ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   CP Support Group Now Forming... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115709)

CosmicPal 05-03-2005 07:12 PM

CP Support Group Now Forming...

Well, this afternoon I was chatting it up about the Grateful Dead, the music, the vibes, and oops- the drugs?

Because of it, today will likely have been my last job with my employer- Yep, I got caught chatting on a message board when things were slow at my office.

Four and a half years and all of the profitable projects I've created comes down to this- getting caught chatting at work. But, I can't help it. I have to know what's happening in my ChiefsPlanet. I have to know!

Dammit.

So, you give me a computer with Internet access and tell me I can't use the Internet? So, do you tell the doorman at the strip club, "Hey, no lookin' at the girls while you're working!" But, if there's nobody at the door, what's he to do besides look at the girls?

This is BS. But, I admit- I'm addicted to the Planet. My addiction may have cost me a job- I know that much is true tomorrow. It doesn't look good.

But, hey- I can look on the bright side- at least now I can ***** around on the Planet while drinking beer and cursing at the neighbors through my window for awhile.

Phobia 05-03-2005 07:19 PM

Bummer, dude. One door closes, another opens. You'll be alright.

Nzoner 05-03-2005 07:28 PM

Sorry to hear man,I may be joining the group too,my bos...er mrs was dropping hints today about how it's time to get back to daily selling.

Coach 05-03-2005 07:30 PM

ChiefsPlanet, it's like crack. You're always coming back for more.

Saulbadguy 05-03-2005 07:32 PM

That sucks. Personally, I wouldn't want to work at a job that I don't have the freedom of doing what I want during my free time. As long as I get my work done, everything should be kosher..right?

You'll be OK. This could be a blessing in disguise.

FloridaChief 05-03-2005 07:35 PM

Hey I hope it doesn't come to dismissal, but your company has no-one to blame but themselves for not giving you enough work to keep you busy...

F'em, Cosmic--go out in a blaze of glory (if that's the case)...

Hammock Parties 05-03-2005 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
That sucks. Personally, I wouldn't want to work at a job that I don't have the freedom of doing what I want during my free time. As long as I get my work done, everything should be kosher..right?

Yup.

Saulbadguy 05-03-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Yup.

Some people don't feel that way. I'm just glad I work in an environment where its allowed. I've worked in a couple places where there is absolutely nothing to do, and the boss got po'd if I was sitting there reading. "Get to work!".."And do what...?".."I don't know..do something!"

Hammock Parties 05-03-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Some people don't feel that way. I'm just glad I work in an environment where its allowed. I've worked in a couple places where there is absolutely nothing to do, and the boss got po'd if I was sitting there reading. "Get to work!".."And do what...?".."I don't know..do something!"

That's why working in the food industry sucks ass. If there aren't customers...YOUR ASS IS GOING HOME.

Saulbadguy 05-03-2005 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
That's why working in the food industry sucks ass. If there aren't customers...YOUR ASS IS GOING HOME.

You work in the food industry?

Skip Towne 05-03-2005 07:47 PM

If worse comes to worse you could move in with your parents. It works for Gaychiefs.

CosmicPal 05-03-2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Hey I hope it doesn't come to dismissal, but your company has no-one to blame but themselves for not giving you enough work to keep you busy...

F'em, Cosmic--go out in a blaze of glory (if that's the case)...

Oh, trust me, I will.

I'm still pissed about the fact the company has yet to acknowledge my last three ideas: 1. The state-of-the art breakroom, which ironically is designed to offer employees the chance to use computers to check emails and personal use during lunches and breaks. The room also includes a big screen TV and no cell phones are permitted. They've been remodeling our office the past couple of months to fit this recreational room with even a DVR and HDTV player. It was designed primarily for - get this- so, the company can say "We provide you with free Internet access in the recreational room, therefore, you can't be using it at your desk" Guess who gets busted? Wallah.

A couple of months ago, they voted to create this recreational room and our Vice President emailed the entire company stating HE was going to build such a thing and that HE wanted this for the employees. HE didn't do shit- HE told everyone it was HIS *****ing idea, when it was mine!

*****ing hilarious how I'm going to be canned because of this very thing. I hate *****ing corporations and this leads me to your suggestion of going out in a blaze of glory! Damn *****ing right I am. You have absolutely no *****ing idea how much money, I not only MADE for these tards, but SAVED!

If I get canned over my use of the Internet- there will be a scene unlike anything that has ever occured there before. I have the numbers on everyone else in my division- trust me- it won't be a pretty scene.

But, then again- I hate my job, so maybe some free time with my dog and a couple of months off will do me some good.

Hammock Parties 05-03-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

You work in the food industry?

I used to.

Hammock Parties 05-03-2005 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
Oh, trust me, I will.

I'm still pissed about the fact the company has yet to acknowledge my last three ideas: 1. The state-of-the art breakroom, which ironically is designed to offer employees the chance to use computers to check emails and personal use during lunches and breaks. The room also includes a big screen TV and no cell phones are permitted. They've been remodeling our office the past couple of months to fit this recreational room with even a DVR and HDTV player. It was designed primarily for - get this- so, the company can say "We provide you with free Internet access in the recreational room, therefore, you can't be using it at your desk" Guess who gets busted? Wallah.

A couple of months ago, they voted to create this recreational room and our Vice President emailed the entire company stating HE was going to build such a thing and that HE wanted this for the employees. HE didn't do shit- HE told everyone it was HIS *****ing idea, when it was mine!

*****ing hilarious how I'm going to be canned because of this very thing. I hate *****ing corporations and this leads me to your suggestion of going out in a blaze of glory! Damn *****ing right I am. You have absolutely no *****ing idea how much money, I not only MADE for these tards, but SAVED!

If I get canned over my use of the Internet- there will be a scene unlike anything that has ever occured there before. I have the numbers on everyone else in my division- trust me- it won't be a pretty scene.

But, then again- I hate my job, so maybe some free time with my dog and a couple of months off will do me some good.

What makes you think you are getting canned? I thought I was toast for sure at my old paper...turned out I got bent out of shape over nothing.

dirk digler 05-03-2005 07:54 PM

That sucks Cosmic but if you hate your job so much maybe this is the best thing.

You can't live your life being unhappy.

Good luck and I hope you don't get fired.