ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267791)

Sorter 12-18-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9221892)
Sorry. I'm still in rage mode from my encounter with burt last night

Jesus, those two guys are morons. No wonder they came from the same parent.

niblet 12-18-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9221970)
What I am reading however is you can't answer why he hasn't seen the field, & for some reason don't seem to care. I however, & many others on this board do.

We're Chiefs fans and we're using playing time as an indicator of a quarterback's skills?

htismaqe 12-18-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9221970)
htis - love this sparring we do - guess I will have to agree to disagree as I have to blast soon.

What I am reading however is you can't answer why he hasn't seen the field, & for some reason don't seem to care. I however, & many others on this board do.

Yeah, I actually did answer, either in this thread or the other where we're bickering. :)

Stanzi hasn't seen the field because:

1) He's a fifth round draft pick and hasn't done anything spectacular enough to warrant playing time and
2) Our staff and front office has always had their pets, so Stanzi would have had to do something REALLY spectacular, like throw 5 TDs in a preseason game, to see the field.

Titty Meat 12-18-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9222028)
Yeah, I actually did answer, either in this thread or the other where we're bickering. :)

1) He's a fifth round draft pick and hasn't done anything spectacular enough to warrant playing time and
2) Our staff and front office has always had their pets, so Stanzi would have had to do something REALLY spectacular, like throw 5 TDs in a preseason game, to see the field.

It's probably because he sucks. The excuse that the o-line sucked really didn't fly this past pre-season. Against St.Louis Stanzi looked mentally unprepared and so flustrated they benched him. Benched him during a pre season game against 3rd stringers. If you'll recall the Brady Quinn came in and threw a touchdown with the same scrubs.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9222090)
It's probably because he sucks. The excuse that the o-line sucked really didn't fly this past pre-season. Against St.Louis Stanzi looked mentally unprepared and so flustrated they benched him. Benched him during a pre season game against 3rd stringers. If you'll recall the Brady Quinn came in and threw a touchdown with the same scrubs.

It probably is but to say that he has no business in the NFL is just silly. To say it's 100% for certain that he sucks, given who our GM and HC are, is to completely dismiss alternate possibilities that absolutely DO exist.

Again, if Kirk Cousins can string together a few competent quarters under Mike Shanahan, so could Stanzi.

Does that mean I think he's a HoFer, or even a potential starter? Nope.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9221940)
i do think there will be a difference from 2009 and next year in terms of roster overhaul

i understand that tons of turds were left on the team in 2009. But I think for the culture to change this time (having gotten way worse in 4 years going backwards, for essentially another rebuild so 8 years to rebuild a rebuild in total) but for the culture to change I think a roster overhaul is order

you dont go 2-14 anymore and not have a complete roster overhaul if you want to try and be competitve and make a change

I just think a QB is coming, (Geno) but also with that a great roster purge also to go with that QB.

Somebody should do a case study on the Indianapolis Colts. That's a team that let go of a lot of great players (namely veterans who needed new contracts) while still picking and choosing some leftover from the old regime.

Who did they cut? How did those guys get replaced? Etc.

bishop_74 12-18-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9222028)

This. There is no doubt in my mind that all of the coaches that have seen Stanzi have not seen what they have liked. He has to be worse than Cassell and Quinn otherwise he would have seen the field. Nothing else makes sense. I highly doubt that if they saw something promising in him they would decide that they would rather not save their jobs by playing him.

ILChief 12-18-2012 06:04 PM

I used to want Stanzi to play. No we are so close to the first pick I don't want to mess with our momentum

aturnis 12-18-2012 06:07 PM

One thing anyone needs to remember when considering any QB on this roster is their OC and QB coach. Neither can be trusted with a young QB. Hope they bring in someone good for Geno, b/c they haven't done any of our QB's any favors...

Sorter 12-18-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9222303)
I used to want Stanzi to play. No we are so close to the first pick I don't want to mess with our momentum

This. If we were going to see if he was good, it should have been done months ago. Too late.

GloryDayz 12-18-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9220256)
Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday
By SAM McDOWELL
The Kansas City Star
A physical Oakland Raiders defense took its toll on the Chiefs on Sunday for the second time this season.
“Everything,” offensive lineman Eric Winston responded Monday when asked what went wrong offensively. “You can’t point the finger at one guy. We didn’t open up (running lanes) at all. We didn’t (pass) protect at all.”

Eric shedding blame!!!!!!! LOL

Aidan 12-18-2012 06:59 PM

Cassel should be the starter.