ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Make Coaching Moves Official (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268775)

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9306666)
Well, yes.

Then...okay. **** him!

BANNERS UP!

O.city 01-11-2013 05:22 PM

Not excited at all about Warhop.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-11-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9306662)
LMAO

What's he gonna do? Come in right away and start trashing players?

Any time I hear or say Matt Cassel I get a little nuts. My apologies.

BradBigglestein 01-11-2013 05:23 PM

Don't listen to anything the Reid coaching tree says. They lie constantly about their intentions. They very rarely speak truthfully to the media, trust me. I've dealt with it for 14 years.

"My personally would clash with Terrell Owens, I can't see him coming here." Weeks later Owens is an Eagle.

"Donovan McNabb is my QB." A week later he is traded.

"Kevin Kolb is my QB." Weeks later he is benched for Vick.

Don't listen to Andy Reid or his coaches. They lie.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9306611)
**** you, Doug Pederson.

That would be:

MOTHER**** YOU DOUG PEDERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2013 05:52 PM

Not thrilled at all with the DC hiring, but we'll see.

siberian khatru 01-11-2013 05:56 PM

THAT'S STRIKE ONE, REID

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2013 05:57 PM

What's with all the Doug Pederson hate?

The guy was a backup in the league to Favre (two different stints), helped usher in the Donovan McNabb era in Philly and been entrenched in the WCO for more than 16 years as a player and coach. I saw him win a few games for Green Bay in the 90's and thought he was a solid backup QB.

Un-****ing-believable.

O.city 01-11-2013 05:57 PM

People wanted us to start the "Chiefs Way" . Pederson could be the first guy from our tree.

RustShack 01-11-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306755)
People wanted us to start the "Chiefs Way" . Pederson could be the first guy from our tree.

He probably will be the first HC from this staff and upcoming chiefs dynasty.

silver5liter 01-11-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9306754)

The guy was a backup in the league to Favre (two different stints), helped usher in the Donovan McNabb era in Philly and been entrenched in the WCO for more than 16 years as a player and coach. I saw him win a few games for Green Bay in the 90's and thought he was a solid backup QB.

Un-****ing-believable.

People dont like "no-name" hires. Im somewhat happy though. The big deal with Sutton is that Mangini probably had a big hand in the play calling there. So saying, when he was demoted the team was better, cant really be thrown on him.

Coogs 01-11-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9306586)
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride

New OC Doug Pederson said the Chiefs can be an "explosive" offense http://sbn.to/WYLsvK

The Chiefs new offensive coordinator has a big challenge in front of him: resurrect an offense that ranked last in the 2012 season.
Facebook
Twitter

It's very rare to hear the words "Chiefs offense" and "explosive" in the same sentence but the Chiefs new coordinator, Doug Pederson, did just that this afternoon in a conference call with the local media.

"I've studied [the Chiefs offense] last couple of days ever since coach Reid and I talked about coming in and I tell you what, it's talented a group. It can be an explosive group. There are some great weapons there on offense. Very similar to the circumstances we had in Philadelphia this past year."

By those circumstances, I assume he means an injured quarterback.

Hey, speaking of quarterback ... what about your next quarterback, Doug Pederson?

"I know what Matt Cassel has done in his past," Pederson said. "I know he was an 11-game winner in New England, he won 10 games for Kansas City in the AFC West. He's done some nice things."

[/Ignores the 2009, 2011 and 2012 seasons.]

"It's something we want to evaluate and study it hard this offseason," Pederson continued. "I want to look at that and see if the right guy is there on the roster. If we have to find someone to come in, we find someone to come in. But give our guys every chance to compete for that spot."

Based on his play over the last two seasons, that's probably not a competition Matt Cassel can win.

Might need to fire off a copy of the "Declaration of Gus" Thread to both Pederson and Ried. It will save them a lot of time.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Un-****ing-believable.

Don't know. I really like the hire and am excited to see what he can do.

ModSocks 01-11-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Un-****ing-believable.

Pederson is the only hire that is exciting. The rest is very meh.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9306765)
People dont like "no-name" hires. Im somewhat happy though.

I'll give Sutton the benefit of the doubt. Reid hasn't had much luck with defensive coordinators since Jim Johnson's passing, so he due for a little luck.

But Pederson? Come the **** on. How many THOUSANDS of times have I read on this forum that "The offensive coordinator and QB coach SHOULD BE FORMER PLAYERS!!!111111".

Yet when the Chiefs hire someone that fits that description, the morons bitch about.

JFC. I'm convinced half this forum was born with lady parts.