ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Random Thoughts - Trade for 1st overall pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=131397)

Johnson&Johnson 12-16-2005 12:14 PM

Random Thoughts - Trade for 1st overall pick

:hmmm:
Would you trade Priest and Tony G plus our 1st round pick for the 2nd overall pick?

For a chance at Matt Leinart or Reggie Bush.

If Texans let David Carr go, they might take Leinart with 1st pick.

Or if Texans beat SF in week 17, SF might get first overall pick and draft Bush.

If we have a chance to draft Bush, perhaps we trade Larry Johnson and keep Priest. (Priest might be a great mentor to Reggie Bush, like he did with LJ)

I think we can't loose if we trade our 1st pick along with Tony G (while he still has value + 1 of our RB) for a chance at the 1st or 2nd overall pick.

....until then

Let's go pound the rock at the stinking Giants:mad:.

Hammock Parties 12-16-2005 12:15 PM

We don't need either of those players. Your and idiot.

Johnson&Johnson 12-16-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
We don't need either of those players. Your and idiot.

hello ..anybody home..

mcfly???

did you get the topic - RAN-DOM THOUGHTS

and its YOU ARE AN Idiot

not YOUR AND Idiot.ROFL

Hammock Parties 12-16-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson&Johnson
hello ..anybody home..

mcfly???

and its YOU ARE A Idiot

not YOUR AND Idiot.ROFL

Retart.

Brock 12-16-2005 12:20 PM

More like random BS.

chagrin 12-16-2005 12:21 PM

The Texans coaches, and ownership, are fooling themselves if they truly believe that David Carr is the problem there. Dom friggin Capers is not a leader of men, in the Head Coach capacity. He had 1 good year in Carolina, with veteran players who basically didn't need to be coached to play, and then he fell on his face.

That team needs an Offensive Line worth a shit, so maybe their QB can have some time to throw the ball.

That's the difference between David Carr and let's say, Joey Harrington (who many here believe would help KC). Joey has consistently had a solid offensive line in front of him and still cannot hit his targets, he just stinks.

David Carr has proven that he can throw the ball and put it in place, WHEN he has time.

Houston needs to draft Reggie Bush first and then move on to O Linemen, and leave it at that.

I would much rather have that problem than trying to figure out WTF the CHIEFS are going to need to go ahead and do in the draft.

Mr. Laz 12-16-2005 12:22 PM

not right now...

we don't need Reggie Bush and before leinart becomes our QB we will have to go into a major rebuilding mode.

not there yet

10 our of 11 offensive starters will be back imo. Only shields will retire.

we have one more year before stuff starts falling apart.

we can draft a QBotF ... but not that kind of trade at this point.

Fire Me Boy! 12-16-2005 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson&Johnson
hello ..anybody home..

mcfly???

and its YOU ARE A Idiot

not YOUR AND Idiot.ROFL

First of all, if you're going to correct someone, you MIGHT want to make sure you know that "a" idiot isn't right. It's AN idiot. And you're obviously a noob. "Your and idiot" is common around here when you're being stupid.

Maybe you should retitle this "Ran-DUMB thoughts"... like gochiefs said, "retart."

Eleazar 12-16-2005 12:25 PM

ESPN reported weeks ago that the Texans' GM said the team would pick up the option on his contract.

Gaz 12-16-2005 12:25 PM

Well, it had to happen some fine day...

No.

Neither player is what we need.

xoxo~
Gaz
In agreement with Laz [and checking the sky for aviating pigs].

htismaqe 12-16-2005 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
not right now...

we don't need Reggie Bush and before leinart becomes our QB we will have to go into a major rebuilding mode.

not there yet

Exactly. We have big needs on both lines, at WR, and at CB. We should look to address a position of need...

Fish 12-16-2005 12:28 PM

I think that's a really bad RAN-DOM thought. With the high number of draft busts lately, why risk it? Why trade TGonz and Priest and a 1st round pick for someone who is unproven in the NFL? Why trade TGonz at all?

This is why I don't wake-and-bake and post RAN-DOM thoughts........

Johnson&Johnson 12-16-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
not right now...

not there yet

I understand. But 2006 draft might be exceptionally unique in which if you drafted 1st or 2nd, you are bound to find a franchise player. You can't say the same for a lot from recent drafts. (Manning, Leaf) (Carr, Harrington) (C. Palmer, C. Rogers) (Couch, McnNabb)

The NFL is a (win-now) league. By the time we do need help at the skill positions, it might be too late. Remember how long it took KC to get Trent + Priest and Tony? After Montana and Marcus and DT were all gone..we went through some painful years with Bam Morris, Andre Rison, Elvis, Rashan Shehee..if you don;t recall

Fire Me Boy! 12-16-2005 12:32 PM

We need that 6-9 LT if he falls to us (can't remember his name), but I think we're pretty good on OLine... Shields will retired. Roaf, Waters, Weigmann are back, Welbourne will move back to guard (which is where he belongs) and Kevin Sampson is back at RT. LT is an area of concern, because even if he stays healthy, Roaf won't be here much longer.

CB/WR is a big area of need -- moreso WR than CB, IMO. I think Samie Parker is making strides and potentially will be a solid #2, if not a #1... but SOON we'll need someone to take Kennison's place. I like Horn/Boe as our #3... but I think we should commit to one of them.

Mr. Laz 12-16-2005 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz

No.

Neither player is what we need.

xoxo~
Gaz
In agreement with Laz [and checking the sky for aviating pigs].

http://img196.exs.cx/img196/2865/pig...vestiny0pg.gif