ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prisco's Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138963)

nychief 04-14-2006 04:59 PM

Prisco's Mock Draft

1. Houston Texans
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Reggie Bush, RB, USC: His Pro Day workout solidified his status as the top pick. There should not have been any doubts before that anyway. This kid can be in the Barry Sanders mold of breakaway runners.

2. New Orleans Saints
NFL TEAM HELMETS
A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State: They will try to trade out of this spot to a team wanting a quarterback, but if they are stuck the choice it will likely be between North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams and Hawk. The value is there on Williams, but they have Charles Grant and Will Smith. How many ends do you need? Hawk makes more sense.

3. Tennessee Titans
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Matt Leinart, QB, USC: With Steve McNair possibly out this year -- and definitely on his last legs if he's not -- they have to get a guy to build this team around. Leinart is the more polished of the three quarterbacks.

4. N.Y. Jets
NFL TEAM HELMETS
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T, Virginia: They have Chad Pennington and they acquired Patrick Ramsey, so they don't need a quarterback. It will be tempting to take one, but they need line help in the worst way. Ferguson is the pick.

5. Green Bay Packers
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State: This is the next Julius Peppers. The Packers would love to see him fall here.

6. San Francisco 49ers
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland: This is a team that struggled to score last year. Getting a dynamic playmaker like Davis will help Alex Smith.

7. Oakland Raiders
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon: The Raiders need somebody in the middle of their line to help play the run. Ngata makes way too much sense here. They pass on a quarterback.

8. Buffalo Bills
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt: They signed Craig Nall, but is he the long-term answer? The Bills have to find their next Jim Kelly. It starts by taking Cutler.

9. Detroit Lions
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Michael Huff, CB-S, Texas: The Lions need help on the corner, and Huff is the best of this class. Some teams like him at safety, but he plays corner for the Lions.

10. Arizona Cardinals
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Winston Justice, T, USC: Coach Dennis Green wants to win now, which is why he passes on Vince Young. Justice is a player who will start at tackle from the open of the season.

11. St. Louis Rams
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech: The Rams need help at the corner in the worst way. Williams is big and physical and has some nice cover skills.

12. Cleveland Browns
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Broderick Bunkley, DT, Florida State: He will play end in the Browns' 3-4 scheme. This kid has a ton of ability and would upgrade the run defense in a big way playing next to Ted Washington.

13. Baltimore Ravens
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Vince Young, QB, Texas: This pick won't help Brian Billick, but Ozzie Newsome will do it for the long-term success of the franchise. Young is too much value here to pass.

14. Philadelphia Eagles
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State: He has the speed to excel in Jim Johnson's attacking defense. Sims will be an immediate starter. They pass on a receiver to take him here.

15. Denver Broncos (from Atlanta)
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Chad Jackson, WR, Florida: The Broncos need deep speed, and Jackson has that. He will take over for Rod Smith in a year as their go-to guy.

16. Miami Dolphins
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Marcus McNeil, T, Auburn: The Dolphins need to upgrade that offensive line to protect Daunte Culpepper. McNeil is a prototype right tackle, although some scouts think he can go to the left side.

17. Minnesota Vikings
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Tye Hill, CB, Clemson: The Vikings lost corner Brian Williams to the Jaguars, so they take a young cover player to be their nickel corner.

18. Dallas Cowboys
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Jason Allen, S, Tennessee: He hurt his hip last year, but he's completely recovered and has showed well in his workouts. This kid is a player when he's on the field.

19. San Diego Chargers
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State: The Chargers need some speed outside and Keenan McCardell isn't a kid anymore. Holmes can fly.

20. Kansas City Chiefs
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State: Sammy Knight and Greg Wesley don't run all that well. This kid does. This is a good fit.

21. New England Patriots
NFL TEAM HELMETS
DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis: Corey Dillon had a drop in production last year and he isn't a kid anymore. The Patriots have to run the ball better.

22. Denver Broncos (from Washington)
NFL TEAM HELMETS
LenDale White, RB, USC: The Broncos lost Mike Anderson, so they take another big back here. White is from Denver, so they get the hometown kid.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Eric Winston, T, Miami: Some projected this kid as a top 10 pick before he blew out his knee two years ago. He's getting back close to 100 percent, so the Bucs take him and put him in at left tackle.

24. Cincinnati Bengals
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Thomas Howard, LB, UTEP: This kid can run and the Bengals want more speed at their outside linebacker spot. There is talk he can move to safety, too.

25. N.Y. Giants
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State: They lost Will Allen in free agency and Sam Madison is only a short-term solution. Cromartie would have been a top 10 pick if he didn't blow out his knee last summer.

26. Chicago Bears
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA: The Bears need to find a weapon in the middle of the field, and this kid is it. He is tall at 6-6 and he has the ability to get open down the field. Incumbent Desmond Clark is just average.

27. Carolina Panthers
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota: They can't believe he fell to them, but they're thrilled he did. He gives the Panthers nice insurance in case DeShaun Foster gets hurt again.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia: The Jaguars need a weapon in the middle of the field and Pope can provide that. He will help open things up outside for the young receivers.

29. N.Y. Jets (from Denver)
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Kamerion Wimbley, DE-OLB, Florida State: His stock is rising and that's because he's a heck of a pass rusher. With John Abraham gone, the Jets take his replacement.

30. Indianapolis Colts
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina: The Colts might be willing to move Marlin Jackson inside to safety if they can get a quality cover corner. Joseph would help that become a reality.

31. Seattle Seahawks
NFL TEAM HELMETS
Deuce Lutui, G, USC: He can take over as the starter for the departed Steve Hutchinson. This kid will be a Pro Bowl player in two years, no matter where he goes.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers
Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State: They know the line is what butters the bread and they take this kid as the eventual replacement for Jeff Hartings at center.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-14-2006 05:01 PM

Prisco is a fucking moron.

htismaqe 04-14-2006 05:08 PM

Whitner would be a great fit if we were going to run Gunther's defense of the 90's. He's a hitter and can attack the line of scrimmage.

He's not nearly as good of a fit for the Cover 2.

CoMoChief 04-14-2006 05:10 PM

Yeah Prisco is a ****job. I would just about take anyone that was drafted after our mock pick in the first round.

ChiefsCountry 04-14-2006 05:21 PM

Typical Prisco.

beer bacon 04-14-2006 05:31 PM

That is a really horrible pick for us in the 1st, and it is way too high for Whitner. I think Prisco has the inside track with Carl. Can Whitner play CB?

nychief 04-14-2006 05:34 PM

Everything I have read says Whither is a tweener. Just what we need.

htismaqe 04-14-2006 05:56 PM

Whitner is not a tweener. He's a true safety, but he's more of an attacker than coverage guy.

And 20 is definitely not too high. He could go mid 1st round...

beer bacon 04-14-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Whitner is not a tweener. He's a true safety, but he's more of an attacker than coverage guy.

Where has he been projected to go mid 1st? I probably don't keep up with the draft near as much as you, but I haven't seen any speculation about him going that high.

nychief 04-14-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

I am sure you know more about him than I do... but this is what I have read:

Weaknesses:
A bit of a S / CB 'tweener who might not have a true pro position...Lacks elite size at safety...Has played a lot but only started for one season...Has the physical abilities of a cornerback but is not quite as good in coverage as his measurables might indicate...Dealt with some minor injuries and durability might be a concern.

Notes:
Was considered one of the top defensive backs in the country when he was coming out of high school...Has the physical tools...Interesting prospect who could realistically project to free safety, strong safety or cornerback at the next level.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...tewhitner.html

Whitner is an interesting prospect. He is an excellent safety, and could have an immediate impact at that position. But, he may also have the talent to project as a cornerback for some teams, but he will need a lot of work to make that move. I believe he projects best at free safety, but will be a standout at either safety spot. This is a deep safety class, but Whitner is as good as any of them. He has an outside shot at landing in the Top 50 despite all the talent in this safety class.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/...e_whitner.html

htismaqe 04-14-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
Where has he been projected to go mid 1st? I probably don't keep up with the draft near as much as you, but I haven't seen any speculation about him going that high.

I've heard a couple of people talk about him maybe going to the Cowboys at 18. Here's one:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

htismaqe 04-14-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
I am sure you know more about him than I do... but this is what I have read:

Weaknesses:
A bit of a S / CB 'tweener who might not have a true pro position...Lacks elite size at safety...Has played a lot but only started for one season...Has the physical abilities of a cornerback but is not quite as good in coverage as his measurables might indicate...Dealt with some minor injuries and durability might be a concern.

Notes:
Was considered one of the top defensive backs in the country when he was coming out of high school...Has the physical tools...Interesting prospect who could realistically project to free safety, strong safety or cornerback at the next level.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...tewhitner.html

Whitner is an interesting prospect. He is an excellent safety, and could have an immediate impact at that position. But, he may also have the talent to project as a cornerback for some teams, but he will need a lot of work to make that move. I believe he projects best at free safety, but will be a standout at either safety spot. This is a deep safety class, but Whitner is as good as any of them. He has an outside shot at landing in the Top 50 despite all the talent in this safety class.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/...e_whitner.html

Being super fast and having fluid hips doesn't make him a tweener. It makes him a superb safety who might have the tools to play CB.

nychief 04-14-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Being super fast and having fluid hips doesn't make him a tweener. It makes him a superb safety who might have the tools to play CB.

who are you? His Agent? Or justa buckeye fan?

beer bacon 04-14-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

I've heard a couple of people talk about him maybe going to the Cowboys at 18. Here's one:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

I really have anger issues when it comes to mock drafts. That draft has us grabbing Jonathan Joseph then has Jimmy Williams, Wimbley, and Gabe Watson going 23-25. Hell, they have Lawson, Kiwi, AND Hali still on the board after the 1st round. Why does this make me so angry :mad:

I get more and more sick of the 3-4 defense the more and more I read about the draft. The same thing happened last season. Every single speed rusher is all of a sudden a 3-4 OLB.

TRR 04-14-2006 08:00 PM

I think I'll hang myself if KC takes a Safety in round 1. There isn't a Shawn Taylor type safety in the draft IMHO.