ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Phil Simms on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277540)

Strongside 10-16-2013 03:32 PM

Phil Simms on 610

Anyone else listen in?

He seemed very high on the Chiefs. A few highlights that I thought were notable:

-Talked about Alex needing to throw to Dwayne whether he's open or not. Just look at the coverage and adjust the throw accordingly. Compared Bowe to Anquan Boldin, who's not always the most open guy, but still uses his size and strength to make catches over defenders.

-Said that there isn't a weakness on the defensive side of the ball. Talked about watching them this week and thinking that he should have been paying attention to them sooner because he was like 'wow.'

-When asked if the Chiefs can win the Super Bowl with Alex, he said.."that's all they ever wrote about me...that the Giants would never win the big game with Simms under center. How did that work out? Of course they can."

-When asked about Denver he said that the Chiefs pose a big threat to Peyton. He said when you play him, don't even try to disguise your defense. It's a waste of time. You have to hit him, and the Chiefs can do that.

-Said that the Dallas and especially Jacksonville games raised a lot of red flags for him with Denver. He said teams can move the ball on them.

-Admitted that everyone jumped to conclusions and crowned the Broncos super bowl champs 4 weeks into the season, and that he was one of those people, but that after watching Kansas City he's not even ready to give Denver the division now.

-Said it was a shame that CBS protected the DEN-KC games, but that he hoped they'd get to do them. He said he's only done one game between 2 9-0 teams...Dallas vs NE....and it lived up to the hype.

-"Watching the Chiefs is like stepping back in time. It's nice to see a team that doesn't have to run the spread and the pistol every play to win games."

ct 10-16-2013 03:37 PM

ok maybe he aint so bad...

Nzoner 10-16-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

When asked about Denver he said that the Chiefs pose a big threat to Peyton. He said when you play him, don't even try to disguise your defense. It's a waste of time. You have to hit him, and the Chiefs can do that.
I hate to wish football season by so quickly but I cannot ****ing wait for KC's two games against him.

BigMeatballDave 10-16-2013 03:39 PM

Reading that, it sounded like Simms was talking in my head.

Strongside 10-16-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10091999)
Reading that, it sounded like Simms was talking in my head.

Try it again and use Morgan Freeman.

SuperChief 10-16-2013 03:43 PM

We run pistol. A lot, it seems.

Zebedee DuBois 10-16-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10092003)
Try it again and use Morgan Freeman.

I'm a little older, I prefer the James Earl Jones voice to narrate my thoughts.

Deberg_1990 10-16-2013 03:46 PM

Ho does he feel about Chris and Matt?

Hammock Parties 10-16-2013 03:54 PM

Phil Simms used to praise Matt Cassel on Inside the NFL.

He is a dumbass game manager who loves game managers and shitty QBs.

Nzoner 10-16-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10092047)

He is a dumbass game manager with a Super Bowl ring who loves game managers and shitty QBs.

FYP

BigMeatballDave 10-16-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10092047)

He is a dumbass game manager who loves game managers and shitty QBs.

Yeah, they were swinging from Matt's junk in '10.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10092075)
Yeah, they were swinging from Matt's junk in '10.

He also was talking him up in 2011, saying it wasn't his fault, etc.

BlackHelicopters 10-16-2013 04:36 PM

Phil is watching while you sleep. Also he touches himself while he does it.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10092120)
Phil is watching while you sleep. Also he touches himself while he does it.

Why are guys named Phil always so creepy?

xztop123 10-16-2013 04:53 PM

People are not realizing that when our O is put into a poisition where it needs to score it comes up big. That scramble broken play pass to Bowe was immense. I think theres a code Reid is giving Smith before each drive, something like "play it safe" vs "score now"

If you've seen teams who try to score when they have the game in control like the Bears the past few years with Cutler, it cost them some games.