ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 vs. PS3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266705)

kcxiv 11-22-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9143146)
Are you talking about the new slim units or the old white units?

slims! can be done on both i believe, just a little more of a pain in the ass.

I just realized i said original. I should have said basic cheap 4gb xbox's.

My "original" xbox disc drive dont work. Its strickly a media center now.

Mr. Plow 11-23-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9143265)
Sam's Club has a 250 gb PS3, along with an extra controller, with two games (Uncharted, InFamous?) for $248. Strongly considering picking one of those up, although I know nothing about the games in question.

Those are two of the games I'd love to play if I had a PS3. Can't vouch for how good they are though.

Silock 11-30-2012 02:26 PM

I hope God of War picks up. I played it for a couple of hours today, and it's just kinda . . . boring. Square, square, square, square, square, triangle, L2, repeat.

007 11-30-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9164938)
I hope God of War picks up. I played it for a couple of hours today, and it's just kinda . . . boring. Square, square, square, square, square, triangle, L2, repeat.

I love a good button masher.

Gonzo 11-30-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9143265)
Sam's Club has a 250 gb PS3, along with an extra controller, with two games (Uncharted, InFamous?) for $248. Strongly considering picking one of those up, although I know nothing about the games in question.

All the Uncharted games are excellent and I love the Infamous games as well. Infamous 2 is a great time waster with excellent graphics and a good story. You don't have to play the first one but I recommend doing so.

Sure-Oz 12-01-2012 02:06 AM

My ps3 had corrupt data and had to format. Loaned it to a buddy and got it back. Im sure he did nothing wrong, just odd as ****. Had to reboot in safe mode but its back to default shit. I dont think ive ever been so pissed. Had a ps3 for several years no issues, but its working atleast. Lost all my saves

007 12-01-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9166352)
My ps3 had corrupt data and had to format. Loaned it to a buddy and got it back. Im sure he did nothing wrong, just odd as ****. Had to reboot in safe mode but its back to default shit. I dont think ive ever been so pissed. Had a ps3 for several years no issues, but its working atleast. Lost all my saves

you don't backup your saves?

Sure-Oz 12-01-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9166359)
you don't backup your saves?

I got a few memory sticks 2 weeks ago but procrastinated. Paid for it.

Sure-Oz 12-01-2012 02:20 AM

Gotta play all the walking deads and start over on mass effect 2 now. Not so pissed about uncharted 1-3 cuz ive beaten them a few times. So dumb of me.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9124367)
This is the never ending debate.

There's no right or wrong answer.

I don't mind shelling out $10/month to play online.

I also have a DVD player with the 360 which works fine. Blu-Ray does nothing for me.

Really I love blu-ray. I like the 360 and the PS3 both and own them both. If I had to choose which one was better I guess I'd have to pick PS3 though. More good exclusives (to me anyway) and I really do enjoy the blu-ray player. Like I said though...I like them both.

mnchiefsguy 12-02-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9165456)
All the Uncharted games are excellent and I love the Infamous games as well. Infamous 2 is a great time waster with excellent graphics and a good story. You don't have to play the first one but I recommend doing so.

Started playing Uncharted a bit. It has been a long time since I have done any serious gaming, so I have died quite a bit. Game is really fun though, like a modern Indiana Jones. I will probably pick up Uncharted 3 once I finish the first two.

mnchiefsguy 12-02-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9166383)
Really I love blu-ray. I like the 360 and the PS3 both and own them both. If I had to choose which one was better I guess I'd have to pick PS3 though. More good exclusives (to me anyway) and I really do enjoy the blu-ray player. Like I said though...I like them both.

The blu-ray player on the PS3 is fantastic. And now that I have found software that streams my video files from my pc, those look great as well. I am very pleased with that aspect of it.

Imon Yourside 12-03-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9166376)
Gotta play all the walking deads and start over on mass effect 2 now. Not so pissed about uncharted 1-3 cuz ive beaten them a few times. So dumb of me.

Get the Mass effect series on PC, much better graphics and maybe cheap on steam as well.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9164938)

The boss fights aren't like that at all. There's some tactical sense to it.

Imon Yourside 12-03-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9175507)
The boss fights aren't like that at all. There's some tactical sense to it.

GOW always seemed to canned for me, not much choice on what you can do. Of course I'm a PC gamer first and once you've played the Elder scrolls series everything else seems way to linear.