ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 1 gap 3-4; how do you think it will shake out? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268761)

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 09:50 AM

1 gap 3-4; how do you think it will shake out?

I think the 1 gap 3-4 will be very interesting for the Chiefs given their natural physical talents. It really plays to the strengths of our front 7 once we get another ILB. We have a lot of speed and brute strength that, in my opinion, was wasted under the 2 gap 3-4.

Who do you see being our starters at each position on the front seven next year?

notorious 01-11-2013 09:52 AM

Rape

Chiefs=Champions 01-11-2013 09:52 AM

I think Houston is asked to drop a lot. Im hoping he is up to the challenge. He will get to pin his ears back in the nickle though.

Im intrigued to see how he and Poe are used. Poe could stay at NT but possibly be moved to an end position too..

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9305226)
I think Houston is asked to drop a lot. Im hoping he is up to the challenge. He will get to pin his ears back in the nickle though.

Im intrigued to see how he and Poe are used. Poe could stay at NT but possibly be moved to an end position too..

It would be interesting to see Poe moved to DE and Powe brought in as the nose. They would both be pretty disruptive. In an attacking D, the two of them could eat up 4 blockers.

Chiefs=Champions 01-11-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305265)
It would be interesting to see Poe moved to DE and Powe brought in as the nose. They would both be pretty disruptive. In an attacking D, the two of them could eat up 4 blockers.

From what i saw from Powe in preseason, he did a great job of penetrating. I think hes a great potential NT in a one gap scheme. He likely didn't play much for us this year because of that tendency to penetrate lol...

BigCatDaddy 01-11-2013 10:05 AM

Welcome Star Lotulelei.

Outside of QB he is now the only other player that makes sense assuming Albert is healthy and resigned. Poe is better as a 3-4 end IMO.

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 10:17 AM

I think Bailey, with his speed, could have a bigger impact in this scheme.

the Talking Can 01-11-2013 10:19 AM

amazing we still basically have a pile of shit on our DL after all those picks

RealSNR 01-11-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9305287)
Welcome Star Lotulelei.

Outside of QB he is now the only other player that makes sense assuming Albert is healthy and resigned. Poe is better as a 3-4 end IMO.

Powe says "**** you"

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

For sheer speed/strength/penetration ability, I could see the front seven looking something like this:

Bailey, Powe, Poe
Houston, New ILB (Ogletree?), Johnson, Hali

That is a nightmarish front seven in an attacking D if you ask me.

BigCatDaddy 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9305342)
Powe says "**** you"

Maybe 1 gaping would help, but he was getting his ass blown off the ball at the end of the season. I like him as well from the draft and preseason, but he sucked like everyone else on the line. Powe is going to go down with Rich Scanlon, Richard Smith, and Boomer Grigsby as legends that never were.

ndws 01-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305265)

And put Pito at the other end. I think that would be fun to watch. I've always thought Poe could very similiar to Ngata when he's at the DE. Think Hali would be happy to have a 346 pounder next to him that is going to command some of the attention that would normally come his way?

BigCatDaddy 01-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305376)
For sheer speed/strength/penetration ability, I could see the front seven looking something like this:

Bailey, Powe, Poe

Bailey and Powe suck. I'm on board with the backers though.

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9305383)
And put Pito at the other end. I think that would be fun to watch. I've always thought Poe could very similiar to Ngata when he's at the DE. Think Hali would be happy to have a 346 pounder next to him that is going to command some of the attention that would normally come his way?

Forgot about Pitoitua, yeah, sticking him in there would create quite a bit of havoc; he was one of the few DLs on the team consistently getting good penetration this year.

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9305287)
Welcome Star Lotulelei.

This may give some a rapid punch of nausea, but I can see a Lotulelei selection happening in the draft.

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305332)
I think Bailey, with his speed, could have a bigger impact in this scheme.

ya, agreed. therein lies the problem for 1 gap success in KC, is there aren't but a few players with the quickness needed to succeed in 1 gap.

They could get started and add guys though.

beach tribe 01-11-2013 11:15 AM

I still think Poe needs to entrench himself into the NT spot. I am firm believer that a great NT will improve the entire D and Poe has the potential to be GREAT. I know he has skills that can translate well to other spots on the line, but that doesn't mean that they are wasted at the nose. Still having a hard time believing that I may be in the minority on this one. I think it's much more vital to have a great NT than a great 5 tech any day of the week. My dream for Poe is that he becomes a dominant NT. Would have no problem with him playing other spots that fit his talents in sub packages.

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9305540)
I still think Poe needs to entrench himself into the NT spot. I am firm believer that a great NT will improve the entire D and Poe has the potential to be GREAT. I know he has skills that can translate well to other spots on the line, but that doesn't mean that they are wasted at the nose. Still having a hard time believing that I may be in the minority on this one. I think it's much more vital to have a great NT than a great 5 tech any day of the week. My dream for Poe is that he becomes a dominant NT. Would have no problem with him playing other spots that fit his talents in sub packages.

Yes. When Poe chooses a lane, he gets upfield well enough to the QB. Just his first year, he'll get better as he goes. And I agree -- Poe is going to be the linchpin in a 1 gap scheme.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 11:45 AM

Poe is the only lineman they should keep. And just rebuild the rest with new guys

mcaj22 01-11-2013 11:47 AM

Powe and Bailey are terrible

this place loves giving 3rd string crap players the benefit of the doubt. It's hilarious.

When these turds start getting cut by Andy Reid and replaced by his own guys, I wonder what the excuses will be then

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 11:48 AM

I am so relieved we are moving to the 1-gap 3-4. I am trying to explain to my friends why this is a significant change over romeo's system, but I'm at work. Anybody have a link to a good breakdown between the systems?

or just a cut and paste?

Rausch 01-11-2013 11:50 AM

Line them up and let them ****ing play...

Rausch 01-11-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9305641)
I am so relieved we are moving to the 1-gap 3-4. I am trying to explain to my friends why this is a significant change over romeo's system, but I'm at work. Anybody have a link to a good breakdown between the systems?

or just a cut and paste?

Wait, link to thread please.

Did we finally hire a DC?

petegz28 01-11-2013 11:52 AM

I guess I missed something but when was it decided we will be a 1 gap 3-4?

Bowser 01-11-2013 11:55 AM

If we draft another ****ing DT with our first pick, baby seals will be clubbed.

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305654)
Wait, link to thread please.

Did we finally hire a DC?

I thought we had hired Bob Sutton?

FlaChief58 01-11-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9305670)
If we draft another ****ing DT with our first pick, baby seals will be clubbed.

Meh. QBs are so overated anyway. There are no surefire QB prospects in this years draft and lord knows we can't take a chance on the best one in the draft for fear of failure. Remember what happened the last time we drafted QB in the first? Yeah, that didn't work out so well did it? Defenses win championships

Rausch 01-11-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9305687)
I thought we had hired Bob Sutton?

Based on?...

htismaqe 01-11-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9305632)
Poe is the only lineman they should keep. And just rebuild the rest with new guys

We're gonna have to keep a couple guy short-term because we have picks that need to be spent on offense.

Long-term, I agree.

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305707)
Based on?...

Don't you know?

Bowser 01-11-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9305700)
Meh. QBs are so overated anyway. There are no surefire QB prospects in this years draft and lord knows we can't take a chance on the best one in the draft for fear of failure. Remember what happened the last time we drafted QB in the first? Yeah, that didn't work out so well did it? Defenses win championships

http://nobodyputsbabyinahorner.files..._explosion.gif

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9305700)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9305770)

http://nobodyputsbabyinahorner.files..._explosion.gifhttp://nobodyputsbabyinahorner.files..._explosion.gifhttp://nobodyputsbabyinahorner.files..._explosion.gifhttp://nobodyputsbabyinahorner.files..._explosion.gif

FlaChief58 01-11-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9305770)

LMAO

O.city 01-11-2013 01:35 PM

Need a few new DE's who are aggressive rushing the passer and strong. Jackson might be a decent depth guy, but he's gonna have to drastically improve if he's to start.

A guy like Margus Hunt in the third would be great.

Sorter 01-11-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305376)

Bailey, Powe, Poe

nightmarish if bailey shows up as well as powe

Sorter 01-11-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9305982)
Need a few new DE's who are aggressive rushing the passer and strong. Jackson might be a decent depth guy, but he's gonna have to drastically improve if he's to start.

this

Sorter 01-11-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9305540)

If he's a great DE ala Watt in the 1-gap, then it doesn't matter. Poe just needs to be great, period.

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9305759)
Don't you know?

Yes, of course I do.

I'm just from a planet that believes in wasting time and I thought I'd help as best I could...

****ing idiot...

whoman69 01-11-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9305338)
amazing we still basically have a pile of shit on our DL after all those picks

I don't think Dorsey will be back. Jackson might stay as one of the DEs but he could also be cut with a player taken in the draft, perhaps a 3rd round pick after we get a QB and CB

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9305982)

Keep dreaming if you think he will last until the third. After the combine, he will be in the first round.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 01:54 PM

Margus Hunt will likely skyrocket up draft boards; I think he'll show exceptionally well at the combine.

With the Strongside backer having more coverage responsibility, I would still be interested in trying out Hali as a 5-tech with Houston sliding over to the weak side. I don't know that he's big enough to pull it off, but I'd sure be interested in seeing him try. He's become an expert at shooting gaps (and getting held), so I think he could make a huge splash knifing through gaps into the backfield.

I really would hate to waste Houston's first step in a coverage role.

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9306043)
Yes, of course I do.

I'm just from a planet that believes in wasting time and I thought I'd help as best I could...

****ing idiot...

Try this out, it's a helpful site:

www.chiefsplanet.com

Sorter 01-11-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9306046)
Keep dreaming if you think he will last until the third. After the combine, he will be in the first round.

You ****ing just let us dream, alright? LMAO

beach tribe 01-11-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306051)
Margus Hunt will likely skyrocket up draft boards; I think he'll show exceptionally well at the combine.

With the Strongside backer having more coverage responsibility, I would still be interested in trying out Hali as a 5-tech with Houston sliding over to the weak side. I don't know that he's big enough to pull it off, but I'd sure be interested in seeing him try. He's become an expert at shooting gaps (and getting held), so I think he could make a huge splash knifing through gaps into the backfield.

What? Seriously?

Upon further review, it doesn't seem as crazy as I first thought as long as it's not on an every down basis.

beach tribe 01-11-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9306035)
If he's a great DE ala Watt in the 1-gap, then it doesn't matter. Poe just needs to be great, period.

Fair enough.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306051)

Hali played significant snaps at DT at Penn State.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9306118)
What? Seriously?

In a 1-gap, why not?

Watt just destroyed the world in that role. Now Hali's not the class of Watt, but he could be very good.

Hali's developed an array of power moves and has very active hands. His speed is diminishing but his power is improving. Of the 2 players, Houston is going to be the better Weak side LBer over the next 5 years.

So you could either waste Houston's talents by having him drop into coverage a lot as the Sam, you could flip Houston and Hali (in which case Hali would be a complete disaster in coverage) or you could try something that could maximize both of their skill-sets.

I do think that at this point in Hali's career, the Chiefs would be better off with him as a 1-gap DE and Houston playing the Will than they would leaving Hali at the Will and forcing Houston into the coverage role as a Sam in a 1-gap.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9306159)
Hali played significant snaps at DT at Penn State.

Doesn't have the size for a DT at this level, but those same 'phonebooth' skills that he'd have developed with his DT snaps would be put to very good use in a 1-gap system.

It won't help Hali's numbers, no question. But I do think it will help the team. It may take him a few games to adjust (ala Freeney), but I think he'd be very good there.

O.city 01-11-2013 02:41 PM

Either way we're gonna have to get more pass rush from the dl. I think Poe is a good fit in the 1 gap, with his physicality and ability.

Is there any way Bailey could play DE full time in the 1 gap?

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306202)
Either way we're gonna have to get more pass rush from the dl. I think Poe is a good fit in the 1 gap, with his physicality and ability.

Bailey sucks in the 2 gap, but I think he would shine in the 1 gap with his speed and strength.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306202)

I don't think there is any way Bailey can play full time anywhere at this point.

He is just sooooo sloooooooow off the line. You could use him as a situational interior lineman in your nickle packages, but that's about it.

He's as bad as anyone I've ever seen at getting off the ball. That's what keeps Poe from being great as well, but he's still a hell of a lot better at it than Bailey is.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9306215)
Bailey sucks in the 2 gap, but I think he would shine in the 1 gap with his speed and strength.

Hell...make him a backup Will. Then maybe he could get up to speed before contact.

He's so slow out of his stance that his speed never becomes a factor. Lineman engage him and wash him out before he can get moving.

O.city 01-11-2013 02:47 PM

I, like DJ, just don't know if the guy has the speed.

These guys have been told for four years about being slow anchors.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:48 PM

make Bailey a backup LBer?

is that what you just said? lol.

O.city 01-11-2013 02:49 PM

Thinking mcaj22's new name should be lol. Dude gets alot of laughs around here.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9306225)
make Bailey a backup LBer?

is that what you just said? lol.

It was hyperbole.

My point being that his straight line speed isn't usable. He can't get off the ball and into space at all to put it to any practical football effect.

He's a freakish athlete with a glaring hole that prevents him from being a good football player.

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9306229)
Thinking mcaj22's new name should be lol. Dude gets alot of laughs around here.

well when people say turn a DT into a back up Will LBer. What else is there to do but laugh

mcaj22 01-11-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306231)
It was hyperbole.

My point being that his straight line speed isn't usable. He can't get off the ball and into space at all to put it to any practical football effect.

He's a freakish athlete with a glaring hole that prevents him from being a good football player.

you can have all the strength and speed in the world, and still suck

see: Vernon Gholston, Aaron Maybin, etc.

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 03:04 PM

From what I can tell, though, Rex Ryan's system isn't a 1-gap. It is the hybrid 46 that still has the NT playing a zero technique.

Am I way off base, here?

O.city 01-11-2013 03:07 PM

Margus Hunt, Shariff Floyd, or Sylvester Williams would be great picks if they were to somehow get to the 3 round.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9306267)
From what I can tell, though, Rex Ryan's system isn't a 1-gap. It is the hybrid 46 that still has the NT playing a zero technique.

Am I way off base, here?

Sutton wasn't the defensive coordinator under Ryan. He was the DC under Mangini.

Of course, he was also on Herm's staff.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306178)
Doesn't have the size for a DT at this level, but those same 'phonebooth' skills that he'd have developed with his DT snaps would be put to very good use in a 1-gap system.

It won't help Hali's numbers, no question. But I do think it will help the team. It may take him a few games to adjust (ala Freeney), but I think he'd be very good there.

Yeah, that was pretty much my point.

Hali is BEST at OLB, but he CAN play just about anywhere.

O.city 01-11-2013 03:15 PM

What would you guys think about signing Dic Seymour to a deal if he's released?

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 03:16 PM

Be prepared for a year of shit defense.

These guys have been playing conservatively for four years in that shit 2 gap.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're one of the worst rushing defenses next year.

saphojunkie 01-11-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9306294)
Sutton wasn't the defensive coordinator under Ryan. He was the DC under Mangini.

Of course, he was also on Herm's staff.

But then he would be running the Bill Parcells 2-gap defense.

:shrug:

beach tribe 01-11-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

We're just gonna have to see what these guys can do in a different scheme, I unlike others are not ready to give up on some of the more talented guys on the roster, like bailey, based on the cluster**** that was going on last season with what seems like zero direction.

petegz28 01-11-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9306305)
Be prepared for a year of shit defense.

These guys have been playing conservatively for four years in that shit 2 gap.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're one of the worst rushing defenses next year.

I would almost expect the opposite. They have been caged so long that if you let them run free they are going to terrorize shit

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9306313)
I would almost expect the opposite. They have been caged so long that if you let them run free they are going to terrorize shit

Well, if you said it, it's definitely not happening.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9306310)
We're just gonna have to see what these guys can do in a different scheme, I unlike others are not ready to give up on some of the more talented guys on the roster, like bailey, based on the cluster**** that was going on last season with what seems like zero direction.

Bailey has no quickness, get off or pass rush moves.

He's probably gonna be cut.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9306313)

I think Clay's right in regards to the run defense.

They're probably going to sell-out pretty hard to attack those gaps and they'll end up abandoning run-fits. Worse still, the LBs are now going to have a hell of a lot more responsibility in that regard and they're not likely going to catch onto it quickly.

It does seem like we'll be a little soft against the run.

O.city 01-11-2013 03:23 PM

Anything better than that passive 2 gapping bullshit.

petegz28 01-11-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306331)
I think Clay's right in regards to the run defense.

They're probably going to sell-out pretty hard to attack those gaps and they'll end up abandoning run-fits. Worse still, the LBs are now going to have a hell of a lot more responsibility in that regard and they're not likely going to catch onto it quickly.

It does seem like we'll be a little soft against the run.

We'll see. That last defense that playe da 1-gap here was pretty good at stuffing the run and getting to the QB. But having said that every defense will have their strengths and weaknesses.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9306345)
That last defense that playe da 1-gap here was pretty good at stuffing the run and getting to the QB.

This is a great point. What happened years ago will HAPPEN AGAIN. IT IS WRITTEN.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9306345)
We'll see. That last defense that playe da 1-gap here was pretty good at stuffing the run and getting to the QB. But having said that every defense will have their strengths and weaknesses.

He's not saying the 1-gap will fail.

He's saying it will struggle as these guys re-program themselves.

Ace Gunner 01-11-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9306218)
I don't think there is any way Bailey can play full time anywhere at this point.

He is just sooooo sloooooooow off the line. You could use him as a situational interior lineman in your nickle packages, but that's about it.

He's as bad as anyone I've ever seen at getting off the ball. That's what keeps Poe from being great as well, but he's still a hell of a lot better at it than Bailey is.

tha **** are you talking about? Bailey played 34RDE in a 2 gap against LT's you idiot. He's small/short for the position if anything. Had poor hand technique, yadayada.

And Poe is plenty quick off the ball -- he was playing 2 gap techniques as well, so he did not look real good this year, but slow off the ball he was not.

Dorsey is slow, but quick off the ball. so what. he's got nothing for the NFL. But at least he was given 5 ****ing seasons to improve.

Poe needs time, he's lacking technique -- that was his MO coming up. Had nothing to do with his ability to get off the ball.

You know what, you're an asshole for even tossing these guys out after 1 & 2 seasons. You know damn well DL players require 3 or more seasons to develop.

O.city 01-11-2013 03:36 PM

Shit, I like the 1 gap in that it's not all about technique like the 2 gap, which takes for ****ing ever to learn and perfect. That there is enough for me.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9306379)
tha **** are you talking about? Bailey played 34RDE in a 2 gap against LT's you idiot. He's small/short for the position if anything. Had poor hand technique, yadayada.

Actually, he didn't.

Most of his snaps came in sub packages as a pass rusher.

And he was ****ing horrible.

He's a guy who's built like a tank with some straight line speed (4.75ish if I recall). That's it.

He's probably not even an NFL player. Should get into pro wrestling.

RunKC 01-11-2013 03:45 PM

Star Lotulelei?!?!

Yes let's draft another DL who can't get much pressure on the QB, and at 1st overall no less!!!!!

JFC

Sorter 01-11-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

I'm probably one of the biggest Bailey homers here and fully admit it is time to move on IMO.

I really thought that having Poe and Houston next to him in sub pckgs (whilst playing the 3 tech) would free him and enable him to do some great stuff. He didn't and extremely regressed this year. If you want to keep him on the roster as depth or even hope that he turns into an average player, fine. He was horrible this year after several decent flashes last year against Pitt, NE, and GB.

He needs to be upgraded.

beach tribe 01-11-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9306378)
He's not saying the 1-gap will fail.

He's saying it will struggle as these guys re-program themselves.

I also believe it will take some time, maybe a half season to get acclimated, but if is an attacking style, that in itself could boost the production of our defense with the type of players we have, and then it of course could become more balanced and efficient as they get more adjusted.