ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC Sporting Kansas City are chokers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266345)

Hammock Parties 11-08-2012 01:00 AM

Sporting Kansas City are chokers

ROFL

Suck it, Zach.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/07...-from-mls.html

Sporting KC eliminated from MLS playoffs

Quote:

Sporting KC dominated — outshooting the Dynamo 20-3, including 13 attempts from inside the penalty area to go with a 5-0 edge on corner kicks, a 31-1 edge on open-play crosses and 71.4 percent of possession.

Manager Peter Vermes referred to it as perhaps the club’s finest performance in his three-year tenure as coach, but it wasn’t enough to overcome a two-goal deficit from the first leg as Houston advanced 2-1 on aggregate.

For all that dominance, Sporting KC, which won the Eastern Conference regular-season championship for the second straight season, only managed one goal — Seth Sinovic’s picturesque diving header in the 64th minute, which re-energized the crowd of 20,894 — as the Dynamo ended another promising season short of the MLS Cup final.
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...k.SlMa.81.jpeg

RealSNR 11-08-2012 01:02 AM

SKC going through their Marty Schottenheimer years.

Still better than anything in KC sports outside of Jayhawk basketball

RunKC 11-08-2012 01:03 AM

Can't really diss them. Their organization is the epitome of what Royals and Chiefs fans dream of.

SPchief 11-08-2012 01:09 AM

Gochiefs is becoming denise

Simply Red 11-08-2012 01:17 AM

http://i.imgur.com/uscd3.jpg

RealSNR 11-08-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 9097698)
Gochiefs is trolling denise

FYP.

Honestly, as soon as that **** started talking about SKC I started to say, "Okay, enough. I no longer give a shit about them."

Simply Red 11-08-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9097711)
FYP.

Honestly, as soon as that **** started talking about SKC I started to say, "Okay, enough. I no longer give a shit about them."

http://i.imgur.com/uscd3.jpg

RealSNR 11-08-2012 01:52 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...0v1do1_400.gif

BlackHelicopters 11-08-2012 07:09 AM

Soccer?

TLO 11-08-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9097726)

Meow

loochy 11-08-2012 07:19 AM

So why is it that any time any team loses a playoff game they are called chokers? No, they just lost. It happens.

Dartgod 11-08-2012 07:20 AM

I don't follow them too much, but what in the **** is the deal with that playoff format? There's no home field advantage it seems.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-08-2012 07:26 AM

Lameass playoff format if you ask me....Wow

Hammock Parties 11-08-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9097809)
So why is it that any time any team loses a playoff game they are called chokers? No, they just lost. It happens.

They were the best team in the regular season.

This is the equivalent of the 13-3 Chiefs blowing it all twice in the 90s.

Choking bitches.

RockChalk 11-08-2012 07:31 AM

Dude, you're just now starting to understand the game of football and have recently had a few solid takes regarding the Chiefs/NFL.

Don't even attempt to dive into soccer, because it took you nearly 10 years on this board to understand football. At that rate, it will take you 20+ to understand soccer, and even that's a generous prediction.

Stick to gifs, anti-Pioli propaganda, and football.

Imon Yourside 11-08-2012 07:45 AM

Is this part of Carls 4 year plan?

Reaper16 11-08-2012 07:53 AM

Vermes, the manager? Yeah, he choked. They players didn't, though. We could walk you through the tactics of the SKC v Houston matchup, but I know you're not actually interested.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9097843)
Vermes, the manager? Yeah, he choked. They players didn't, though. We could walk you through the tactics of the SKC v Houston matchup, but I know you're not actually interested.

Vermes is Kinnear's bitch. It would be hilarious to watch if it didn't mean that the team got dragged down with him in the process.

Oh, and only in Chiefs fandom would it be kosher for fans of a 1-7 last place team, who has never held a lead in a single game all season, to be LOLing at a team losing in the PLAYOFFS.

I'll take conference winning, playoff attending, tournament champion chokers any day...

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 08:15 AM

heh, gotta love it when the "I told ya So's" come out to rub it in.

Yea, they didnt win the title, but the important thing is they are winners and have built a clear trust and solid relationship with their fanbase.

Something Royals and Chiefs fans like me can only dream about........

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9097877)
heh, gotta love it when the "I told ya So's" come out to rub it in.

Yea, they didnt win the title, but the important thing is they are winners and have built a clear trust and solid relationship with their fanbase.

Something Royals and Chiefs fans like me can only dream about........

This.

Dartgod 11-08-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9097889)

How ironic is this?

****ing traitor.

kgrund 11-08-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9097871)
Vermes is Kinnear's bitch. It would be hilarious to watch if it didn't mean that the team got dragged down with him in the process.

Oh, and only in Chiefs fandom would it be kosher for fans of a 1-7 last place team, who has never held a lead in a single game all season, to be LOLing at a team losing in the PLAYOFFS.

I'll take conference winning, playoff attending, tournament champion chokers any day...

At the end of day who cares. It is just soccer.

Saulbadguy 11-08-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 9097929)

2 posts in 1 year. Heh.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

At the end of the day it's just sports. Who cares about any of it? Those who have a passion for them and live and breath them do. I am proud to be one of them.

loochy 11-08-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Who cares? People that follow the team care.

It's just like how people care about the Chiefs (or the Broncos or whoever). The only difference is that the number of followers is smaller.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9097952)
Who cares? People that follow the team care.

It's just like how people care about the Chiefs (or the Broncos or whoever). The only difference is that the number of followers is smaller.

In this town and country. Not worldwide. :D

loochy 11-08-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9097957)
In this town and country. Not worldwide. :D

It's been clearly demonstrated that anti-soccer folks don't care about the number of international supporters so I never even touch that argument.

Old Dog 11-08-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9097877)
Yea, they didnt win the title, but the important thing.....

I'm not a "soccer hater" but that's a BS statement.

Winning titles IS the important thing. Unless you're saying it's OK to just get to the playoffs.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9097960)

Winning titles IS the important thing. Unless you're saying it's OK to just get to the playoffs.

Well, SKC DID win a title this year and it was one they'd set as a top priority in order to get into CONCACAF next year. So while they did not win the MLS title or both titles they were champions of an important tournament this year.

More importantly, they sold out all but one game (early March really cold) and they won the conference during regular season play again for the second year in a row.

While they fell short again of the MLS title, their trajectory is upward and they can no way hang their heads for a bad season. They picked a terrible time to have a horrible game on Sunday but that can't erase all the goals they set and achieved. They aren't taking baby steps towards meeting their goals, they are taking giant leaps. :clap::clap::clap:

memyselfI 11-08-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9097959)
It's been clearly demonstrated that anti-soccer folks don't care about the number of international supporters so I never even touch that argument.

I know but mine was a factual statement that they can ignore or reject all they want. Doesn't make it not true. :D:D:D

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9097960)

Of course winning a title is the most important thing. Your right.

But would you rather have a loser every year, (like the Royals for 20 years and the Chiefs since 2007) or a team that competes in the playoffs every year?

DMAC 11-08-2012 09:16 AM

They choked down in Houston. That was pathetic.

kgrund 11-08-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9098009)
I know but mine was a factual statement that they can ignore or reject all they want. Doesn't make it not true. :D:D:D

Loochy is absolutely right here. Why would we care what Euro trash and third world countries love. Does not make it any more legit in our eyes. I think the Sporting should be congratulated for an excellent season and people on this board should not wallow in their failure. But at the same time to gloat over the Sporting success over the Chiefs current failures in akin to a University sucking in football, but their fans coming back to other fans harassing them with "yeah, but our women's volleyball team rocks". They are just not on the same level within the American sports world if you get my drift.

DaFace 11-08-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9097809)

This.

DMAC 11-08-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9098030)
This.

Yeah but down in Houston, they played like SHIIIIT.

It looked like the rec leagues I play in. No control.

morphius 11-08-2012 09:29 AM

I don't know, last year they won their first playoff set, so I'm not going to get too upset about losing to a team in the playoffs that we never seem to win against.

memyselfI 11-08-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 9098020)
Loochy is absolutely right here. Why would we care what Euro trash and third world countries love. Does not make it any more legit in our eyes. I think the Sporting should be congratulated for an excellent season and people on this board should not wallow in their failure. But at the same time to gloat over the Sporting success over the Chiefs current failures in akin to a University sucking in football, but their fans coming back to other fans harassing them with "yeah, but our women's volleyball team rocks". They are just not on the same level within the American sports world if you get my drift.

Not yet. It's all happening though.

Bearcat 11-08-2012 09:34 AM

They lost a road game and then dominated last night at home and won... damn chokers. :spock:

carlos3652 11-08-2012 09:39 AM

If sporting actually had strikers - the game yesterday would have been 4-0 at least... we dont have any.

Old Dog 11-08-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9098012)
But would you rather have a loser every year, (like the Royals for 20 years and the Chiefs since 2007) or a team that competes in the playoffs every year?

That wasn't the basis of your statement with which I disagreed. I'm not trying to argue or insult you (not saying you are either). Of course one would rather be one of the top teams in the league year in and year out, but without championships it really doesn't matter much IMO, much like the Chiefs in 2010 when they won the AFC West.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-08-2012 09:42 AM

A Chiefs fan started this thread. Brilliant.

morphius 11-08-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9098074)

and I think he is also a Rangers fan, which is also a team that hasn't won a championship.

gblowfish 11-08-2012 10:06 AM

I hate soccer. A lot.

Graystoke 11-08-2012 10:10 AM

I keep reading that Sporting Kansas City are Hookers....oh Yeah

Dartgod 11-08-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9098074)

And a former Chiefs fan who became a Raider fan is citing "Loyalty" in reference to her soccer fandom.

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:19 AM

Incredible season. Had a blast.

US Open Cup Champions. Qualified for CONCACAF Champions League. Franchise record wins.

They will be right at the top next year bringing it again. This season was a joy even with the tough finish.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...89968290_n.jpg

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9097818)
They were the best team in the regular season.

This is the equivalent of the 13-3 Chiefs blowing it all twice in the 90s.

Choking bitches.

They were the best team in their conference. If they were the best team in the regular season they would have won the supporters shield. They came in 2nd on points.

swayy07 11-08-2012 10:23 AM

wasn't really a choke job they lost 2-1 on agg because they had a crappy game in Houston, and im not making excuses they missed some wide open shots last night but there where a few questionable calls by the ref inside Houston's box tho. still no excuse should have finished them.

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 9098146)
wasn't really a choke job they lost 2-1 on agg because they had a crappy game in Houston, and im not making excuses they missed some wide open shots last night but there where a few questionable calls by the ref inside Houston's box tho. still no excuse should have finished them.

Yup. I was in Houston. That second goal changed everything.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-08-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 9098146)

That was a foul on Chance Myers that should have resulted in a penalty kick. There is no questioning that. The ref swallowed his whistle because he didn't want to be the one to decide the outcome of the game. We're staring at a whole lot of possibilities, were that call actually made.

|Zach| 11-08-2012 10:32 AM

Robb is already in talks with strikers. This team will be strongly supplemented for next year.

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-08-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098165)
Robb is already in talks with strikers. This team will be strongly supplemented for next year.

Absolute music to our(my) ears.

RockChalk 11-08-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098136)

US Open Cup Champions. Qualified for CONCACAF Champions League. Franchise record wins.

They will be right at the top next year bringing it again. This season was a joy even with the tough finish.

Is this you? Saw you interviewed by my friend Kristin on pregame last night

Pilsner 11-08-2012 11:38 AM

Can someone explain the two game goal aggregate format to me? Is this type of playoff common around the world? Is there any interest in a non-aggregate based system?

I see both 1 seeded teams lost in their first rounds of play. How much of a homefield advantage is really conferred by the current format?

Titty Meat 11-08-2012 12:48 PM

Is Zach the SKC mascot?

|Zach| 11-08-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilsner (Post 9098322)
Can someone explain the two game goal aggregate format to me? Is this type of playoff common around the world? Is there any interest in a non-aggregate based system?

I see both 1 seeded teams lost in their first rounds of play. How much of a homefield advantage is really conferred by the current format?

It is common around the world for many tournaments. Though not the only way to go about things. There are also variations of it.

|Zach| 11-08-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9098478)
Is Zach the SKC mascot?

LMAO

Nah just very involved on multiple levels. My studio does marketing photography for the organization I am also very involved the Cauldron...the independent supports group of Sporting Kansas City.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098624)
LMAO

Nah just very involved on multiple levels. My studio does marketing photography for the organization I am also very involved the Cauldron...the independent supports group of Sporting Kansas City.

Do you still consider yourself a Chiefs and Royals fan? Or has the losing drained on you too much?

|Zach| 11-08-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9098636)
Do you still consider yourself a Chiefs and Royals fan? Or has the losing drained on you too much?

I have never really big that big of Royals fan. I wish them well and go to a lot of games but baseball has never really been my thing.

I grew up with and love the Chiefs. Football is the game I love its what I played...its my sport. I don't know where I am with the Chiefs but my feelings are not only about the Chiefs. I don't really love the direction of the NFL as a whole. It feels kind of lifeless and sanitized to me. Even before the Chiefs started being really shitty I found myself caring less and less about non Chiefs NFL games and that has only grown. Though its not a football thing because I still love NCAA football. On top of that you have how awful the Chiefs have been and how toxic and not fun the atmosphere in the stadium is.

I don't know how to answer your question because I think I am still figuring that out. It is really really hard to reconcile the current tone deaf and failed management of the organization with the childhood mystique of what I want it to be. Being a fan of Sporting has made that contrast so much bigger.

Ceej 11-08-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9098478)
Is Zach the SKC mascot?

The Sporting KC Ginger Lumberjacks?

|Zach| 11-08-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9098704)
The Sporting KC Ginger Lumberjacks?

Nah. Yukon Cornelius.

ROFL

http://www.thecimmerian.com/wp-conte...cu_shocked.jpg

Predarat 11-08-2012 02:09 PM

Enzo DiPede frowns upon this thread.

carlos3652 11-08-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098165)

They need to be - CONCACAF and Season failure if there is no depth again -

You need basically 15-18 players that can be interchangeable with the schedule that is coming and to be strong down the stretch as well as playoff time.

Having 5 strong available subs off the bench is a must. Vs Houston - we had -1

Nagamura needs to at most come off the bench - he is not a starter... and we need strikers yesterday...

We also need at least 2 more strong defenders to come off the bench and the midfield without Espinoza will need a workhorse player to replace... as well as an ageing JC... If we could steal a Mascherano or Gago type midfielder this team would be golden... and strong subs lol.. and 2 more strong strikers...

Rob has a lot of work to do in my opinion...

|Zach| 11-08-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 9098760)
They need to be - CONCACAF and Season failure if there is no depth again -

You need basically 15-18 players that can be interchangeable with the schedule that is coming and to be strong down the stretch as well as playoff time.

Having 5 strong available subs off the bench is a must. Vs Houston - we had -1

Nagamura needs to at most come off the bench - he is not a starter... and we need strikers yesterday...

We also need at least 2 more strong defenders to come off the bench and the midfield without Espinoza will need a workhorse player to replace... as well as an ageing JC... If we could steal a Mascherano or Gago type midfielder this team would be golden... and strong subs lol.. and 2 more strong strikers...

Rob has a lot of work to do in my opinion...

Yea, that doesn't exist.

Rausch 11-08-2012 02:29 PM

I was out once Lalas shaved...

|Zach| 11-08-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9098819)
I was out once Lalas shaved...

Neverrrrr

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...43651382_n.jpg

Rausch 11-08-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098839)

I know that's not you.

Still, no longer rocking teh Pharaoh patch I feel unworthy of greeting the great Lalas.

Ceej 11-08-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098731)

LMAO

I'm glad you have a sense of humor.

The beard is pretty legit.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098653)
I have never really big that big of Royals fan. I wish them well and go to a lot of games but baseball has never really been my thing.

I grew up with and love the Chiefs. Football is the game I love its what I played...its my sport. I don't know where I am with the Chiefs but my feelings are not only about the Chiefs. I don't really love the direction of the NFL as a whole. It feels kind of lifeless and sanitized to me. Even before the Chiefs started being really shitty I found myself caring less and less about non Chiefs NFL games and that has only grown. Though its not a football thing because I still love NCAA football. On top of that you have how awful the Chiefs have been and how toxic and not fun the atmosphere in the stadium is.

I don't know how to answer your question because I think I am still figuring that out. It is really really hard to reconcile the current tone deaf and failed management of the organization with the childhood mystique of what I want it to be. Being a fan of Sporting has made that contrast so much bigger.

I feel you. As ive gotten older and more pressing life priorities have come into play, i find my passion for the Chiefs and Royals waning. If they were winning more, id probably get more excited obviously.

DMAC 11-08-2012 03:00 PM

Khakis FTW

|Zach| 11-08-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9098873)
LMAO

I'm glad you have a sense of humor.

The beard is pretty legit.

Gotta have fun with life. The alternative blows goats.

Ceej 11-08-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098959)
Gotta have fun with life. The alternative blows goats.

Yeah, I hear ya.

BWillie 11-08-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9097694)
Can't really diss them. Their organization is the epitome of what Royals and Chiefs fans dream of.

How? Its soccer. Id rather be a chiefs or royals fan and suck than have to watch soccer and be good.

DaFace 11-08-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9098136)

That pic is just begging to be photoshopped.

loochy 11-08-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9099158)
How? Its soccer. Id rather be a chiefs or royals fan and suck than have to watch soccer and be good.

? Did you even read the thread?

|Zach| 11-08-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9099158)

You're going to get increasingly annoyed as years go by.

Chief_For_Life58 11-08-2012 05:03 PM

this thread is stupid. atleast sporting isnt 1 & 7 and hasent held a single lead all season. sportings quality is light years ahead of our q ueefs. also have u been to a game at livstrong? the energy is awesome. those owners have done a great job. u cant even compare the effort chunt gives to the chefs right now. sh#ts a joke