ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Damn I miss Dick Vermiel! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266413)

SAUTO 11-09-2012 06:20 PM

The pot dispensary
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan 11-09-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9101483)
That would be St. Louis.

And there's nothing incorrect with your post. John Shaw wanted him gone after his first two atrocious seasons in St. Louis. Only Georgia Frontiere's intervention saved his job.

For a year.

That doesn't mean much. John Shaw was a terrible football executive.

Frontiere's belief, I believe, was to give a coach 3 seasons. She told her kids to do that with Linehan.

LiveSteam 11-09-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9101481)
I ****ing hate Dick Vermeil. He led this franchise on its path to where it is currently.

Instead of drafting Drew Brees, he traded for a fragile Trent Green that lasted only 5 years. Instead of drafting BPA, they constantly reached for players that were busts. Instead of hiring competent defensive coordinators, he hired friends.

The drafts under Vermeil are the exact reason why the Chiefs have issues up and down the roster. He ****ing wasted everyone's time, while earning $4 million a year.

**** him.

I liked Dick. Although he was a strange man for sure. Great offensive mind.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-09-2012 06:44 PM

"Try my latest wine yet Mahi?"

displacedinMN 11-09-2012 06:48 PM

Vermeil was great.
Greg Robinson was the failure-EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
Denver, Syracuse, A and M, Michigan, KC

He was the reason we lost.
I will always believe that with a different DC, we win the superbowl.

DaneMcCloud 11-09-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9102203)
That doesn't mean much. John Shaw was a terrible football executive.

Frontiere's belief, I believe, was to give a coach 3 seasons. She told her kids to do that with Linehan.

LMAO

You're a ****ing moron.

Shaw was with the Rams for nearly 30 years and RAPED the Colts on the Dickerson trade. He was there when the Rams were in the 79 Super Bowl as well as the 1999 and 2002 Super Bowl.

JFC.

CLX 11-09-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9101545)
Who cares? The results have been exactly the same:

No playoff wins.

You hate Vermeil, so let that rest. Just how many playoff games have the Chiefs won in the past 40 years? I believe, I could be wrong now, but I don't think so, you can count them on one hand.

Hate Vermeil all you want, he had an offense, something we haven't seen since he left, outside of the one year that Weis was there. If they would have fired Haley and kept Weis maybe the team would have turned that corner. Haley was piss poor, Crennel is a likeable guy, but he doomed himself by making the same mistake Haley did, he thought he could be the HC and the DC at the same time. Can't happen, the team loses with a HC with split duties.

DaneMcCloud 11-09-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9102402)
You hate Vermeil, so let that rest. Just how many playoff games have the Chiefs won in the past 40 years? I believe, I could be wrong now, but I don't think so, you can count them on one hand.

Hate Vermeil all you want, he had an offense, something we haven't seen since he left, outside of the one year that Weis was there. If they would have fired Haley and kept Weis maybe the team would have turned that corner. Haley was piss poor, Crennel is a likeable guy, but he doomed himself by making the same mistake Haley did, he thought he could be the HC and the DC at the same time. Can't happen, the team loses with a HC with split duties.

Shut the **** up, n00b

SAUTO 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9102402)

go fist yourself. Bitch
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 11-09-2012 10:26 PM

I'd like to know the real reason Gunther was re-hired as the teams DC.

Its not like he was a Dick Vermiel hire and after the whole internet firing from Carl Peterson, it probably wasn't his call either. That decision right there probably kept the 2003 and 2005 Chiefs teams from being superbowl contenders. Id like to know who I owe a big old kick in the balls to.

GloryDayz 11-09-2012 10:31 PM

LOL, the diaper comments that made running backs who came within mere yards of setting records in KC, behind O-lines that were far worse than those who set KC records, will be missed. I'll never forget sitting in Arrowhead with my son while Manning and the Colts were only stopped by the clock at the end of the 1st half and ended a great season with a loss! Yeah, his tears when the ass-clown who engineered the only only-one-drive-didn't-end up-in-the-other-team-scoring game I've ever seen being fired were awesome... But he has wine to sell that's just AWESOME!

Other than that, he wasn't stupid!

DaneMcCloud 11-09-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9102627)
I'd like to know the real reason Gunther was re-hired as the teams DC.

Guilt.

Peterson felt bad that he fired Gunther but there was no way he was going to allow his best friend to coach elsewhere in 2001.

MOhillbilly 11-09-2012 10:44 PM

Dick and the king got in front of the cameras after the 03' season and told the fans that the team was fine and they weren't going to address the defense. **** them.

bobbything 11-09-2012 11:15 PM

Lo'fing L at you Vermieil haters. They made no bones about what they were about. They said "We're gonna make a 3 year run at this." They had a shot in 2003. That was their big year. Everyone knew it. If you didn't, your fault.

I don't see how anyone can criticize Vermeil in the draft. They sold out for free agency. That was their draft. They had no intention of drafting well.

This regime, it's garbage. It's horrendous. I've never seen a regime draft as poorly as Vermeil and acquire leftovers Iike Steadman.

Pioli should go down in the annals of football history as one of the worst GMs in history. Easily the worst Chiefs GM.

Phobia 11-09-2012 11:18 PM

I have shed more tears over the Chiefs just this year than DV shed his entire tenure in KC.