ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football LSU coach Les Miles has an offer on the table to become new Arkansas coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267142)

Frazod 11-27-2012 09:06 PM

I'm kind of hoping Anderson puts in a good word for Pinkel.

Reaper16 11-27-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9158167)
Haha. This rumor was really starting to pick up traction in social media. Just as it's really reaching critical mass, the state newspaper sends out a "Breaking News" email.... announcing the winner of the North Little Rock mayoral runoff. People are all freaking out about it because they were panicking that the email was announcing Miles' hiring. That's how ****ing obsessed Arkansans have become with this coaching hire. Nuts.

Great troll job, that. LMAO

Dayze 11-27-2012 09:07 PM

If I'm Miles , there's no way I'm leaving LSU.
especially for Arkansas. I'd only leave for a BIG TIME school with exposure and name recognition; Like a USC, Texas, Miami, Oregon (are they considered big time?), Tennessee, etc.

Not saying any of those schools are interested or anything, just saying from a big name standpoint etc.

O.city 11-27-2012 09:08 PM

Why do hogs fans think that is such an enticing job? What have they done football wise to bring all this on?

Sorry new chief but seems to me that isn't a very attractive job, having to beat Bama and lsu every year

Tombstone RJ 11-27-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9158144)
Meh. Les isn't going anywhere.

I read that they were after Chris Petersen. That would be a great hire.

http://www.hogcountryonline.com/?p=7870

Dunno how reliable that report is but I stumbled across it on Twitter yesterday.

If Arkansas does get Petersen, I hope he's not another Hawkins. CU was all happy when they hired Dan Hawkins and he didn't do jack diddly crap at CU. In fact, he left the football program worse than it was before he got there.

My only consolation with Petersen is that BSU did even better once Hawkins left. Still, Arkansas better be damn sure that Petersen is the guy most directly responsible for BSU's success, and it's not due to other reason's like a great recruiting system (a pipeline to players).

displacedinMN 11-27-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

The general consensus on him (around here, fair or not) is that he does less with more than most other coaches in the SEC.

that says it all about his character. In other words, he is lucky to even have a job.

many other coaches do more with less.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158179)
Why do hogs fans think that is such an enticing job? What have they done football wise to bring all this on?

Sorry new chief but seems to me that isn't a very attractive job, having to beat Bama and lsu every year

Facilities. A ****ing Brinks truck full of cash always idling outside of the complex.

It's a pretty ****ing good job. It's not the elite, but it's the next tier.

NewChief 11-27-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158179)

I think for the right person, wanting to compete in the "best" conference and put their stamp on a program, it's a good fit. Bobby Petrino was about as perfect of a fit (other than being a sociopath and morally bankrupt individual) as one could find. Could take sub par recruits and compete with them. There are other "rising" coaches out there who like what Arkansas has to offer. Tons of money, fantastic facilities, a devoted fanbase, and the opportunity to compete (and win) in the upper echelon.

Chiefspants 11-27-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9158190)
Facilities. A ****ing Brinks truck full of cash always idling outside of the complex.

It is superior to his position at LSU?

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9158192)
Bobby Petrino was about as perfect of a fit (other than being a sociopath and morally bankrupt individual) as one could find.

I thought those traits MADE him a perfect fit.

:p

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 09:12 PM

He's be a damn moron to leave LSU for Arkansas

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9158194)

No.

To move from LSU he'd have to be severely underpaid or hate the AD/administration.

O.city 11-27-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9158190)

I guess money talks especially with Jerry jones and Walmart paying some bills.

But from a competitive and recruiting standpoint, I do t see it being a spot that would lure the type of HC they seem to think it will.

IMO Peterson would be a great hire

Tombstone RJ 11-27-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9158194)

I'd say is comparable to the LSU job.

NewChief 11-27-2012 09:13 PM

And I agree with everyone saying he'd be an idiot to leave LSU for Arkansas. He would completely fail at Arkansas. At LSU, he has one of the strongest talent pools in the nation from which to recruit. Arkansas doesn't. Arkansas needs a coach who can take 3 star talent and coach them up to compete with 5 star recruits. That's a unique skill set that few coaches possess.

That's also one of the reasons that Long would be an idiot to make him an offer.