.

Then the other inmates would kick her ass.

she's be in solitary confinement for the rest of her life. She wouldnt have little to any special privledges. She's spend 23 hours a day with no sun and 1 hour in a concrete room for fresh air.

kcxiv 05-09-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9671095)
This bitch deserves to die a horrid death! Injection is wayyy to nice. I say, give her life, so she doenst get what she wants, sine shes already stated she wants death penalty, then let a Big ol burly Shirley make Jody her BITCH! Let Shirley stick everything under the sun in her vagina, beat her daily, force feed her Shirleys big ol' nasty shits for breakfast lunch nd dinner. Then Dahmer her ass after about a year. Make that bitch suffer, then off her, so it doesn't totally cost the AZ tax payers too much more.

she also could be saying that, so they dont kill her. Bitch is crazy remember that

Carlota69 05-09-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9671099)
she also could be saying that, so they dont kill her. Bitch is crazy remember that

True, but my plan she dies after a horrible existence in prison. So she doesnt get what she wants either way.:thumb:

kcxiv 05-09-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9671105)
True, but my plan she dies after a horrible existence in prison. So she doesnt get what she wants either way.:thumb:

i suggested that earlier in this thread, n someone was like, well what if it was your friend/family member. I have had family/friends murdered in cold bloood. N i'd stay the same. YTou may be alive in prison, but its like being a caged ****ing animal, is pure hell. Let her rot here then rot after lol