ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From PFW.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268837)

DTLB58 01-13-2013 11:45 AM

From PFW....

• The early rumblings out of Kansas City are that Andy Reid will make the offensive line a priority this offseason, which likely means that OLT Branden Albert could be receiving a strong offer or that he could be franchised to protect the Chiefs from losing him. It's unlikely that WR Dwayne Bowe would be tagged a second straight year, but he could return if the price is right. Reid likes offense and knows he needs receivers to thrive.

Anybody else see the benefit of cutting Albert and spending the #1 overall pick on another LT? Not me. So if these guys are right, this is good news. Hope we keep him and move forward to other positions.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-13-2013 11:52 AM

Albert's contract up, Lilja's retirement and the center is more or less unproven. Of course it's a priority

L.A. Chieffan 01-13-2013 11:53 AM

Move Albert to guard, joekel come on down. Sickest ol ever

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 11:54 AM

Cutting a franchise LT, and drafting a different one with the first pick in the draft would be the DUMBEST ****ing thing a franchise could do. What a ****ing waste of a pick that would be. Think about that. We gain NOTHING from having the 1st pick in the draft by doing that. We're not in cap trouble, there's no ****ing way they do that. If they do, it's Pioli part 2. I swear to God.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:54 AM

Reid basically got fired because the line in Philly was so bad.

No way he lets Albert escape.

milkman 01-13-2013 11:54 AM

Wow!

That's some real insightful shit.

I don't pretend to have any insider info, and I could have come up with that.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 11:55 AM

Andy Reid has mentioned that we have good tallent on this roster and that we need to build from that. I think Albert will be on the list to keep.

Bowser 01-13-2013 11:56 AM

For as bad as our O-Line could be if Albert left, our QB situation is that much worse. No way do we either let Albert walk or not pick a QB at #1, guaranteed.

Coogs 01-13-2013 11:56 AM

Albert, Allen, Hudson, Asamoah, Winston.

Get Albert back in the fold, and our O-line is just fine. And pretty young too.

L.A. Chieffan 01-13-2013 11:58 AM

Imagine if we were able to trade back a little and pick up joekel and Barrett Jones in the first! JIMP

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2013 11:58 AM

I dunno... one thing about Reid is, he's had some really talented o-lines. But his scheme isn't very o-line friendly and he's never really had a good performing o-line in Philly. So I'm iffy about this. Almost feel like we're spending a lot of money to fill positions that are probably going to underachieve.

The Bad Guy 01-13-2013 11:59 AM

Andy Reid loves Albert. Loved him during the draft process.

I'd be shocked if he went anywhere. Both the Packers guy and the Eagles guy knows how important a line is.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 12:02 PM

I don't think anyone would be able to stop our running game if....

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Make a play for WR Greg Jennings

Re-sign Bowe ONLY if it's the right price. If not **** him, let him go drop balls somewhere else.

milkman 01-13-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313201)

LT Joeckel
LG Albert
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Moron.

Priest31kc 01-13-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9313171)
Move Albert to guard, joekel come on down. Sickest ol ever

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313201)

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Make a play for WR Greg Jennings

Re-sign Bowe ONLY if it's the right price. If not **** him, let him go drop balls somewhere else.

You ****ers do realize Albert was one of the best LTs in football before he went down this year right?

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU MOVE HIM TO ****ING GUARD!?

So much stupidity around here lately.