ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Just how many times do they use the word fuck in "Deadwood?" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114344)

4th and Long 04-17-2005 06:41 PM

Just how many times do they use the word fuck in "Deadwood?"

fuck seems to be one of the more popular words used in Deadwood. Oh sure, theres the occasional c*cksucker reference but fuck is far more popular. Ever wonder how often it's uttered? Here's the answer. Someone had a lot of time on their hands to figure this one out.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2005 06:42 PM

That show is so stupid. Everyone knows the word fuck wasn't even invented back then.

Deberg_1990 04-17-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
That show is so stupid. Everyone knows the word fuck wasn't even invented back then.

ive heard critics mention this before was well. Alot of the "dirty" dialouge wasnt even said back then.

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

fuck I don't know

Bowser 04-17-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

William Wallace says you're focked in the head.

tk13 04-17-2005 06:50 PM

Who the **** knows you ****wad.

Bob Dole I am not...

Hammock Parties 04-17-2005 06:52 PM

Seriously. Did John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart ever say fuck? Of course not. They used hell and damn...those were the only curse words invented back then in America.

go bo 04-17-2005 06:52 PM

don't you mean dead-fucking-wood?

Rausch 04-17-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
ive heard critics mention this before was well. Alot of the "dirty" dialouge wasnt even said back then.

Any idea when it was?

I'm not being critical, just curious...

tk13 04-17-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Seriously. Did John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart ever say fuck? Of course not. They used hell and damn...those were the only curse words invented back then in America.

I think the word was invented by an anonymous Chiefs fan in the early 80's after Carl drafted Blackledge.

Bowser 04-17-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

I got it....go jump in your captured Klingon ship, fly it around the sun to go back to the late 1800's, beam down and tell some of those cowboys to go fuck themselves. Report back if they knew what the word fuck means, if they don't rip your jaw off your head.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
I think the word was invented by an anonymous Chiefs fan in the early 80's after Carl drafted Blackledge.

She can Jack my Steadman any day.

Oh wait...wrong thread.

Miles 04-17-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

I think i have actually heard the exact fucking opposite. I think it was on some making of clips on HBO that some fucking c*cksucker made.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2005 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
I got it....go jump in your captured Klingon ship, fly it around the sun to go back to the late 1800's, beam down and tell some of those cowboys to go fuck themselves. Report back if they knew what the word fuck means, if they don't rip your jaw off your head.

Come on man. Everyone knows the Puritans founded America and they didn't like naughty words like fuck. Therefore no one used it for a long long time, like, until television and books.

Dumbasses. :rolleyes:

4th and Long 04-17-2005 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bo

don't you mean dead-fucking-wood?

"Do not repeat back to me what I just said in different fucking words!"
- Al Swearengen hosts a 'board' meeting, "Deadwood"