ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Most fun (yet plausible) National Championship possibilities (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171829)

Thig Lyfe 10-07-2007 08:48 PM

Most fun (yet plausible) National Championship possibilities

So ESPN's going to be pimping the same ol' boring LSU-OSU type matchup as a potential NC, even with how chaotic this season has been. I'm thinking it would be way more fun to think of the NC scenarios that are quite mathematically possible but extremely unlikely in the traditional college football sense.

The most fun in my mind would be KU vs. South Florida. They're both undefeated and in major conferences (although whether the Big East still counts is debatable) and while flawed, are quite talented teams. If KU can somehow manage to win the Big 12 (and if OSU, Cal and LSU falter, which, hey, is more than likely the was this season is going) and USF can keep doing what they're doing, we might see a basketball program go up against an 11-year-old program in the BCS title game.

What are some other fun possibilities that have emerged in this crazy college season?

Basileus777 10-07-2007 09:03 PM

Boston College vs Cincinnati

College Football is a joke this year, so much parity, so much mediocrity.

keg in kc 10-07-2007 09:04 PM

You call it a joke, I call it the most entertaining season I've ever seen.

KCChiefsMan 10-07-2007 09:06 PM

this season is awesome! KU is RANKED!!!!!! I wish they were good when I was in college

Buck 10-07-2007 09:09 PM

BC vs. USF

Basileus777 10-07-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
You call it a joke, I call it the most entertaining season I've ever seen.

It was entertaining up to a point. Now I don't enjoy the fact that there are few/no truly good teams, just different shades of mediocrity. Average teams shouldn't be in the National Championship, yet that is almost certain to happen now.

tk13 10-07-2007 09:18 PM

I don't know... I almost feel like the college season has been more exciting this year for once, and I never think that. The Patriots being so dominant probably isn't helping.

Frazod 10-07-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777
College Football is a joke this year, so much parity, so much mediocrity.

What, you're sorry that the same ten teams aren't beating everybody else 70-3? Well, WAA. :deevee:

I suppose you're a fucking Yankees fan, too.

Basileus777 10-07-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
What, you're sorry that the same ten teams aren't beating everybody else 70-3? Well, WAA. :deevee:

I suppose you're a fucking Yankees fan, too.

I don't care who the teams are, just as long as they are legitimately good. I don't see different good teams this year, I just see widespread mediocrity. Do you seriously think Boston College and South Florida are top 5 teams because they are good and not because everyone else is so bad?

And being a Yankee fan has nothing to do with it. :)

Frazod 10-07-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

I don't care who the teams are, just as long as they are legitimately good. I don't see different good teams this year, I just see widespread mediocrity.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Zeke Ziggle 10-07-2007 10:21 PM

i would be happy with any combination of Hawaii, USF, and KU however there is no way voters let HU get into the picture even if they run the table

BWillie 10-07-2007 11:29 PM

I made the KU is going to go 10-2 thread, but no way Kansas is going to get out undefeated. The Big 12 screws themselves out of a national championship with the stupid big 12 championship game. Even if KU goes undefeated, they will have to play Oklahoma in the big 12 title game. I can't see KU beating A&M, Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma all in the same year.

DJ's left nut 10-07-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

I don't care who the teams are, just as long as they are legitimately good. I don't see different good teams this year, I just see widespread mediocrity. Do you seriously think Boston College and South Florida are top 5 teams because they are good and not because everyone else is so bad?

LSU is legitimately good, borderline great.

They'll have some rough patches, but if any team is able to come out of the SEC undefeated, that was a very very good football team.

It's LSU, then the rest of the league. Florida played as strong a game as they could possibly play and it still wasn't enough to beat an LSU team that was only firing on 6 cylinders.

Most fun possibilities? MU and South Carolina.

Hootie 10-07-2007 11:40 PM

Illinois Vs. Missouri

Valiant 10-08-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007
I made the KU is going to go 10-2 thread, but no way Kansas is going to get out undefeated. The Big 12 screws themselves out of a national championship with the stupid big 12 championship game. Even if KU goes undefeated, they will have to play Oklahoma in the big 12 title game. I can't see KU beating A&M, Nebraska, Missouri, and Oklahoma all in the same year.

Well if they can't beat Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship then they don't deserve a National Championship shot..

Missouri vs. Hawaii for me.. Think that would be a fun game to watch.. Never will happen though..