ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Belcher 911 tapes released (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267396)

Deberg_1990 12-06-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9183880)
I've always assumed that they're required to release things like that upon request since it's a public service, but I could be wrong.

It was mentioned in the Star the other day that Missouri is a state that doesn’t require release of 911 tapes. If that’s the case my guess is "Sensationalism"

Rain Man 12-06-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAlwaysRight (Post 9184499)
Never heard the audio, skipped over the transcript. I'm sure it's awful and gut-wrenching, but what's the point? If I ever have to call 911, I hope it isn't released as entertainment, or to boost a news outlet's ratings.

Agreed. It should be public information, but at the same time it's a low-class thing for the media to do in releasing it. It's purely for public titillation.

BIG_DADDY 12-06-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9184532)
I would treat my brother like any other murderer. Lock him up and throw away the key. Taking of a life that is posing no threat to your own is inexcusable on any level. Teammate or brother doesn't matter. Actions do.

Grieve for a murderer? How does one grieve for a murderer? Try to explain that with an ounce of compassion to their victims. Belcher committed the worst of human acts. Killing of another human being. His memory doesn't deserve grieving. Period.

This is probably inappropriate considering it has nothing to do with Belcher but it does have everything to do with what you posted. We live in a society where anybody thinks they can do anything to anyone else without any consequences and that's OK. Well they are wrong. If you push somebody hard enough and unfairly enough and do enough bad things to them or the one's they love especially if they are not stable you just might pay the ultimate price. Off the top of my head I can think of several people who have deserved just that.

lewdog 12-06-2012 06:37 PM

I shouldn't have listened to that. That shit just creeps me out.

I will be happy to wakeup tomorrow and go to work.

TLO 12-07-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9183636)
Yeah, like I'm digging all through that thread to find the post with the 911 tapes. You guys that get all butthurt about "reposts" can be very annoying at times.

Personally, I like it better having new thread with new information rather than one thread for the dumping grounds.

This

Saul Good 12-07-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9184532)
I would treat my brother like any other murderer. Lock him up and throw away the key. Taking of a life that is posing no threat to your own is inexcusable on any level. Teammate or brother doesn't matter. Actions do.

Grieve for a murderer? How does one grieve for a murderer? Try to explain that with an ounce of compassion to their victims. Belcher committed the worst of human acts. Killing of another human being. His memory doesn't deserve grieving. Period.

Grieving isn't just about the people who died. It's about the loss experienced by the people who live. If my dad shot someone in a fit of rage and then shot himself, it would make him a murderer, but I would still grieve the loss off my father.

Up until that point, I would have had a good man as a father in my life. Afterwards, that would be missing. I would feel a profound sense of loss even though he would have done something horrible.