ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 21 Actors who almost got the part (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273580)

RunKC 06-04-2013 10:33 AM

21 Actors who almost got the part

too long to paste so I'll just link this up.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalde...t-got-the-part

Can you imagine Al Pacino as Han Solo? How bout Emily Blunt as Black Widow?
Or how about Tom Cruise as Iron Man?

Thank God they didn't get those parts.

FTR, I think Jim Carrey would have been a solid Jack Sparrow. Not as good as Johnny Depp, but he'd still be pretty funny and entertaining IMO.

old_geezer 06-04-2013 11:38 AM

1. I'm actually happy Kristen Stewart beat out Jennifer Lawrence for the lead in that steaming pile of **** called Twilight.

2. How in the hell did a no-talent like Stewart actually beat out Jennifer Lawrence for anything?

CleveSteve 06-04-2013 12:56 PM

She looks more helpless.

duncan_idaho 06-04-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 9728583)
1. I'm actually happy Kristen Stewart beat out Jennifer Lawrence for the lead in that steaming pile of **** called Twilight.

2. How in the hell did a no-talent like Stewart actually beat out Jennifer Lawrence for anything?

Maybe by letting the director :p ?

It's worked for her before...

SnakeXJones 06-04-2013 01:54 PM

David Boreanaz as Batman would have been really bad choice

DaveNull 06-04-2013 03:51 PM

I can see the Punisher as Don Draper and Will Smith as Django. Tom Cruise would have never made it as Iron Man. The stories I heard was that the first Iron Man was essentially made up as they went along. Don't see Tom Cruise doing that...it would have ended up like that disaster of a Hulk movie with Ed Norton.

Oh, and Tim Roth would have been a good Snape but nowhere nearly as good as Rickman was.

notorious 06-04-2013 06:54 PM

They made the right decision is almost all of them.

I cringe at the thought of Jim Carrey as Jack Sparrow.

Sure-Oz 06-04-2013 07:01 PM

Boreanaz as Batman, good god

Sure-Oz 06-04-2013 07:03 PM

Will Smith was stupid to pass on Django, ended up working out anyway

listopencil 06-05-2013 12:49 PM

I think I would have loved Al Pacino as Han Solo. Jim Carrey could have pulled off Jack Sparrow but it would have been a much different character, I would prefer Depp. Other than that those alternates would have been either bad or no difference to me.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 9729193)
it would have ended up like that disaster of a Hulk movie with Ed Norton.

I greatly preferred that version to Ang Lee/Eric Bana's version. I hope Marvel decides to do a stand alone with Ruffalo because IMO, he's perfect as Bruce Banner/Hulk.

ThaVirus 06-05-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9730957)
I greatly preferred that version to Ang Lee/Eric Bana's version. I hope Marvel decides to do a stand alone with Ruffalo because IMO, he's perfect as Bruce Banner/Hulk.

Yeah, the Ed Norton Hulk film was the best so far...

Jarni 06-07-2013 06:07 PM

Yeah, I saw this the other day and was so glad that they didn't cast some of the actors that they had originally planned. I don't think Han Solo could've been anyone but Harrison Ford...in an alternative reality someone's Star Wars must be lacking...

Baby Lee 06-07-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoucheMcCloud (Post 9730957)

Spoiler!

Was the closest to a jump up and do a little dance moment in the movies this past year. Impeccably filmed/CGIed.

Passepartout 06-07-2013 06:26 PM

Han Solo with Al Pacino? Great actor but Harrison Ford is THE ONE AND ONLY HAN SOLO!