ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will McFadden play against Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254063)

Deberg_1990 12-21-2011 05:52 PM

Will McFadden play against Chiefs?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPUQ1MF18H.DTL

The Raiders were 4-2 when Darren McFadden was healthy, and as good as replacement Michael Bush has been at times, they are 3-5 since McFadden got hurt on the second play of the game against Kansas City on Oct. 23.

McFadden was averaging 5.4 yards per carry and not only kept opposing defenses honest (and scared), but also kept Oakland's 27th-ranked defense off the field.

Which is why there was a buzz Tuesday when McFadden took the field shortly after practice started. After missing 57 days with a mid-foot sprain, McFadden walked to the far end of the field and started jogging with a trainer.

Light jogging.

And that is big news after weeks of coach Hue Jackson saying McFadden was "closer to returning than not."

"He was moving around, so that's a good thing," Jackson said Tuesday. "We can't run from that. I told you I'm not hiding him, that's for sure. He's out here running around a little bit, and we'll see where we are as we continue to move forward."

Two weeks ago, McFadden tried to jog and Jackson said, "He wasn't ready." Now, the coach will wait to see the update this morning on McFadden and receiver Jacoby Ford (foot), who was jogging with McFadden.

"We just want to make sure he's totally where he needs to be before we put him out there," Jackson said. "We have to be very careful with that. This guy is very valuable to the organization and to this football team. We don't want to do anything that's going to jeopardize his career or his opportunity to play."

McFadden, it turns out, has a Lisfranc sprain - which involves the joint - as opposed to a generic mid-foot injury. Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub underwent season-ending surgery in November because of a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, but McFadden didn't need surgery.

When ESPN's Stephania Bell, a physical therapist who reports on NFL injuries, heard that diagnosis two weeks ago, she said it was "hard to imagine" McFadden returning this regular season.

"It is important that full healing occur in order to restore normal gait and prevent future problems," Bell said.

McFadden's return to the backfield next week or next year would restore some big-play ability.

Oakland leads the NFL with 20 runs of at least 20 yards but had gone 101 straight carries without one until fullback Marcel Reece broke off a 26-yarder Sunday. (It was a 56-yarder before Detroit successfully challenged that Reece had stepped out of bounds.)

Bush has 841 yards on 214 carries (3.9 average) this season, not to mention 381 yards receiving, but former Raiders running back Marcus Allen said defenses can cheat against the pass with Bush taking the ball instead of McFadden.

Bush "just doesn't have the explosiveness" and ability to hit the edge that McFadden does, Allen told NationalFootballAuthority.com.

"McFadden, before he was injured, was a legitimate threat to score on every play," Allen said. "He can go the distance on any play, and that's what defenses have to pay a lot of attention to. Anytime you have a threat like that back there, you usually put eight in the box, which opens up the passing game."

That being said, Bush does do particularly well against the Chiefs, this week's opponent, whom McFadden will definitely miss. Bush has run 86 times for 497 yards (5.8 average) and two touchdowns in six career appearances against Kansas City, including a 137-yard effort in a 31-10 win there - without McFadden - Jan. 2 to close out the 2010 season.

"I personally like playing in their stadium," Bush said. "Their fans are always loud and against you and hostile, and I love it

Micjones 12-21-2011 05:55 PM

Won't matter. Bush'll be ready to go if DMC can't.
And he's been a load too in the past.

Dexter Manley 12-21-2011 05:58 PM

Maybe once, next year...

RNR 12-21-2011 05:58 PM

No and Bush is good but he is not the back McFadden is~

Okie_Apparition 12-21-2011 06:00 PM

The last paragraph says no

whoman69 12-21-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 8226723)
No and Bush is good but he is not the back McFadden is~

Nor is he as much a broke dick.

R8RFAN 12-21-2011 06:13 PM

Bush is 159 yards short of 1000 for the year....

Not bad for a backup...

R8RFAN 12-21-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8226748)
Nor is he as much a broke dick.

We prefer to call him Pussyfoot

R8RFAN 12-21-2011 06:15 PM

I am just glad he wasn't injured for the year by the mascot

TimeForWasp 12-21-2011 06:16 PM

We could deal with him for two more plays.

ThaVirus 12-21-2011 06:17 PM

McFadden doesn't scare me. We locked down Adrian Peterson and I felt like we were going to do the same before DJ put Forte on the bench. We have more problems with big guys that are hard to bring down.

Okie_Apparition 12-21-2011 06:19 PM

Sabby will be puking spiked eggnog all over Bush

Ugly Duck 12-21-2011 06:56 PM

He ain't been practicing and there is only one more practice before they travel to KC. I would say the chances of him playing are slim and none. Dude is probably done for the year with the Linsfreak sparin. Jacoby Ford ain't been practicing either. Not much chance of him playing as well. Taiwan Jones has practiced the last two days so it looks like they'll have him for Saturday's game if he doesn't experience any setbacks before then.

Titty Meat 12-21-2011 07:01 PM

DMC might be done Lisc Franc is a pretty bad injury.

ThaVirus 12-21-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 8226895)
He ain't been practicing and there is only one more practice before they travel to KC. I would say the chances of him playing are slim and none. Dude is probably done for the year with the Linsfreak sparin. Jacoby Ford ain't been practicing either. Not much chance of him playing as well. Taiwan Jones has practiced the last two days so it looks like they'll have him for Saturday's game if he doesn't experience any setbacks before then.

Truthfully, I'm not worried about anyone on your team. You guys suck and I look forward to pounding you into the dirt on Saturday... I just hope you can muster up some semblance of NFL ability in time to beat the Chargers.