ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Linebackers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207937)

Coach 05-21-2009 06:12 AM

Linebackers

The poll question pretty sums it up....

Vote, and give us your assessments.

EyePod 05-21-2009 06:17 AM

You're right. I really appreciate your poll that sums up everything (am I the only one who doesn't see a poll?).

Coach 05-21-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 5782210)
You're right. I really appreciate your poll that sums up everything (am I the only one who doesn't see a poll?).

It takes awhile to create a poll. Basically, the post happens, but the user still has to create the poll.

Slainte 05-21-2009 06:22 AM

Robert Bell.

Coach 05-21-2009 07:21 AM

Jeez, not much of a contest as I would had hoped.....

MOhillbilly 05-21-2009 07:28 AM

Lanier is more of a myth to me having never seen him play so i went with thomas. Though i still say if it werent for Smith, thomas wouldnt of had the numbers he did.

raybec 4 05-21-2009 07:33 AM

I must have something wrong with my computer as I am not seeing the Rich Scanlon option in the poll.

Sure-Oz 05-21-2009 07:35 AM

I want to see Rich Scanlon on Pros vs Joes

Rain Man 05-21-2009 07:37 AM

My gut reaction was Willie Lanier. The guy was pure violence, but with smarts.

However, thinking about it more, I voted for Bobby Bell. He was enough older that I barely saw him play, but he went into the Hall of Fame pretty quickly if I remember right, was apparently an amazing athlete, and did everything for the Chiefs - run, pass, even long snap. I've read that he could even be their emergency quarterback.

Of course, comparing Lanier and Bell is like asking whether Everest or K2 is a bigger mountain.

I adore Derrick Thomas too, but Lanier and Bell are legendary and played on a defense that now has four Hall of Famers and possibly five if Johnny Robinson ever gets in. Maybe that helps their cause, I don't know.

My theory was that Bell wouldn't get a lot of votes, but he and Lanier would split votes and the younger voters would carry DT to victory. So far, I'm wrong.

Coach 05-21-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 5782301)
I must have something wrong with my computer as I am not seeing the Rich Scanlon option in the poll.

Rich Mother****ing Scanlon is irrevelent.

Coach 05-21-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5782307)
My gut reaction was Willie Lanier. The guy was pure violence, but with smarts.

However, thinking about it more, I voted for Bobby Bell. He was enough older that I barely saw him play, but he went into the Hall of Fame pretty quickly if I remember right, was apparently an amazing athlete, and did everything for the Chiefs - run, pass, even long snap. I've read that he could even be their emergency quarterback.

Of course, comparing Lanier and Bell is like asking whether Everest or K2 is a bigger mountain.

I adore Derrick Thomas too, but Lanier and Bell are legendary and played on a defense that now has four Hall of Famers and possibly five if Johnny Robinson ever gets in. Maybe that helps their cause, I don't know.

My theory was that Bell wouldn't get a lot of votes, but he and Lanier would split votes and the younger voters would carry DT to victory. So far, I'm wrong.

But the thing is, I have always have a soft heart for the guys who don't receive the recongition that they deserve so. I mean, Lynch was a fine linebcker. He could stop the run and cover the pass as well as anybody could. His problem was that he was more often overshadowed by fellow linebackers Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell.

Holub was as good as advertised, just a shame his knees couldn't hold up long enough for him to sustain a longer career. But he was a tough tough tough sonofabitch

TrebMaxx 05-21-2009 07:54 AM

Willie Lanier all the way. DT is a close second.

Scorp 05-21-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 5782316)
Rich Mother****ing Scanlon is irrevelent.

May god have mercy on your soul.......because Scanimal won't!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/16/richscanlon.jpg

whoman69 05-21-2009 08:07 AM

Lanier had some great players around him, yet he was the best out there. Bell for as great as he was, the first outside lineback voted into the hall, was a better athlete. Nobody had the drive and determination of Lanier. He had 27 interceptions, which is a ridiculous number for a linebacker. The only players that I've seen at MLB that can even approach him were Lambert and Lewis.

ModSocks 05-21-2009 08:22 AM

Howcome there is no kendrel bell option?
Posted via Mobile Device