ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   David Carr (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126539)

kczoo 10-15-2005 07:17 AM

David Carr

Free agent after this year. I think Texans would re-sign, but he is accurate behind a solid line

Gaz 10-15-2005 07:20 AM

Run, David...run far, far away from here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kczoo
Free agent after this year. I think Texans would re-sign, but he is accurate behind a solid line

Too bad the Chiefs will not have a solid line next year.

xoxo~
Gaz
Looking at some grim times down the road.

Mecca 10-15-2005 07:22 AM

Are you saying you want the Chiefs to take a look at him? He's talented sure, but he's never developed. He's still in many ways the same QB he was his rookie year.

Now inspite of that even if the Chiefs did want him. I think that's pretty much a pipe dream. Say he gets out of Houston, could happen, new coach will likely be coming in next year. There are teams in this league that would pay him and make him the starter. I don't see Trent Green retiring after this year.

With the cap issues we are going to have next year, I don't see how we could afford him and I don't see him wanting to be a backup till Trent hangs it up.

It's a nice thought but it's pretty unlikely in my view.

JimNasium 10-15-2005 07:25 AM

I just can't see us in the mix for a quarterback like Carr until Trent retires. :shake:

Skip Towne 10-15-2005 07:25 AM

Like Gaz says, we need to address more immediate issues like the O line and WR.

NaptownChief 10-15-2005 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz

Gaz
Looking at some grim times down the road.

As opposed to these really good times we had on the road of present? :D

Gaz 10-15-2005 07:34 AM

New to the Chiefs, are we Naptown?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaptownChief
As opposed to these really good times we had on the road of present? :D

Poe-TAY-toe, poe-TAH-toe.

xoxo~
Gaz
Lived through some truly grim days as a Chiefs fan.

nychief 10-15-2005 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
I just can't see us in the mix for a quarterback like Carr until Trent retires. :shake:

I disagree.. I could see us taking a flyer on one of CP's loves.. JOEY HARRIGTON, after he gets the boot in the next year.

chefsos 10-15-2005 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz

Poe-TAY-toe, poe-TAH-toe.

xoxo~
Gaz
Lived through some truly grim days as a Chiefs fan.

Absolutely. Two words: Paul Wiggin.

NaptownChief 10-15-2005 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
I disagree.. I could see us taking a flyer on one of CP's loves.. JOEY HARRIGTON, after he gets the boot in the next year.

Given Green's age this situation should be very attractive to a free agent talent that wants a first or second shot at being a starting QB in the league.

Guys like Carr, Harrington, A.Brooks are some I think their current team could give up on soon. Harrington and Brooks don't interest me at all as they have had decent situations around them and pretty much don't get it done. Carr would be the one that interest me most as he has had a horrible OLine his whole time in Houston which means there is certainly a chance that he could still be special if given some protection. He is still a talented player with unknown upside. I think Harrington and Brooks upside is known.

Rex Grossman is another talent that might be had for beans if Orton keeps playing well. He has had horrible luck with injuries and probably won't be handed the starting job when he comes back....So he could be cut loose.

Tim Rattay is another possibility....He has looked pretty good for being on a bad team. He is a FA after next season and his contract is for $1.25 mil which is probably more than the 9ers want to pay for a backup.

Even if they don't go after one of these bigger name types they need to get some young talent with upside into the system and give them a chance of having something without causing a big rebuilding problem when Green is done. Derrick Anderson who Baltimore moved up and down from the practice squad is a guy I would like to snag if they move him back to the practice squad after Boller comes back.

tomahawk kid 10-15-2005 08:02 AM

I'm still thinking that the Chiefs are gonna take a run at Harrington, after the Lions dump his ass.

NaptownChief 10-15-2005 08:03 AM

Just noticed that the Browns already took my idea and snatched Derek Anderson of the Ravens practice squad and put him on their roster.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2005 08:05 AM

Ugh, just say no to Aaron Brooks.

nychief 10-15-2005 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs
Ugh, just say no to Aaron Brooks.

agreed. www.dumbqb.com

Chiefnj 10-15-2005 08:11 AM

Why would a new coach, who likely will have a 3 year plan want to start with Trent at QB when Trent likely only has 1-2 years left? Wouldn't he rather start with a younger QB who will last the full 3 years and who is still developing? On offense there isn't much of a nucleus to build around. Within the next two years KC will lose Trent, Holmes, (LJ will be a FA), Shields, Roaf, TRich, Gonzo will be able to void his contract, Kennison will be near the end of his career. All the pro-bowl caliber guys are likely gone.