ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kevin Harlan explains why kc didn't take Marino (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266127)

Mother****erJones 11-03-2012 01:51 AM

Kevin Harlan explains why kc didn't take Marino

Listening to 810 podcast today they had Kevin Harlan on and he explained why they took blackledge instead of Marino. He said during Marino's workout with kc before the draft Marino wasn't throwing the ball well and was cussing. Then blackledge came in good demeanor and holy guy and did well. :facepalm: is in order after hearing that

007 11-03-2012 01:59 AM

LMAO

This organization.

Phobia 11-03-2012 02:03 AM

Yeah - I've heard that story about how most the staff was religious at that time and Marino wasn't part of the right 53. But it's not like Marino would have been any good in KC. This team has NEVER been able to develop a QB. It's not like Blackledge was a horrible project, this team has the ability to kill any QB career.

007 11-03-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9079053)
Yeah - I've heard that story about how most the staff was religious at that time and Marino wasn't part of the right 53. But it's not like Marino would have been any good in KC. This team has NEVER been able to develop a QB. It's not like Blackledge was a horrible project, this team has the ability to kill any QB career.

If only we could go back in time and find out.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-03-2012 02:12 AM

Really, if the Chiefs were to move away I wouldn't even care. I already have a favorite team to embarrass me every year, who needs a second.

Go Jayhawks.

DTLB58 11-03-2012 02:43 AM

I heard it was because Marino blew off KC FO guys at a pre-arranged dinner prior to the draft. This was on one of the espn top ten count list shows.

SCTrojan 11-03-2012 03:46 AM

It's not like we were the only team to whiff on Marino. He was drafted second to last in that round. I recall there being a lot of questions about him.

rabblerouser 11-03-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCTrojan (Post 9079068)
It's not like we were the only team to whiff on Marino. He was drafted second to last in that round. I recall there being a lot of questions about him.

word on the skreet was he liked to poweder his nose.

007 11-03-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9079073)
word on the skreet was he liked to poweder his nose.

So he was either the first quinn orrrrrrr.

rabblerouser 11-03-2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9079075)
So he was either the first quinn orrrrrrr.

huh?

bevischief 11-03-2012 05:13 AM

All these stories coming out now can be a sign of many things to come.

007 11-03-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9079079)
huh?

OK, you are either powdering your nose or powdering your nose.

AussieChiefsFan 11-03-2012 05:26 AM

Well that woulda been nice....

Dave Lane 11-03-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Yeah - I've heard that story about how most the staff was religious at that time and Marino wasn't part of the right 53.

Well that would explain alot of the results they got...

Rasputin 11-03-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Sorry Phobia, but this statement has bugged me for years. They have tried once in 40 years to develop a first round QB. Then we drafted a second rounder in Matt Blundin but his chance to shine they had him throw the ball four times and gave up on him and went with veteran QB such as Joe Montana. From then on we drafted a couple late rounders that never got to see action iirc untill we drafted Brodie Croyle in the 3rd round and he was made of glass. So I would argue that it's not that they have NEVER been a ble to develop a draft pick QB it's that they never TRIED but twice to develop a draft pick quarterback. The statement never been able to develop is miss leading in that it suggest we have tried. It's flustraiting to me we never tried.

From the Blackledge era Carl Peterson new fans didn't want to fail again drafting a QB to develop and he was right.

I don't see that they even work on developing Ricky Stanzi that he is left to learn on his own from team meetings is the only clue he gets. It's not like they put him in as the second string to get the extra reps needed for developing. They promoted Quinn only to leave Cassell as back up so they aren't developing shit still.