ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Peter King finally realizes Cassel sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264810)

COchief 10-08-2012 08:45 AM

Peter King finally realizes Cassel sucks

This is fantastic that a writer with the exposure that King wields finally has called Cassel/Pioli/Romeo out. I didn't think he would ever do it due to his affiliation with Pioli and past worship of "The Patriot Way". I have been emailing him on a weekly basis telling him that Cassel is terrible as I am sure many of you also have, looks like somebody (I am not taking credit, he probably gets thousands) finally got him to pay attention.

Hearing "This is the end" by The Doors in my head and smiling ear-to-ear.

Link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...k-5/index.html

Excerpts:

5. The story in Kansas City is the treatment of Matt Cassel as much as the play of Matt Cassel. No NFL quarterback is slumping quite as badly as Cassel, who has been rated lower than 84 (which is mediocrity) in all five games of the 1-4 Chiefs start. So when he went down with a concussion, felled by a hard hit from Baltimore defensive tackle Haloti Ngata in the second half Sunday, the Chiefs heard some fans cheering. That prompted this from K.C. right tackle Eric Winston:
"When you cheer someone getting knocked out ... it's sickening. It's 100 percent sickening. I've been in some rough times on some rough teams, and I've never been more embarrassed in my life to play football than in that moment right there ... We're not gladiators. This is not the Roman Coliseum. It is not OK [to cheer a player getting hurt]. It is not OK."
I'm glad to hear a teammate say that instead of robotically saying the fans pay their money and they can do what they want. But as for the football side, Cassel is playing shellshocked right now, and Romeo Crennel should start backup Brady Quinn, who was 3 of 3 in brief duty Sunday, when the Chiefs go to Tampa Bay Sunday. It's much for Cassel's mental as his physical health. The Chiefs need to see if they can get anything going on offense while their season has a glimmer of hope left.

Goats of the Week

Matt Cassel, QB, Kansas City. Thirteen turnovers in the first 19 quarters of the year, and the 13th was clearly the most damaging Sunday against Baltimore. In a 3-3 game in the third quarter, Kansas City had the ball at the Baltimore 1, and Cassel, hurrying to get the ball so he could make a quarterback sneak, mishandled the snap from new center Ryan Lilja. Baltimore recovered, and was up 6-3 five minutes later.
Kansas City was inches from taking its first lead in regulation time of the season, and Cassel coughed it up. You could see on the replay how Cassel misplayed the situation by leaning forward before the ball was snapped. Just a huge error.

h. Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, down 6-3 in the third quarter, with a 3rd-and-12, called a draw play to Jamaal Charles. Guys, if you have zero faith in your quarterback, pull him and play the backup.

Ace Gunner 10-08-2012 08:54 AM

he all but knocked Lilja off the ball and on his face. I bet matty c never touched it.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 8991550)
he all but knocked Lilja off the ball and on his face. I bet matty c never touched it.

It hit him the hands, the replay was pretty clear.

BigMeatballDave 10-08-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

He clearly touched it.

100% on Matty.

TEX 10-08-2012 09:14 AM

Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, down 6-3 in the third quarter, with a 3rd-and-12, called a draw play to Jamaal Charles. Guys, if you have zero faith in your quarterback, pull him and play the backup.

Enough Said.

Deberg_1990 10-08-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8991600)
Chiefs offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, down 6-3 in the third quarter, with a 3rd-and-12, called a draw play to Jamaal Charles. Guys, if you have zero faith in your quarterback, pull him and play the backup.

Enough Said.

Don Pioli hasn't given his blessing yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRock 10-08-2012 09:23 AM

So a week ago in that Yahoo article, Pioli shakes the etch-a-sketch and transforms himself into a Cassel-doubter who always knew Matt was a career backup. Plunging his blade right into the backs of Cassel and Romeo in the process.

And now suddenly Peter King is anti-Cassel and criticizes the coaching staff. What a remarkable coincidence.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 09:34 AM

**** Peter King.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...93372267_o.jpg

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8991616)
So a week ago in that Yahoo article, Pioli shakes the etch-a-sketch and transforms himself into a Cassel-doubter who always knew Matt was a career backup. Plunging his blade right into the backs of Cassel and Romeo in the process.

And now suddenly Peter King is anti-Cassel and criticizes the coaching staff. What a remarkable coincidence.

He got the memo.

FringeNC 10-08-2012 09:41 AM

Can't believe it. Peter King gets it exactly right -- effectively discounts the booing by stating the real issue is Matt's play, which is so bad the coaching staff has no faith in guy.

L.A. Chieffan 10-08-2012 09:45 AM

Pioli planted the seed and now his buddies are starting to run with the whole "it's mental, not physical", thing. That way Pioli can still say "Well, Matt had all the tools that's why I brought him here but you can never tell when it comes to the mental part."

Well played Scott

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 09:49 AM

So a Patriot Way co-conspirator wants to hop on the bandwagon.

Really.

**** off, Fat Peter.

mcaj22 10-08-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

No Ed Reed came out and said he saw that audible coming from a mile away. Reed said its the exact same stuff that Tom Brady does to a T. But in this case it's Matt Cassel not Tom Brady, and Ed Reed was not only able to shoot the right gap but he jumped it. Ed Reed said hes seen that audible a million times playing the Patriots. The Ravens were 110% ready for that sneak. It's the Patriots Way and their schemes being the exact same pieces of shit that ****ed us. Not Ryan Lilja.

htismaqe 10-08-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8991674)
No Ed Reed came out and said he saw that audible coming from a mile away. Reed said its the exact same stuff that Tom Brady does to a T. But in this case it's Matt Cassel not Tom Brady, and Ed Reed was not only able to shoot the right gap but he jumped it. Ed Reed said hes seen that audible a million times playing the Patriots. The Ravens were 110% ready for that sneak. It's the Patriots Way and their schemes being the exact same pieces of shit that ****ed us. Not Ryan Lilja.

****ing brilliant.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8991674)
It's the Patriots Way and their schemes being the exact same pieces of shit that ****ed us. Not Ryan Lilja.

You mean talent trumped The Patriot Way?

I'M SHOCKED.