ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What about Tavon Austin at 1.1? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270760)

Chiefshrink 03-14-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9468119)
Austin at 1.1 would be borderline fireable.

I don't care how much you like him, if Cordarelle Patterson is on the board when you're looking for a WR, that's who you take.

Now if he's sitting at 10 and Patterson went 9, it's justifiable because you're getting the best available playmaker on the board at 9 and that's not the worst decision to make. But there's no way he should go ahead of Patterson; that kid's a Julio Jones, AJ Green level talent.

That's why I hope we get to trade down BUT if we don't and would take Tavon I have nooooooooooo problem with that pick. He will be ROTY in '13' is my prediction for this kid. And like CaliforniaChief said, "He is THAT GOOD"!!

I would argue that Patterson is faaaaaaaar more of a risk than Austin IMO. Austin is proven not just 1yr but 3yrs of consistent playmaking at the D1 level unlike Patterson. Patterson's maturity level bothers me. We already have 2 BIG WR Drama Queens and we sure in the hell don't need 3. But I hope Reid can reign in Baldwin and get his game on.

CleveSteve 03-15-2013 07:39 AM

I think Cordarrelle Patterson in the top 10 would be an epic mistake. Given the choice between the two, I'd take Austin in a no-brainer. You can line him up anywhere and he's going to make big plays for you. I understand that he's undersized, but Patterson is a knucklehead.

JMO.

crazycoffey 03-16-2013 03:07 AM

Trade down a few hopefully so we can get Wilson, bray, etc in two. And take this kid. I'd be happy

philfree 03-16-2013 06:26 AM

Put Austin out there with Bowe and Charles and that's about a three headed monster.

Hootie 03-16-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9468119)
Austin at 1.1 would be borderline fireable.

I don't care how much you like him, if Cordarelle Patterson is on the board when you're looking for a WR, that's who you take.

Now if he's sitting at 10 and Patterson went 9, it's justifiable because you're getting the best available playmaker on the board at 9 and that's not the worst decision to make. But there's no way he should go ahead of Patterson; that kid's a Julio Jones, AJ Green level talent.

I bet Patterson is a bust.

buddha 03-16-2013 09:31 AM

Austin is a freak. The kid makes other speed athletes look silly.

I'm not worried about his size...there are plenty of guys in the NFL who do very well at his size or smaller.

He's just not a 1.1 pick. If you trade back and get him, terrific.

jd1020 03-16-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9505241)
I'm not worried about his size...there are plenty of guys in the NFL who do very well at his size or smaller.

Can you name 5 without looking them up?

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9505241)
Austin is a freak. The kid makes other speed athletes look silly.

He's just not a 1.1 pick. If you trade back and get him, terrific.

I like Austin but there is no one else in the NFL at 5'8, 174 or smaller doing "well".

They're generally gadget players, like McCluster.

DaneMcCloud 03-16-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9505090)
I bet Patterson is a bust.

It depends on where he goes in the draft but I don't see "stud", Pro Bowler, etc.

jd1020 03-16-2013 12:56 PM

DeSean Jackson is like as close as you can get to Tavon's size that you can argue is doing well.

Welker is like 190lbs. Same with Steve Smith.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-16-2013 02:00 PM

We need a kick return man that can take it to the house. If we drafted him at 1.1 I wouldn't be upset one little bit.

Hammock Parties 03-16-2013 02:13 PM

If we trade down into the teens I like him.

buddha 03-16-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9505809)
Can you name 5 without looking them up?

I get it...the looking up part would discredit the point...? ROFL

Steve Smith
Wes Welker
DeShawn Jackson
Earnest Givens
Mel Gray

Anytime a statement is made about other players being successful, there is always a douchebag waiting with that request. Thanks for keeping the streak alive jd1020.

Have you even seen Austin play?

jd1020 03-16-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9506144)
I get it...the looking up part would discredit the point...? ROFL

Steve Smith
Wes Welker
DeShawn Jackson
Earnest Givens
Mel Gray

Anytime a statement is made about other players being successful, there is always a douchebag waiting with that request. Thanks for keeping the streak alive jd1020.

Have you even seen Austin play?

So you couldn't think of 5 that play right now and had to go back decades to fill the list. Also, Welker and Smith have like 20 lbs on Austin.

Glad to know there are "several" successful 5'9 170lb NFL players and that the majority don't end up as cast offs.