ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music KISSTORY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282813)

Easy 6 04-05-2014 03:12 PM

KISSTORY

Seems you cant look at Yahoo these days without seeing atleast one story about KISS... stuff about the Rock HOF, links to a huge Rolling Stone article etc.

It got my juices flowing for all things KISS, spent a good bit of last night watching concerts and clips, it all reminded just how freakin cool these guys were... they are directly responsible for my love of rock n roll and I'm far from alone, everyone from Garth Brooks to Pearl Jam (Mike McCreadys solo on Alive is aped from Ace Frehleys solo on She) consider them huge influences.

Its a disgrace that it took them this long to get into the Hall... they've sold more albums than The Who, Van Halen and The Doors, among many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._music_artists

So this thread is for all of you aging KISS ARMY fanatics out there, post up your favorite song, cover by a modern rock act or complete concert, interviews or whatever.

Easy 6 04-05-2014 03:13 PM

I'll kick it off, probably the coolest stage they ever had during their prime, incredible energy opening this show.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0NK7X2DjxXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 04-05-2014 03:18 PM

Heres an entry from the much maligned Dynasty album, I don't care what anyone says, this was a very strong album and this may be the best song on it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1qmuSg5iDCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 04-05-2014 03:27 PM

One more for now...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LeUosbClag8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 04-05-2014 03:34 PM

Man, Peter Criss was SUCH an underrated vocalist.

rockymtnchief 04-05-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10541643)
Man, Peter Criss was SUCH an underrated vocalist.

I was a huge fan back in the day. Once Peter left, I kinda lost interest. I always kept track of them from afar, though.

I have the old albums stuffed away somewhere and have Black Diamond and Hard Luck Woman on my iPods.

Easy 6 04-05-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 10541740)
I was a huge fan back in the day. Once Peter left, I kinda lost interest. I always kept track of them from afar, though.

I have the old albums stuffed away somewhere and have Black Diamond and Hard Luck Woman on my iPods.

:thumb: Criss' solo album was the first thing I ever bought with my own money, Hard Luck Woman you say? DAMN good song, one that not a lot of people think of when they think KISS...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N5zzTzGCtQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rockymtnchief 04-05-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10541760)
:thumb: Criss' solo album was the first thing I ever bought with my own money, Hard Luck Woman you say? DAMN good song, one that not a lot of people think of when they think KISS...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N5zzTzGCtQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My 15 year old daughter loves the song. IIRC, isn't it the song Garth Brooks covered on the tribute album?

Easy 6 04-05-2014 04:59 PM

Yep, pretty sure that's Garths favorite KISS song.

These guys were always full of surprises with songs like that, Beth, I Was Made For Lovin You etc.

GloucesterChief 04-05-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10541585)
Its a disgrace that it took them this long to get into the Hall... they've sold more albums than The Who, Van Halen and The Doors, among many others.

And that is just sad considering how influential those three bands were.

Easy 6 04-05-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10542277)
And that is just sad considering how influential those three bands were.

Ah, the first hater chimes in... atleast someone besides myself and rockymountain has something to say, I guess..

Doesn't ultimately matter if YOU think they're any good or not though... the album sales are what they are, they dominated hard rock in the 70's and there is nothing you can do or say to change that.

Don't be a ****ing snob, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't worthwhile, and seriously, you wanna talk about influential? better get your head outta the sand...

GloucesterChief 04-05-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10542322)
Ah, the first hater chimes in... atleast someone besides myself and rockymountain has something to say, I guess..

Doesn't ultimately matter if YOU think they're any good or not though... the album sales are what they are, they dominated hard rock in the 70's and there is nothing you can do or say to change that.

Don't be a ****ing snob, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it wasn't worthwhile, and seriously, you wanna talk about influential? better get your head outta the sand...

Maybe more influential then Van Halen. Not The Who or The Doors though.

The problem with KISS is that all their songs sound a whole lot better when preformed by other people.

Easy 6 04-05-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10542409)
Maybe more influential then Van Halen. Not The Who or The Doors though.

The problem with KISS is that all their songs sound a whole lot better when preformed by other people.

Wrong and wrong and wrong again.

Every hard rock act who came after KISS lists them as an influence, every single one, even "high brow" rockers you wouldn't think like Pearl Jam, Dinosaur JR, Nirvana... YOU may not like them, but that doesn't change the facts.

The problem with your musical opinion, is that you think it matters more than the millions upon millions of people who deeply disagree with you... do you think the Rolling Stones were worried about offending the "high brow" crowds when they gave "2000 Man" to KISS?

Easy 6 04-05-2014 09:33 PM

One more point before I give up on this mfer (buncha ****ing stiffs the lot of ya)... people like to complain about their musicianship, yet COUNTLESS successful artists count them among their biggest musical influences.

People also like to complain about "lowbrow" subjects... tell me again what the Beatles sang about for over half their existence... I'll go ahead and tell you, it was GIRLS AND PARTYING AND HAVING A GOOD TIME, their best stuff was about GIRLS.

Same as the Stones right now, same as AC/DC and Van Halen since forever, same as ALL of these mfers... rock n roll can be boiled down to two basic subjects, and those basic subjects are SEX AND WOMEN.

So spare me the lectures about "they were just a party band"... EVERY good rock act is a party band.

Easy 6 04-05-2014 09:41 PM

Even Tupac seemed a bit flipped out about the reunion...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OTfzmJT8m1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>