ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Hillis, Wylie and Dorsey out; Brown doubtful (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264681)

durtyrute 10-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979503)
It's RAC's ****ing bullshit scheme that is bringing this defense down.

This to the mutha****in max. What kind of defense line do we have where there job is to NOT get to the QB? That is the most ricockulous thing I have ever heard of. That on top of the whole "bend but don't break crap" has been driving me ****ing crazy. If it's called bend but don't break and you are consistently getting broken, it might be time to change your scheme.

TEX 10-05-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8979503)
It's RAC's ****ing bullshit scheme that is bringing this defense down.

That, and the talent on the roster is the wrong type to run it successfully. No excuse when you consider that Pioli has had 4 drafts, 4 off seasons, and TONS of CAP ROOM!

FAX 10-05-2012 02:13 PM

I guess I just have a hard time believing that Roleo is so incompetent that he really is unable to build a stifling defense around 6 or 7 first-round picks.

Then again, we seem to be asking some of the guys to do things that aren't necessarily natural for them. It is peculiar, that's for sure.

FAX

ptlyon 10-05-2012 02:15 PM

So tell me why we aren't flying a FIRE RAC banner this weekend again?

Micjones 10-05-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8979417)
He missed practice all week with a "personal issue" on top of the fact that he's been hurt all year.

My guess is he won't play.

Oh, I thought I'd read about him practicing this week.
Well...Maybe after the bye.

TEX 10-05-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979514)
I guess I just have a hard time believing that Roleo is so incompetent that he really is unable to build a stifling defense around 6 or 7 first-round picks.

Then again, we seem to be asking some of the guys to do things that aren't necessarily natural for them. It is peculiar, that's for sure.

FAX

You know what? I read your post and just shook my head. It's so depressing to think it was all wasted...

The Franchise 10-05-2012 02:18 PM

The thing about it is.....switching from a 2 gap to a 1 gap is easy with our personnel.

You replace Dorsey with Poe. You put Powe at NT. You find a real SS and you move Berry to FS.

the Talking Can 10-05-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8979514)

FAX

jj watt

vs

dorsey
jackson
powe
bailey

scheme is an excuse...our players are one dimensional, at best...good players make an impact

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 02:20 PM

Let the new GM figure out the D-line

htismaqe 10-05-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8979526)
scheme is an excuse...our players are one dimensional, at best...good players make an impact

It's both.

Good players will make an impact. But the difference between 1-gap and 2-gap is glaringly evident, when you compare us (or Romeo's Pats) to Pitt, Houston, or Dallas...

ChiefsCountry 10-05-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8979454)
Carl traded a first round pick for Montana and later traded another first round pick (#12 overall) for Green.

I don't think he ever had a problem drafting a QB in the first round, it's just that he or the head coach didn't like anyone. He signed QB's in free agency constantly and drafted QB's in every round but the first and sixth (IIRC).

To be honest, the 90's sucked ****ing ass for quarterbacks. Its the main reason why Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won Super Bowls at the turn of the century won Super Bowls.

Valiant 10-05-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 8979275)
Keep Dorsey for depth. Fans say we don't have enough depth and then they go on to say let's get rid of a player who has been solid for us.

If, big if, he wants to sign for minimum ok. But that won't happen.

Titty Meat 10-05-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8979241)
I was also talking with someone on Tuesday that was in the Chiefs draft room in 2008. That person insisted that if Matt Ryan fell to 5, the Chiefs were taking him.

Ex Patriots ****ing us again.

Herm also said this on 810 the other day.

TEX 10-05-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8979595)
It's both.

Good players will make an impact. But the difference between 1-gap and 2-gap is glaringly evident, when you compare us (or Romeo's Pats) to Pitt, Houston, or Dallas...

Interesting thing about Houston, they kept the same players on defense + added 2 via free agency and hired Wayde Phillips (WHO KNOWS HIS STUFF) and completely turned that defense around. They went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in 1 year and had a TOP 5 Defense. They also did it without Mario Williams and Demico Ryans due to injuries... :hmmm: Now - in year 2 the defense is the strongest part of their team. So, it can be done.

gretnanefan 10-05-2012 03:02 PM

new guy

i have been a sth since 2001 and a diehard fan since 1970. i celebrated my 60th birthday at the falcon game,gonzy is still the best. it is getting tougher each year to travel down here from good old nebraska. i believe mr hunt is the one who needs to wake up. empty seats will make his pocketbook sting a little. i am new at this being on a forum but it really hurts seeing my team look so bad.