ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Group of Chiefs fans wants to turn up volume at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274608)

OnTheWarpath15 07-18-2013 05:20 PM

It's going to be comical when they try to set this record with 15k empty seats.

Arrowhead hasn't been "Arrowhead" in a decade. And with the wine and cheese crowd taking over, the deafening days of the 90's will likely never return.

Brock 07-18-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819682)

If you see the post on facebook- the "REAL FANS' you guys make fun of on here. It is a stark contrast to the "fans" on the planet. They are posting pics of their families, basement bars, telling stories about their favorite games and are excited to bring back Arrowhead. It is far different from the cess pool of negativity on here. Maybe after you see the Chiefs kicking ass this year- the fans bringing back Arrowhead and having fun at the games again- you guys will join us.

Another fan asking for a bite of the shit sandwich and pretending to like it.

Halfcan 07-18-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9819683)
It's going to be comical when they try to set this record with 15k empty seats.

Arrowhead hasn't been "Arrowhead" in a decade. And with the wine and cheese crowd taking over, the deafening days of the 90's will likely never return.

You really think there will be 15 k of empty seat on the Home opener? Or the Faders game when every media outlet is blasting us trying to break the record-lol

And yes I agree when they expanded the suites-that sucked- they sit inside and watch it on tv- which makes No sense to me- but hey its thier money. Maybe when they hear how freakin loud it is outside their precious suite doors- they might actually come out and join us at the Game.

pr_capone 07-18-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819657)
To be honest I am very disapointed with this. They are picking either Home Opener or Faders game- so there won't be one thing Manufactured about it.

People will be screaming to get into a record book... not because it is disrupting the opposing team's communication and cadence. The whole purpose of this is to get into a world record book... not to be a supportive fan base who is doing their part to win a game. I, personally, find it to be dishonest and self serving.

Quote:

The fans that started it- X factor I believe- want to get the home field advantage back. All through the 90's Arrowhead was the "LOUDEST STADIUM IN THE NFL." It wasn't just one game it was a decade and even into the DV years.

It is a shame my kids and this generation don't realize what it was like to be a part of that.
Yes, I remember how it was and you said it perfectly... it wasn't just one game. It was decades of frustration being let out on the opposing team because we finally had a team we could be proud of. It was a culture that was built up as an effort to bolster the team. Not something to show up a former division rival and get our names printed in a glorified history book.

Give me the REAL thing. Not this. This is the equivalent of faking an orgasm.

Quote:

And a handful of Eeyore- Alex Smith- haters on here don't represent the Chiefs fans at all. It started on Sunday- I think I was one of few hundred people to join- now it is 4,000 strong. It just made the paper and other media chanels.
It's not just the Smith Haters. I'm not a Smith hater (for full disclosure... I'm not a fan either) but it has nothing to do with him. It is the culture that the franchise has allowed to fester.

When the team does something worth my losing my voice for 2 days, I'll gladly shred my vocal chords for them.

Quote:

I thought Save our Chiefs was about restoring our team back to respectability- and it worked. It was a Negative campaign to fight a Negative system. Now you have a chance to do something Positive for the team and the community-including charities. It is bringing much needed positive attention to the Chiefs.

I hope you reconsider your stance on this.
The Chiefs don't need positive attention. They need to play better football and manage the club as if they gave two shits about winning a championship.

OnTheWarpath15 07-18-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819731)
You really think there will be 15 k of empty seat on the Home opener? Or the Faders game when every media outlet is blasting us trying to break the record-lol

And yes I agree when they expanded the suites-that sucked- they sit inside and watch it on tv- which makes No sense to me- but hey its thier money. Maybe when they hear how freakin loud it is outside their precious suite doors- they might actually come out and join us at the Game.

Maybe hyperbolic, but I highly doubt it's a near-sellout.

First home playoff game in 7 years? Tons of empty seats.

Opening night on MNF against a division rival? A lot of empty seats.

There aren't enough homers left to spend money on this team until it shows it can actually compete against the best of the best regularly.

I don't think there's been a legitimate sellout (asses in seats, not tickets sold, PR-wank bullshit) since Thanksgiving Night, 2006.

OnTheWarpath15 07-18-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9819742)
People will be screaming to get into a record book... not because it is disrupting the opposing team's communication and cadence. The whole purpose of this is to get into a world record book... not to be a supportive fan base who is doing their part to win a game. I, personally, find it to be dishonest and self serving.

Yes, I remember how it was and you said it perfectly... it wasn't just one game. It was decades of frustration being let out on the opposing team because we finally had a team we could be proud of. It was a culture that was built up as an effort to bolster the team. Not something to show up a former division rival and get our names printed in a glorified history book.

It's not just the Smith Haters. I'm not a Smith hater (for full disclosure... I'm not a fan either) but it has nothing to do with him. It is the culture that the franchise has allowed to fester.

When the team does something worth my losing my voice for 2 days, I'll gladly shred my vocal chords for them.

The Chiefs don't need positive attention. They need to play better football and manage the club as if they gave two shits about winning a championship.

Reptastic.

Halfcan 07-18-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9819707)
Another fan asking for a bite of the shit sandwich and pretending to like it.

:rolleyes:

Really- we have a completly new team. Oh boo F N hoo we didn't draft Geno- but we still got the best QB out there. Other than that- the Chiefs have done just about everything possible to compete for a title this year.

No wonder when you put in Chiefs planet in the search engines- the next story is about a player killing himself (Belcher) this is where hope goes to die-lol

Brock 07-18-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819752)
:rolleyes:

Really- we have a completly new team. Oh boo F N hoo we didn't draft Geno- but we still got the best QB out there. Other than that- the Chiefs have done just about everything possible to compete for a title this year.

No wonder when you put in Chiefs planet in the search engines- the next story is about a player killing himself (Belcher) this is where hope goes to die-lol

They did this 4 years ago too. Pardon me for not lining up to kiss their asses just yet.

OnTheWarpath15 07-18-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819752)
the Chiefs have done just about everything possible to compete for a title this year.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...ns3wo1_400.gif

Halfcan 07-18-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9819742)

You are completely wrong- the record is not why they started this. If the Seahag fans hadn't been talking so much smack- they could have just went about their record in peace. But they pissed off a lot of fans that remember how it was- we won't just let them take it without a fight. We want to restore Arrowhead- and if you read the post on there- people want the same thing as you do- a winning team and a Loud Arrowhead.

And you really think the Chiefs don't care about winning?? ROFL When in their history have they Ever had an offseason like this- to completly change a culture. And SOC was the cattle prod up Clarks ass that started it.

Now finish the job!! Bring back Arrowhead!!

Brock 07-18-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819774)
You are completely wrong- the record is not why they started this. If the Seahag fans hadn't been talking so much smack- they could have just went about their record in peace. But they pissed off a lot of fans that remember how it was- we won't just let them take it without a fight. We want to restore Arrowhead- and if you read the post on there- people want the same thing as you do- a winning team and a Loud Arrowhead.

And you really think the Chiefs don't care about winning?? ROFL When in their history have they Ever had an offseason like this- to completly change a culture. And SOC was the cattle prod up Clarks ass that started it.

ROFL god bless you idiot homers.

O.city 07-18-2013 05:48 PM

Uh, 4 years ago?

I think te meth in independence has gotten too strong or you, time to move

Discuss Thrower 07-18-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819774)

Well they did change the culture.. in 2009...

Halfcan 07-18-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9819743)
Maybe hyperbolic, but I highly doubt it's a near-sellout.

First home playoff game in 7 years? Tons of empty seats.

Opening night on MNF against a division rival? A lot of empty seats.

There aren't enough homers left to spend money on this team until it shows it can actually compete against the best of the best regularly.

I don't think there's been a legitimate sellout (asses in seats, not tickets sold, PR-wank bullshit) since Thanksgiving Night, 2006.

I am glad you brought that game up- that is what everyone wants. That game was a blast- great food- great tailgating and it was LOUD!!

I think when the media gets ahold of this- it will sell out- plus standing room. This city misses the Chiefs.

O.city 07-18-2013 05:51 PM

The reason arrowhead was what it was because the chiefs won games against good teams. You want sell outs? Win games.