ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

The Franchise 07-16-2012 05:59 PM

Thank you Netflix. I'm 6 episodes deep into Season 4. By the time I get back into town....my DVDs will be here and I should be able to catch up by around the 2nd-3rd episode of Season 5.

KcMizzou 07-16-2012 08:07 PM

I don't know that it matters so much now that we know how much BB we have left, but this is interesting.

Quote:

More and more people are able to tell you they watch Breaking Bad now
by Sean O'Neal July 16, 2012

Proving that a cult basic-cable underdog can eventually find ratings success through the simple grassroots effort of everyone talking about it, all the time, everywhere, Breaking Bad continues to grow its audience, with the fifth-season premiere scoring 2.9 million viewers—a 14-percent improvement over last year's debut, which was itself a 30-percent uptick over the previous year, and so on. The show also saw a 34-percent rise in adults who can now finally have conversations with their coworkers today, such as talking about this Hollywood Reporter profile that says AMC originally wanted Matthew Broderick or John Cusack before recognizing the valuable additive properties of Cranston, and how wrong that would have been. Anyway, as Entertainment Weekly notes, it's unusual for a heavily serialized show to actually gain viewers as it goes on. But in addition to it garnering so much critical acclaim and reaping plenty of awards, analysts believe that its unpredictable increase in popularity can be directly attributed to that time you put "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS" as your Facebook status.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/more-...hey-wat,82520/

notorious 07-16-2012 08:29 PM

JFC, Broderick or Cusack would have killed this show.

Thank God they got the right guy.

KcMizzou 07-16-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8746139)
JFC, Broderick or Cusack would have killed this show.

Thank God they got the right guy.

Yeah, how bad would that have been? That said, before I'd ever seen an episode, if you'd told me "the dad from 'Malcom in the Middle'", well... you know.

-King- 07-16-2012 09:14 PM

Just watched it. Pretty amazing start.

Ted: I will....never....breathe one word of this..

Skyler: Good

ROFL She's such a bitch.

KcMizzou 07-16-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8746310)
Just watched it. Pretty amazing start.

Ted: I will....never....breathe one word of this..

Skyler: Good

ROFL She's such a bitch.

I think the big line was, "I forgive you."

Holy shit Walt, really?

He's the boss now, and he's giving Skylar a pass. She'd better not **** up again.

-King- 07-16-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8746327)
I think the big line was, "I forgive you."

Holy shit Walt, really?

For some reason, I knew he was going to say something asshole-ish. Especially after his convo with Saul. I didn't expect Skyler to say that to Ted though. The maniac gene is wearing off.

KcMizzou 07-16-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8746336)
For some reason, I knew he was going to say something asshole-ish. Especially after his convo with Saul. I didn't expect Skyler to say that to Ted though. The maniac gene is wearing off.

In that one scene she goes from being genuinely concerned for Ted... to... something else. Ted's fear changes her whole reason for being there. And after he says he'll never breathe a word of it, all she can say is "Good.".

I loved that scene.

KcMizzou 07-16-2012 09:28 PM

Skylar's now honestly afraid of what her husband has become. The lengths he'll go to, etc. But she also kinda gets off on the power.

cosmo20002 07-16-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8744562)
I've read somewhere that supposedly this season he just goes full on hard ass criminal. guess it's started....

loved bizarro Kramer being magnet man

watched it today on AMC since Dish SUCKS!
they gonna screw up my zombies too! dammit.

Was also in season one. Had a great scene where he argued with Hank about the legalities of entering the RV/meth lab, which was located in the junkyard, without a warrant.

cosmo20002 07-16-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8744592)
The lines I took the most from were the parts where Jesse says stuff like, 'He knows what he's doing," and "Give him a chance." And how Mike was telling Jesse he needs to get away. They don't do that for no reason on the show. Not that we don't know there's an inevitable conflict between Jesse and Walt, but it was very deliberate.

Jessie's probably dead by the end of the series. The continuation of Walt's downward spiral probably means he's going to "have to" kill someone close to him. Jessie? Hank?

KcMizzou 07-16-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 8746704)
Jessie's probably dead by the end of the series. The continuation of Walt's downward spiral probably means he's going to "have to" kill someone close to him. Jessie? Hank?

Maybe Walt does take out Hank. I could see that. But in the end, Jesse takes out Walt, and takes over as "The Man". Heads down that same dark road Walt did.

That's how I'd write it.

cosmo20002 07-16-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8746727)
Maybe Walt does take out Hank. I could see that. But in the end, Jesse takes out Walt, and takes over as "The Man". Heads down that same dark road Walt did.

That's how I'd write it.

That's reasonable. We'll also have to find out why Walt was where he was in the opening scene. Judging from his appearance, it was a flash-forward that won't happen until the end of this season, or maybe even next season.

Jawshco 07-17-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8746727)

That's how I'd write it.

I still want Walt to have some sort of redemption and find that perfect moment to die that he was wanting. Having him die of cancer after all the crazy & dangerous crap he's done may be too obvious, but I like that ending. I have a horrible felling that his whole family and Jesse will die and Walt will be left as the only alive in a kind of drug lord purgatory. Because he's no longer afraid to die-- he lives whether he wants to or not.

blaise 07-17-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 8746704)

I think the gun he got out of the trunk has to be for Jesse or Hank.