ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Judge Orders Clinton-Starr Docs Unsealed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313906)

Shaid 02-13-2018 10:44 AM

Judge Orders Clinton-Starr Docs Unsealed
 
Could be interesting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...led/ar-BBJ5eB9

Secret documents detailing special prosecutor Ken Starr’s investigation of President Bill Clinton will reportedly be unsealed following a federal court’s ruling Monday and could be used as a roadmap for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into possible collusion between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.
Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell, of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, stated that the court would release some of the documents, per CNN’s request, but that the court will also review other documents and determine if those will be made public.
Among other things, the documents reportedly describe how Starr’s team and Clinton’s attorneys negotiated for six months before the president sat down for an interview under oath.
Howell explained that some of the records should have been made public before, but that no proper direction had been given for their release. Howell is also the judge likely to oversee Mueller’s grand jury in Washington D.C., according to The National Law Journal.

© Provided by IBT Media

"Apparently, after issuance of the Starr Report, no specific direction was provided to the Clerk's Office as to which documents included in the Starr Report were to be disclosed, and the Clerk's Office rightfully carefully maintains the confidentiality of sealed matters unless expressly directed to unseal records,” Howell wrote in her ruling.
Still, some records are still being kept secret, with the Justice Department being given until February 23 to respond to requests to make them public.
A potential showdown between Mueller and Trump has weighed heavily on the president’s lawyers and his allies. Trump’s attorneys are reportedly worried about the president’s manner of speaking and afraid he could lie to the special counsel, even unwittingly, and have encouraged him not to meet with Mueller.
Others, like Trump confidant Roger Stone, have long stated that Mueller intends to charge Trump and that the president could be walking into a “perjury trap” if he were to be interviewed.
Trump, who has repeatedly denied any collusion between his campaign and Russia to win the 2016 election, labeling the special counsel’s probe a “witch hunt,” has said publicly that he would be “happy” to speak to Mueller’s team under oath.

baitism 02-13-2018 11:03 AM

https://amgreatness.com/wp-content/u...-1024x576.jpeg

BucEyedPea 02-13-2018 11:39 AM

So far, Mueller has nothing on collusion with Russia, which is why he has ONLY succeeded in getting process crimes. This is something TDS'ers keep barking up like Goebbels thinking that repeating it makes it true or will make it true. To date, it appears Mueller only has a process crime to try next on Trump.

Who gives a shit about the Ken Starr investigation. How would that be a roadmap, when Clinton was sued in a civil case. Reaching at Stars literally.

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-13-2018 11:40 AM

I wonder if they will include the details of Web Hubbell getting $700,000 in consulting fees after refusing to testify against Bill?

Chief Northman 02-13-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13415181)
I wonder if they will include the details of Web Hubbell getting $700,000 in consulting fees after refusing to testify against Bill?

I think it was $700,000 hush money to hide the paternity tests.
Chelsea’s daddy.

Eleazar 02-13-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 13415090)
"Secret documents detailing special prosecutor Ken Starr’s investigation of President Bill Clinton will reportedly be unsealed following a federal court’s ruling Monday..."

Hmm. Might be interesting.


Quote:

"...and could be used as a roadmap for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into possible collusion between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia."
What the....?

ROFL

Easy 6 02-13-2018 01:46 PM

The only thing this would be a roadmap for, is to show the narrow scope of Starrs investigation

When Starr tried prying into Whitewater and everything else but Lewinsky, he got his hand slapped and told to stay in his lane... the DOJ needs to send Mueller the same message

SuperChief 02-13-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13415335)
The only thing this would be a roadmap for, is to show the narrow scope of Starrs investigation

When Starr tried prying into Whitewater and everything else but Lewinsky, he got his hand slapped and told to stay in his lane... the DOJ needs to send Mueller the same message

Why? Wouldn't you want justice in instances of injustice?

Easy 6 02-13-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13415337)
Why? Wouldn't you want justice in instances of injustice?

Mueller was brought in to investigate collusion, so far there hasnt been even a sniff of Don colluding with Russia during the campaign... but that hasnt stopped Mueller from digging into anything else he wants to, such as finances going all the way back into the 90s

SuperChief 02-13-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13415344)
Mueller was brought in to investigate collusion, so far there hasnt been even a sniff of Don colluding with Russia during the campaign... but that hasnt stopped Mueller from digging into anything else he wants to, such as finances going all the way back into the 90s

I hate to play the whole Donger game here, but - how do you know anything about that? Let me know what Mueller's thinking on this plz, Mr. Insider ROFL

EDIT: Or Ms. Insider. Not quite sure yet.

Easy 6 02-13-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13415350)
I hate to play the whole Donger game here, but - how do you know anything about that? Let me know what Mueller's thinking on this plz, Mr. Insider ROFL

EDIT: Or Ms. Insider. Not quite sure yet.

We knew about Flynn and Manafort long before anything was official, and you dont think we'd be seeing smoke if they had Dons nuts in a vice?

Truth is, you and your ilk dont give two shits what they get Don for, even if it goes beyond the bounds of what Mueller was brought in to investigate... you just want something, anything

I was against Clinton being railroaded in the 90s, and I'm against Trump getting the same treatment now

SuperChief 02-13-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13415361)
We knew about Flynn and Manafort long before anything was official, and you dont think we'd be seeing smoke if they had Dons nuts in a vice?

Truth is, you and your ilk dont give two shits what they get Don for, even if it goes beyond the bounds of what Mueller was brought in to investigate... you just want something, anything

I was against Clinton being railroaded in the 90s, and I'm against Trump getting the same treatment now

My point was simple - I'm not involved in the investigation, so I can only wildly speculate what may be uncovered. I cannot present that as fact or anything resembling reasonable fact.

That's not what you and your "ilk" do. Ever. For the history of ever. It's all fact. It's quite laughable.

Dems do this too, so I understand the hysteria behind your veiled critique of my "ilk." You don't know shit about me, ma'am.

Personally, if Mueller finds nothing, I have no problem moving on from this investigation in its entirety. Hell - if Clinton were to be investigated and wrongdoings were presented (based on logic and actual evidence), I'd be all for serious consequences placed on her and her consirators.

Prison Bitch 02-13-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13415361)
We knew about Flynn and Manafort long before anything was official, and you dont think we'd be seeing smoke if they had Dons nuts in a vice?

Truth is, you and your ilk dont give two shits what they get Don for, even if it goes beyond the bounds of what Mueller was brought in to investigate... you just want something, anything

I was against Clinton being railroaded in the 90s, and I'm against Trump getting the same treatment now

Spot on. I was the same way with Clinton. Drive him out of office with the vote, not dumb charges.

Sadly today's Libs forgot all their pious lessons on this and are trying to pull a Ken Starr on Trump. (Except Trump hasn't even done anything)

SuperChief 02-13-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13415387)
Spot on. I was the same way with Clinton. Drive him out of office with the vote, not dumb charges.

Sadly today's Libs forgot all their pious lessons on this and are trying to pull a Ken Starr on Trump. (Except Trump hasn't even done anything)

Again - you don't know that for sure. Historically speaking, this is a person whose corrupt business dealings have raised eyebrows all over the world.

*please take the bait, please take the bait*

Prison Bitch 02-13-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 13415393)
Again - you don't know that for sure. Historically speaking, this is a person whose corrupt business dealings have raised eyebrows all over the world.

*please take the bait, please take the bait*


That's rich. That's REALLY rich, using that "don t know for sure" logic, when 75% of Dems have already decided he's guilty before they hear any verdict.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.