ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Blueprint: How the New England Patriots Beat the System to Create the Last Great (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207052)

Huffman83 04-30-2009 09:49 PM

The Blueprint: How the New England Patriots Beat the System to Create the Last Great

I picked this book up not too long ago and been reading it off and on for the past week. Pretty cool book. It says a lot of stuff that we're kind of seeing now in KC. And KC getting players that "fit." and "buy into." the system.

It also seems to point out that finding Brady was absolute luck.

One story I liked kind of reminded me about a story about KC a year or two ago. Belichick allegedly hired a practice squad player to start a fight w/ another player in training camp. The theory was that if you didn't have a fight in training camp you have guys that are too comfortable w/ their job.

Now remember when there was a scuffle in KC's training camp last year and Herm got pissed and even yelled back at a fan for the fight. "YEAH THAT'S REAL SMART! COSTING US 15 YARDS AND GETTING KICKED OUT OF THE GAME!"

I get the feeling we're going to have some fights in training camp.:evil:

orange 04-30-2009 10:01 PM

Pioli's not the Coach. To fake a fight or not is Haley's call.

Of course with Haley and LJ on the same field, there may well be a real fight...

Huffman83 04-30-2009 10:04 PM

True but Haley kind of sounds like a younger Belichick. When he was w/ the Browns he was kind of hot headed and yelled obscenities a lot. I don't think Haley's going to be a very likable guy. Hopefully he's just successful.

58kcfan89 04-30-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffman83 (Post 5730565)
True but Haley kind of sounds like a younger Belichick. When he was w/ the Browns he was kind of hot headed and yelled obscenities a lot. I don't think Haley's going to be a very likable guy. Hopefully he's just successful.

That's what's so awesome about him. Every time I look at him, I'm like 'Holy crap, that guy's a badass. And he's our badass.'

I'd be perfectly fine with a few fights in training camp. Not quite sure who I wanna see in the fights, but I do want to see them.

KCrockaholic 04-30-2009 11:15 PM

I havent seen this book anywhere...Where did you find it?

Reaper16 04-30-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 5730672)
I havent seen this book anywhere...Where did you find it?

Have you tried Amazon.com like normal people? http://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-England-Patriots-System-Superpower/dp/0312384858/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241155142&sr=8-3

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2009 11:46 PM

Before I got side-tracked with some other junk, I was going to post a thread about how I feel that Haley looks and sounds like he's slowly growing in to his skin as a Head Coach.

Every time he goes before the cameras, he's looks a little more confident and in control. His speech is a little less sheepish, and he's getting better at "working the room".

I think a lot of people confuse his humility with uncertainty, but we know for a stone-cold fact he's got heated passion for the game and his players, and a great, great background in this game and league.

We're going to be thankful we have this guy, I can feel it in me bones!

WhitiE 05-01-2009 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5730705)
Before I got side-tracked with some other junk, I was going to post a thread about how I feel that Haley looks and sounds like he's slowly growing in to his skin as a Head Coach.

Every time he goes before the cameras, he's looks a little more confident and in control. His speech is a little less sheepish, and he's getting better at "working the room".

I think a lot of people confuse his humility with uncertainty, but we know for a stone-cold fact he's got heated passion for the game and his players, and a great, great background in this game and league.

We're going to be thankful we have this guy, I can feel it in me bones!

agreed

htismaqe 05-01-2009 06:39 AM

I think Haley is going to have some warts and he'll work through them.

I could care less if he gets along with everybody - Herm was GREAT at getting along and he was an awful head coach.

PhillyChiefFan 05-01-2009 07:45 AM

Tough head coach's are a good thing IMO.

MOhillbilly 05-01-2009 08:08 AM

if KC wins and shows marked improvement in the first 2 years everything will be all bubbles. If not........I dont feel shit in my bones.
Built up,knocked down. SHO ME.

bevischief 05-01-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 5731075)
if KC wins and shows marked improvement in the first 2 years everything will be all bubbles. If not........I dont feel shit in my bones.

:thumb:
ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 5731075)

I can show you a Center from Cincinnati who has no business in a Chiefs uniform.
:shrug: