ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How to kill Racoons? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119285)

BIG_DADDY 07-11-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly
what the deal is that hounds trail them to water and the coon will stand on there head. Ive seen it happen.
Ive never seen a coon haul a dog of anysize away to drown it.ROFL
though they are tough as hell.
i once put a dog on a coon and the coon bit to the gums and balled up on the dogs face.
had to go get another dog.:)

you can buy a springtrap at mfa/farm and homes for 15$

i caught one last week and put my pup on it,when i got a shot i blew its back legs off and the coon sat up and ate its own flesh.........

My dog has hit coons 3 different times but didn't get a lock on any of them. They ran like hell.

Calcountry 07-11-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
I've got a bit of a problem. The local racoons have decided my backyard is a good place to take a dump. Normally this wouldn't bother me much, because I can just scoop it along with the dog poo. The thing is, everytime I let my dog out, and there is a fresh pile of racoon poo, he decides he needs to roll around in it.

As you can imagine, a dog that just rolled in fresh racoon sh*t doesn't smell very good. In fact, it's enough to gag a maggot. Since it normally happens at night, or first thing in the morning, I'm repeatedly stuck with a dog that needs a bath at the most inconvenient times. If I shower him at night, I have a wet dog that needs to stay inside (stinking of wet dog) until the morning. Bathing him first thing in the morning isn't exactly convenient either. And in general, regardless of the time of day, I don't enjoy bathing a 85 pound ADHD Weimeraner.

The obvious solution is to eliminate the racoons. What's not obvious is how to do it without discharging a gun within city limits. I would prefer to snuff the life out from the rotten little bastards, in a slow painful way. I'm also open to suggestions on how to just keep them off my property, but I really would prefer it if they were dead.

My thinking at this time is to leave out an anti-freeze smoothie. The plus side would be eliminating any stray cats as well. The downside is the risk to dogs. I may also try spotlighting them at night. Problem being my pellet gun won't kill them, and I can't hold a spotlight while shooting a bow. Not to mention waving a spotlight in a residential area at night is bound to attract cops.

Anyways, I'm open to suggestions. I may even try and post some sort of progress report, with pictures of the enemy's corpses.

Blast them with a shot gun. That won't work, how bout poison? No, well then, perhaps you get a bad ass Dog, I am sure Big D has a breed in mind. No, well then just grin and bear it then.

MOhillbilly 07-11-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
My dog has hit coons 3 different times but didn't get a lock on any of them. They ran like hell.

i trap them and sometimes put them in the barn w/ the dog-dogs.
sometimes i just turn em loose in the barnyard w/ dog and shotgun in tow.

HC_Chief 07-11-2005 02:58 PM

Spring traps work great and they're cheap. Coons love chicken... throw a drumstick bone w/ some meat on it in the trap & you'll catch 'em in no time. Just be sure to get a solid trap... one that can take abuse & isn't easy to open (they're smart little bastards).

Calcountry 07-11-2005 02:59 PM

Big D, flush your mailbox regularly. Not doing so, leads to constipation.

BIG_DADDY 07-11-2005 03:00 PM

A high powered air rifle will work great and won't get your neighbors all pissed.

MOhillbilly 07-11-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

A high powered air rifle will work great and won't get your neighbors all pissed.

cause you shoot them?

BIG_DADDY 07-11-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

cause you shoot them?

I'm just saying people are suggesting using a shotgun and that could get your neighbors all pissed if you are within the city limits. An air rifle gets the job done nice and easy without bringing the goon squad to your front door.

MOhillbilly 07-11-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

I'm just saying people are suggesting using a shotgun and that could get your neighbors all pissed if you are within the city limits. An air rifle gets the job done nice and easy without bringing the goon squad to your front door.

only crazy people live in the city. In the country you can kill till your bloodlust is filled........and then some.

jiveturkey 07-11-2005 03:19 PM

Find where the coon lives (rabbits will talk if given the right incentive) and then take a dump in his house.

Leave the dog at home, he may be tempted to roll in it and if your shit smells anything like mine then you'd probably prefer the coon smell.

HC_Chief 07-11-2005 03:21 PM

Quote:

Heh, shotguns do tend to have a bit louder report than air rifles ;)

Of course, that didn't stop me from blasting away at a crappy station wagon parked at my friends' house in a heavily populated urban neighborhood. Beer + guns + "hey, when is that dumbass going to fix that gawddamn car or have it towed?" thoughts @ 2AM, not far from the KBI office bld, tends to bring the 5-0 running. Oh, and helos. :D

Ghostof 07-11-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

only crazy people live in the city. In the country you can kill till your bloodlust is filled........and then some.

Which is why if the Texas Holdem happens it will have to be in the city

Hammock Parties 02-04-2008 05:17 PM

I have a coon in my garden right now. He won't move. I sprayed the ****er with a hose and poked him with a stick. He won't move.

kstater 02-04-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
I have a coon in my garden right now. He won't move. I sprayed the ****er with a hose and poked him with a stick. He won't move.

So many ways to run with this, all would lead to being banned.

Frazod 02-04-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE

Try bullets.