ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV TRON 3 is An Unofficial ‘Done Deal’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249253)

JD10367 06-23-2012 11:26 AM

"Tron Legacy" had a great soundtrack, cool visuals, and Olivia Wilde's eyes. I was happy overall with it.

Frazod 06-23-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8697048)
"Tron Legacy" had a great soundtrack, cool visuals, and Olivia Wilde's eyes. I was happy overall with it.

It was very much in the same vein as Prometheus and Star Trek - reboots of childhood favorites, neat visuals, overall enjoyable, but silly with huge plot holes.

That said, I look forward to the next round of all three.

ThaVirus 06-23-2012 12:09 PM

I never saw the original and I thought Tron: Legacy blew. Cool visuals and the music really fit though. I'd watch this one, but probably only a few weeks after it hits Redbox.

Bowser 06-23-2012 12:17 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yQsaPVfze4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 06-23-2012 12:22 PM

Loved the music choices there. Separate Ways followed by Sweet Dreams.

007 04-06-2013 04:13 AM

http://screenrant.com/tron-legacy-se...-hedlund-2014/

Garrett Hedlund Set for ‘TRON: Legacy’ Sequel; Production in 2014?
3 months ago by Sandy Schaefer

Most of the updates on a TRON: Legacy sequel (or TRON 3, whichever you prefer) from the past year have been provided by Tron himself, actor Bruce Boxleitner. The slow progress is partly due to Legacy‘s moderate box office success – it turned a profit, but not as much as Disney wanted – and lukewarm reception from the general moviegoing population; though, some members of the fanbase were much more pleased and have been anticipating the new installment for years now.

Legacy helmer Joseph Kosinski has been busy making the sci-fi flick Oblivion with Tom Cruise (check out the trailer), which is the other main contributing factor holding up development on another TRON. Kosinski is regarded as essentially a lock to come back for the Legacy sequel; the same goes for stars Garrett Hedlund and Olivia Wilde (should the project indeed happen, that is).

Hedlund was promoting next week’s Jack Kerouac adaptation On the Road when Next Movie pressed him for details concerning the third TRON installment. The actor confirmed that he is indeed onboard, but otherwise kept quiet when it came to revealing more about the project – simply saying that “Disney’s very excited. That’s about that. You know, yeah, I’m very excited, Disney’s very excited.”

Disney is said to have put the Legacy followup on the fast-track for development, now that it has recruited Jesse Wigutow to revise the previous script draft drawn up by David DiGilio (Eight Below). Earlier this year, Boxleitner suggested that principal photography should begin sometime in 2014; although current rumors back that claim up, nothing is set in stone yet (officially, that is).

The Legacy sequel was addressed on a recent SR Underground Podcast episode, where the SR crew consensus seemed to align with the feelings of you average non-hardcore TRON fan. That is, complaints about story and content aside, Legacy does offer up enough in the way of enjoyable spectacle and dazzling effects eye candy to justify a return trip to ‘The Grid’; hopefully, one that builds on the plot and character elements introduced in Legacy.

Hedlund’s return indicates that could very well happen; not to mention, the door’s been left wide open for Cillian Murphy (The Dark Knight Rises) to expand on his Legacy cameo and become the central antagonist in the sequel. So, all things considered, there is potential for TRON 3 to be an improvement on its predecessor.

Screen Rant will keep you posted on TRON 3 development as more information is released.

DaveNull 04-06-2013 06:44 AM

I wonder how/if this project is moving forward.

Tron Legacy has grown on me over time. I probably had some over inflated expectations going in. It's one of my favorite movies to watch with all the lights off and the sound way up. Daft Punk's score should have received more acclaim.

RustShack 04-06-2013 11:46 AM

Wait there was a Tron two? I loved Tron!

RustShack 04-06-2013 11:50 AM

On the one I seen was the second one. Is that old one any good?

Bowser 04-06-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9561363)

I havent seen it in years. It was good at the time, but I imagine it hasn't aged worth a damn.

Crush 04-06-2013 01:16 PM

Go get 'em Captain Sheridan.

007 04-06-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9561363)

It was groundbreaking at the time but aged horribly. It will always be a guilty pleasure for me though.

DaveNull 04-06-2013 03:41 PM

I wouldn't say it aged horribly...I watched a little last night (it was on BBC). The effects are dated but...duh.

RustShack 04-06-2013 06:28 PM

Is it something different? Or a remake? Tron didn't really seem like a part two.. Unless its just about Flynn going there originally?

007 04-06-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9562368)
Is it something different? Or a remake? Tron didn't really seem like a part two.. Unless its just about Flynn going there originally?

Well there is the whole Jeff Bridges is old thing that kind of limited what they could do.