ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245442)

Dr. Gigglepants 01-11-2012 11:01 AM

Almost have my ACR leveled up. Using dual attachments (silencer/extended mags), SoH pro, Assassin pro, Stalker pro. Is that a good setup or does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to get damage on my striker, I'm at level 25 now, but I just find the ACR a little better, I keep getting into long range fire fights and get my ass kicked with the striker.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 01-11-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8285174)
Almost have my ACR leveled up. Using dual attachments (silencer/extended mags), SoH pro, Assassin pro, Stalker pro. Is that a good setup or does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to get damage on my striker, I'm at level 25 now, but I just find the ACR a little better, I keep getting into long range fire fights and get my ass kicked with the striker.
Posted via Mobile Device

You should ditch stalker and equip sitrep. With the basic version of sitrep, stalker pro becomes obsolete since you'll see all of their explosives before they're tripped. Then once you unlock sitrep pro, enemy footsteps are 4 times louder and your teammate's are almost inaudible. That'll make it damn near impossible to be snuck up on, and you can hear people coming around corners if their isn't too much background noise. I currently have sitrep pro equipped to all of my classes, except one (my SMG run-n-gun class which I use steady aim).

Dr. Gigglepants 01-11-2012 12:49 PM

I'll try that tonight. I do like being able to move faster while looking down the site, though. Just watched a video on how to get sitrep pro quickly: place a trophy and knife it 50 times. Sounds easier than randomly happening upon 50 enemy explosives and destroying them (while having sitrep activated). I have never cheated at a game before, what say you keepers of the Sacred CoD Honor Code?
Posted via Mobile Device

Valiant 01-11-2012 12:51 PM

Or what is it, overpowered perk 3 to get 2 primaries, acr and striker to solve your problems. One of these days I am going to use it.

Dr. Gigglepants 01-11-2012 01:13 PM

The other day I accidentally smashed myself with a care package, was surprised there wasn't a callsign to signify this act of dumbassery. I also landed a care package on top of a rooftop in Village yesterday. This game is rather unforgiving of dumbassery like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 01-11-2012 03:46 PM

Reaper is absolutely worthless...why bother? ACR-130 pwns the reaper.

ThaVirus 01-11-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8285482)
I'll try that tonight. I do like being able to move faster while looking down the site, though. Just watched a video on how to get sitrep pro quickly: place a trophy and knife it 50 times. Sounds easier than randomly happening upon 50 enemy explosives and destroying them (while having sitrep activated). I have never cheated at a game before, what say you keepers of the Sacred CoD Honor Code?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I did that cheat thingy. Only because it takes destroying 50 enemy explosives to unlock sitrep pro. By the time I did that it would be time to prestige so **** all that.

And yeah, I'm a run-n-gunner so I like to be able to move faster while aiming too (I like to move back and forth in a firefight), but sitrep pro is just wayyyy too valuable, IMO.

Valiant 01-11-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Short Leash Hootie (Post 8286099)

Wut? You don't use it right. I can get about 5 to 6 kills before getting shot down. If no one shoots me down it is about 10 to 15 kills..

Ac130 takes one more missile to bring down. Reaper is way better for kills it takes.

Molitoth 01-11-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8286300)
Wut? You don't use it right. I can get about 5 to 6 kills before getting shot down. If no one shoots me down it is about 10 to 15 kills..

Ac130 takes one more missile to bring down. Reaper is way better for kills it takes.

I agree. The Reaper is better bang for the buck.

9 kills in a row is much easier to get than 12 or 13 or however many the AC130 is.

-King- 01-11-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Short Leash Hootie (Post 8286099)

Not really. I've seen some people RAPE with the reaper. Add that to the fact that it takes less kills to get than the AC130, it's easily better.

Valiant 01-11-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8286126)
Yeah, I did that cheat thingy. Only because it takes destroying 50 enemy explosives to unlock sitrep pro. By the time I did that it would be time to prestige so **** all that.

And yeah, I'm a run-n-gunner so I like to be able to move faster while aiming too (I like to move back and forth in a firefight), but sitrep pro is just wayyyy too valuable, IMO.

I did not know this.. Awesome.. Easy way to pro that and get points..

ThaVirus 01-11-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8287193)
I did not know this.. Awesome.. Easy way to pro that and get points..

Yeah, just set up a trophy system as soon as you spawn and knife that baby immediately. You can do it as many times as you die so it's feasible to unlock sitrep pro in 4 or 5 matches. Quickdraw pro will make it go a bit faster too...

-King- 01-11-2012 11:48 PM

How the hell did I ever get akimbo FMG9s in my first prestige? One FMG9 sucks ass so I don't know how I ever got enough kills to get the akimbo. Right now I'm getting maybe one kill a match with it. I used to get at least 5 when I had the akimbos.

kepp 01-12-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8287483)
Yeah, just set up a trophy system as soon as you spawn and knife that baby immediately. You can do it as many times as you die so it's feasible to unlock sitrep pro in 4 or 5 matches. Quickdraw pro will make it go a bit faster too...

I think I'm going to try out the trophy system. I watched a video yesterday showing how to survive a predator. Whenever you hear one incoming just throw out your trophy system. I suppose Quickdraw Pro would help get it deployed faster.

Quesadilla Joe 01-12-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8285422)
You should ditch stalker and equip sitrep. With the basic version of sitrep, stalker pro becomes obsolete since you'll see all of their explosives before they're tripped. Then once you unlock sitrep pro, enemy footsteps are 4 times louder and your teammate's are almost inaudible. That'll make it damn near impossible to be snuck up on, and you can hear people coming around corners if their isn't too much background noise. I currently have sitrep pro equipped to all of my classes, except one (my SMG run-n-gun class which I use steady aim).

If you have a surround sound headset then I agree that you should use Sit Rep Pro, but if you don't have a headset the pro version of Sit Rep isn't that useful and you should use Stalker.

Stalker is an amazing perk if you actually strafe in gunfights a lot. I used to strafe back and forth with Stalker but figured out that I was strafing into their shots too much, so now I just strafe in one direction and don't get shot as much while strafing. People really do have a hard time hitting you if you actually use Stalker properly.