ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs @nfldraftscout (Matt Miller) will be on 610 from 1-2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269046)

Saccopoo 01-18-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9331874)
You know better than this, bro.

The top quarterback prospects ALWAYS bypass throwing at the combine. It's for multiple reasons...

1) they would be throwing to receivers they have spent only a day or two with and have no timing with and if their passes hit the ground, that marks against them, sometimes unfairly.

2) they want to throw at their proday because it not only helps them by throwing to familiar players, but it also gets their teammates more exposure to gms and scouts.

3) their agents advise against it because there is NOTHING to gain and EVERYTHING to lose.

Mark Sanchez was the only top QB that I can remember that threw at the combine....I'm not sure I remember any of the previous first overall quarterbacks doing so.

Cam Newton threw at the combine and looked like complete shit when he did. I've never seen a QB throw that poorly there ever and he went #1 in the Draft.

SAUTO 01-18-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9331935)
Yes, I understand why QB's projected to go #1 or #2 overall don't throw at the Combines.

But outside of this forum and a few ****ing dumbasses with websites, he's not the #1 overall pick and in some cases, isn't in the first round.

I do not understand what he gains by not throwing. If anything, it'll make the QB picture even more clouded, make scouts and GM's dig even deeper for flaws and puts an enormous amount of pressure on him to perform at his Pro Day.

Do you believe the first round will go by without a quarterback taken?
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief 01-18-2013 11:57 PM

I don't know why so many of you guys get so worked up about opinions before the combine. We aren't going to know shit until March.

HolyHat 01-19-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9332160)
I don't know why so many of you guys get so worked up about opinions before the combine. We aren't going to know shit until March.

Who the **** is worked up? god damnit ****ing shit **** damn ****ing ass **** and **** all over the ****ing counter mother ****er

I'm not!

DaneMcCloud 01-19-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9332042)
Do you believe the first round will go by without a quarterback taken?
Posted via Mobile Device

I honestly have absolutely no idea.

Does anyone, at this point?

DaneMcCloud 01-19-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9332160)

Because a faction of Chiefsplanet has decided that even if the 28th best overall player in the 2013 NFL Draft is a QB, then the Chiefs MUST take him #1 overall.

Also, there is no way that the best QB in the draft ISN'T worth at least the 12th pick in the draft, therefore, he should be taken #1 overall.

Basically, if Dan McGuire is available, TAKE HIM.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 12:43 AM

This guy really said Joeckel was the best tackle he'd ever seen? LMAO

How can you say that on national airwaves?

Hammock Parties 01-19-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9331041)
imagine the ****ing tears if we were looking at a QB from Delaware this year, whose biggest win was against Delaware State...

jesus, the "he's not good enough, wait till next year" crowd would lose their worthless shit....

It's not just Flacco either.

I keep pounding it home: Cam Newton had ONE 3,000-yard passing season in college.

BossChief 01-19-2013 12:48 AM

Joeckel is pretty good. The kid can move and has really good hands.

The thing is, he is basically the same type of prospect Albert was...so, why let Albert go and draft this kid when we have the worst quarterback situation in the whole league?

That just doesn't make sense.

Sorter 01-19-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9332242)

The thing is, he is basically the same type of prospect Albert was...so, why let Albert go and draft this kid when we have the worst quarterback situation in the whole league?

Yup. And this isn't a draft IMO that is going to be littered with guys that have issues but talent like last year in Assweiler, Wilson, Foles, etc.

You've Dysert, Manuel, and that's about it IMO. All the other QBs are going in the 1st.

DaneMcCloud 01-19-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9332242)

Because they have a 5 year lease on life and aren't constricted to taking a QB they don't like #1 overall?

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331233)
If we don't pic Geno, would you change it to "lover" instead of Geno?

I'll change it to "**** Yo' Mama".

Rambozo 01-22-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9341205)
I'll change it to "**** Yo' Mama".

Cool... LMAO

Titty Meat 01-22-2013 11:42 AM

The thing about albert is we dont know how bad his back is. It could be another Kyle Turley

HolyHat 01-22-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9341253)
The thing about albert is we dont know how bad his back is. It could be another Kyle Turley

He will be fine for another year or 2, tighten your belt Nancy. Block somebody!