ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News It's time we ban pitbulls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270868)

frankotank 03-08-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9476883)
What I find interesting in this debate, is the fact that 99.9999999999999999999999% of all dog owners in the history of dog ownership would never ever admit to having a dangerous dog. At least until the dog does something dangerous. It's just astonishing the lengths some people will go to defend their asshole dog. Of course, not all dogs are assholes. But even owners of evil hellhounds straight from Satan's fenced in backyard will defend their dog to the ends of time.

"My dog is the sweetest most lovable cuddly animal in the world. See, it even plays with baby chicks and doesn't instantly devour them!"

It tells me that many people out there are either oblivious or in complete and total denial of what their dog is capable of.

I had an American Tundra Shepherd a long time ago (betcha never hearda that one)....and she was most untrustworthy with anyone outside of immediate family. do not own this breed. not cool having a dog you know is an opportunity away from ****ing somebody up.

KCWolfman 03-08-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9476883)
What I find interesting in this debate, is the fact that 99.9999999999999999999999% of all dog owners in the history of dog ownership would never ever admit to having a dangerous dog. At least until the dog does something dangerous. It's just astonishing the lengths some people will go to defend their asshole dog. .

They do the same things with their children. Talk to a mom about how super-intelligent her child is. She will have you believing her 6 year old is bound for MIT
next fall due to his ability to understand the Constitution, Electrical Sciences, and String Theory. The next moment she will tell you there is no way her child is bright enough to deliberately push another kid into a locker at school.

Frankie 03-08-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9475930)
I'm sure other breeds kill human babies just as often.

Collectively.

DJ's left nut 03-08-2013 11:09 AM

Eh, I'll want to see the dog before I care about the article.

My chocolate lab got out of the house once and the people down the block called animal control because there was a pit bull in their yard.

He's a !@#$ing chocolate lab.

People see dark fur and a 70+ lb dog and if they don't know much about dogs, it becomes a pit bull. Nevermind the fact that most pits are light in color...by God that dog is bigger than a 3 yr old - IT'S A PIT!

Because people are, y'know, really stupid.

I honestly couldn't care less about breed-specific legislation, to tell you the truth. There are tens of thousands of dogs put down annually because there aren't as many homes as there are great pets. Taking Pits out of the equation leaves plenty of outstanding pets around. And while they aren't necessarily more aggressive as a breed, certain lines certainly are and those lines are diluting the gene pool for the breed in general. And while they're not all aggressive, even the most ardent pit bull supporters will concede that they are universally very mouthy dogs. Every Pit I've known has been a mouther. And with the power in those jaws, sometimes that causes damage even on accident. The room for a simple mistake sure goes away in a hurry with a dog like that.

But I certainly understand the opposition; even the mouthy pits are still sweet dogs.

KCWolfman 03-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9476933)
Collectively.

Muslims cause more wars than any other religion right now. Should we apply the pit bull resolve there as well?

Frankie 03-08-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9476944)
Muslims cause more wars than any other religion right now. Should we apply the pit bull resolve there as well?

:spock:

Fish 03-08-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9476890)
You can say the same thing about people and thier children.

"My little boy or girl would never do [X]!"

Fill in [X] with whatever you like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9476924)
They do the same things with their children. Talk to a mom about how super-intelligent her child is. She will have you believing her 6 year old is bound for MIT
next fall due to his ability to understand the Constitution, Electrical Sciences, and String Theory. The next moment she will tell you there is no way her child is bright enough to deliberately push another kid into a locker at school.

Well yes... but lying about your kid is a little different. The resulting dangers aren't very comparable. A lying child is still moderately controllable for the most part. The result of those kinds of lies might be a kid pushed in a locker, or a suspension from school. Lying and underestimating what your dog is capable of can and does result in serious harm or death. I've seen it firsthand.

ModSocks 03-08-2013 11:15 AM

We should ban RT's.

KCWolfman 03-08-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9476963)
Well yes... but lying about your kid is a little different. The resulting dangers aren't very comparable. A lying child is still moderately controllable for the most part. The result of those kinds of lies might be a kid pushed in a locker, or a suspension from school. Lying and underestimating what your dog is capable of can and does result in serious harm or death. I've seen it firsthand.

I bet John Wayne Gacy's mom would disagree with you

burt 03-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9476907)
I had an American Tundra Shepherd a long time ago (betcha never hearda that one)....and she was most untrustworthy with anyone outside of immediate family. do not own this breed. not cool having a dog you know is an opportunity away from ****ing somebody up.

Those are ****ing huge, too!!! See I have heard of them...

Fish 03-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9476980)

Yes, I'm sure there are a couple exceptions.

KC_Lee 03-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9476980)

Or Jeffery Dahmer's father.

Beef Supreme 03-08-2013 11:27 AM

Ban dog owners who don't have a ****ing clue how to raise or train a dog.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-08-2013 11:31 AM

I'm not for banning breeds, but man do I hate those ****ing dogs. Or maybe it's just pitbull owners. Or maybe it's bud light commercials

Dayze 03-08-2013 12:04 PM

nothing wrong with Pitts at all. any animal can be turned into a viscious animal.

Got to a Pet Store (not directed to anyone here specfici etc) when they have Pitt Bull adoptions. Some of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.
They get a huge bad rap from the media.

Years ago it was the Rottweiler. Before that, Dobermans.

Investigate for yourself before jumping on board with the media hype/scare tactics.