ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306671)

Meatloaf 03-17-2017 11:11 AM

Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly

First of all, let me say that I hate being the guy bringing this up, BUT I fear that we're all looking at our QBOTF issue incorrectly. Sadly, the question isn't about which QB we should draft, but rather (and I hate me for suggesting this), what veteran QB will be available in the next 2-3 years to replace Alex?

I'm basing this solely on our stinking franchise DNA. If true to form, the odds of DRAFTING a QB that has a decent chance to evolve into being The Guy are virtually zero. So, we're left to figure out what veteran guy will be available as a replacement for Smith.

Yeah, I know this sucks, but the facts of the matter are that the Chiefs simply do not expend high draft picks on QBs......at least not for the past 34 stinking years.

Ergo, the question isn't about drafting Mahomes, Watson, Webb, Trubisky, etc., the question is whether we go after a vet QB like Cousins, Kaepernick, etc. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

Man, when you look at it from this angle, the prospects of finding a vet QB who could take us to the Promised Land appear staggeringly horrible.

One only hopes that somehow, someway, we are able to shed our heritage and try a "new" approach in addressing our QB position...can you say "Expend a high draft choice for an untried, unproven but oh so exciting QB prospect."

Hope springs eternal......

Bewbies 03-17-2017 11:16 AM

We could get another former 49ers QB now, but if we don't have to trade high draft picks for a guy who is no longer wanted KC is not interested. :)

RealSNR 03-17-2017 11:17 AM

I'll stick with shitty Alex Smith if it means trading for someone else's garbage yet again.

mcaj22 03-17-2017 11:18 AM

so what youre saying is AJ McCarron will be the new Chiefs QB after Alex

SAUTO 03-17-2017 11:18 AM

Go **** yourself

Dayze 03-17-2017 11:22 AM

I just saw the OP on the Lounge's page, read it, and replied "yep".

we've been looking at it wrong for years lol.

raybec 4 03-17-2017 11:22 AM

I don't buy into this "Franchise DNA" stuff. Previous regimes are dead and gone. The current regime really only missed on Carr. I believe if they see a guy who they feel good about and can make it happen they will.

BigBeauford 03-17-2017 11:24 AM

The odds of drafting anyone below round 3 who is worth a shit is practically zero. Regardless I still would like to see them give Bray some snaps at 2, just to see what he's got. My eyes tell me he has the arm strength, pocket awareness of when to release the ball, and the physical tools. Going on 4 years in this system, he has no excuses.

raybec 4 03-17-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 12787173)
The odds of drafting anyone below round 3 who is worth a shit is practically zero. Regardless I still would like to see them give Bray some snaps at 2, just to see what he's got. My eyes tell me he has the arm strength, pocket awareness of when to release the ball, and the physical tools. Going on 4 years in this system, he has no excuses.

We've said the no excuse line about Alex 2 years in a row before. They keep trotting him out there and some people keep making excuses for him. I want them to try something new and draft a future starter.

BigBeauford 03-17-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12787177)
We've said the no excuse line about Alex 2 years in a row before. They keep trotting him out there and some people keep making excuses for him. I want them to try something new and draft a future starter.

Sorry I meant no excuses for Bray. Alex was dead to me the moment I found out about the trade.

Eleazar 03-17-2017 11:31 AM

My main concern is Reid. He is this team's biggest weakness and probably the biggest roadblock to moving on from Smith.

DaFace 03-17-2017 11:31 AM

I honestly think that now is finally the time to draft someone and that we'll actually do it. I know history suggests otherwise, but Andy drafted plenty of QB's in Philly, and Alex's contract is up in a couple years.

It's now or never.

BigBeauford 03-17-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12787185)
I honestly think that now is finally the time to draft someone and that we'll actually do it. I know history suggests otherwise, but Andy drafted plenty of QB's in Philly, and Alex's contract is up in a couple years.

It's now or never.

I am ready for a trade back, and the biggest meltdown in history, followed by drafting Cooper Rush in the 6th.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2017 11:37 AM

http://i.imgur.com/uCBiMif.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-17-2017 11:38 AM

Bray, Murray, Hogan, Daniel, and Foles couldn't win the job. This year's draft points towards another grab round 3 or later. With how secure our roster is next year I'm betting on a round 1 pick.