ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News 2 Armed Men Break into Denver Middle School (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278318)

Hammock Parties 11-05-2013 03:33 AM

2 Armed Men Break into Denver Middle School

https://www.buzzfeed.com/catesevilla...nver-arts-scho

Quote:

Two armed men have reportedly broken into Noel Middle School in Denver early on Tuesday morning.

Denver police were first alerted after two janitors in the school first noticed the break-in. Police have said are unsure of the exact firearms they’re carrying, but both SWAT and the bomb squad are at the scene.

According to Denver Police’s Twitter feed, all staff have been evacuated and they don’t believe anyone is in danger inside the school.

Denver Police activated a reverse 9-1-1 and advised those in neighboring areas to remain indoors, but did not issue an evacuation of the area..

kcxiv 11-05-2013 03:36 AM

back in my late teens and early 20's we knew the janitor at a middle school here in town and he used to open up the basketball gym for us and we would play hoops n drink beer in there all night. Drunken basketball was a blast. all it took was giving him some pot.

Rausch 11-05-2013 03:37 AM

How many employees are in a middle school at 3 am?...

Aries Walker 11-05-2013 05:50 AM

I'm just curious. Are we allowed to talk about gun control yet, or would we still be ghoulishly cashing in on a national tragedy?

Lex Luthor 11-05-2013 06:00 AM

I'm curious too. Wasn't the school a gun-free zone? How could the perps have possibly got their guns into the building? Wasn't there a sign by the entrance?

Saulbadguy 11-05-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10161803)
back in my late teens and early 20's we knew the janitor at a middle school here in town and he used to open up the basketball gym for us and we would play hoops n drink beer in there all night. Drunken basketball was a blast. all it took was giving him some pot.

heh

CrazyPhuD 11-05-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10161823)
I'm just curious. Are we allowed to talk about gun control yet, or would we still be ghoulishly cashing in on a national tragedy?

Sure have you read the article yet?

Quote:

After the suspects were arrested, police did a thorough sweep of the school, and found the assault rifles and what they’ve described as being “more than likely B.B. guns”
Just make sure you remove your foot from your mouth first so we don't misunderstand you.

I'm sure you'd get a bunch of people on this board that would more than support banning BBs, hell AAs, As, Bs, and I'm sure even some Cs too.

TribalElder 11-05-2013 06:54 AM

I see they are in custody without much incident so this actually doesn't belong in

*** The Official Random Shootings for No Apparent Reason Thread ***

nevermind

Eleazar 11-05-2013 07:04 AM

Assault BB guns! Be afraid, be very afraid.

Bwana 11-05-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10161823)

Yeah, BB guns, the work of the devil!!

LoneWolf 11-05-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10161904)

"You'll shoot your eye out!"--Ralphie's Mom.

Radar Chief 11-05-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10161904)

When I was, like, 10 many a squirrel/bird paid the ultimate price for ending up in the sites of my Daisy Saddle Rifle.

http://i41.tinypic.com/bdskzm.jpg

Honestly, many a friend too but this was back before paint ball guns. :evil:

Dayze 11-05-2013 08:17 AM

our janitor had a tattoo on his forearm of a naked Hawaiian lady; something happened to him when he was a kid that broke his arm in such a way that he could move a plate in his forearm by flexing his fist/wrist that would make the Hawaiian lady's hips move.

at 8-10 years old, it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.
he also lived up the street from me and my friends and had a huge trampoline. he would let us jump on it when ever we wanted as long as we let him know first.
He was the coolest dude I had met up to that point lol.

BlackHelicopters 11-05-2013 08:22 AM

The janitors at our middle school would hate when we would vomit in the toilets. Suggested we use the sinks.

Aries Walker 11-05-2013 05:59 PM

Yeah, fine, they were BB guns after all. Good, I'm glad to hear it. But a) the question still stands as a generalization, b) you can't really blame me for expecting every gun thread here in DC to erupt into a flame war, given our track record, and c) do you think this would have made national news if not for all of the other shootings going on all over everywhere?