ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Carson Palmer unwilling to restructure? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271464)

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-30-2013 11:55 PM

Really, I'm more interested in his barbershop quartet albums that he's singing on this year. They should be released by Def Jam.

jimw51 03-31-2013 02:54 AM

I guess he is ready to get his brains kicked in at arizona

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9543074)
Really, I'm more interested in his barbershop quartet albums that he's singing on this year. They should be released by Def Jam.

I figured you'd quit while ahead on that. That thread did NOT turn out well for ya LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2013 08:40 AM

...it's no coincidence why the same teams fail every year.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-31-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9543390)
I figured you'd quit while ahead on that. That thread did NOT turn out well for ya LMAO

Tell me you can't picture Palmer, Cassel, Leinart & Sanchez dressed up in those gaudy barbershop outfits singing and not smile.

Nope? Ok, now picture yourself heckling this quartet. Smile?

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-31-2013 09:58 PM

Palmer to the Cardinals. It's likely Oakland gets a fourth- or fifth-round pick in return, and Palmer, 33, signs a deal commensurate with his recent performance but recognizing his chance for a revival playing for Bruce Arians and playing with Larry Fitzgerald. I understand why Palmer wouldn't take a financial haircut in Oakland: I wouldn't have either, knowing the Raiders were a short-term place and understanding if he held his ground, the Raiders might enable him to go to a place that fit him better.

A couple of things about this move that I like: Last year, I remember going to Indianapolis to write about the Colts when Arians was the interim coach. "I hate the West Coast Offense,'' Arians said. Arians wanted a big-armed quarterback stretching the defense, and it showed in Luck's numbers. In 2012, Luck had the second-longest average pass length in the league, 10.17 yards downfield. Match that with Palmer's desire to show he can be the big-armed thrower Arians needs. Believe me, Palmer chafes at the impression he doesn't have the arm he used to. In his first half-season with the Raiders, he was among the NFL's yards-per-attempt leaders, because coach Hue Jackson liked to stretch the defense.

Let's not be delusional about Palmer. You can't say he's a premier player anymore, but you also can't say he can't play. He threw for 4,018 yards, and his interception percentage (14 picks on 565 attempts, 2.5 percent) was lower than that of Drew Brees and Eli Manning. He wants to play the Arians way. I believe Arians is the best coach in the league for Palmer. I also believe Palmer wouild buy in totally to Arians' plan, and I hear he's excited about a chance in Arizona. A move would allow him to stay close to his southern California home, and to play in a system that wouldn't be a reach for his game. And Palmer would have the kind of reliable deep-threat receiver in Larry Fitzgerald that few quarterbacks have at their disposal.

Does that mean Arizona will contend? I doubt it sincerely. The leaky offensive line must be significantly better to give the immobile Palmer a chance to play well. But of all the quarterbacks on the market or in the 2013 draft, Palmer gives the Cardinals the best chance to be competitive as the fourth-best team in a suddenly very good NFC West.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2PBGnABIT

R8RFAN 03-31-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9544796)
Palmer to the Cardinals. It's likely Oakland gets a fourth- or fifth-round pick in return, and Palmer, 33, signs a deal commensurate with his recent performance but recognizing his chance for a revival playing for Bruce Arians and playing with Larry Fitzgerald. I understand why Palmer wouldn't take a financial haircut in Oakland: I wouldn't have either, knowing the Raiders were a short-term place and understanding if he held his ground, the Raiders might enable him to go to a place that fit him better.

A couple of things about this move that I like: Last year, I remember going to Indianapolis to write about the Colts when Arians was the interim coach. "I hate the West Coast Offense,'' Arians said. Arians wanted a big-armed quarterback stretching the defense, and it showed in Luck's numbers. In 2012, Luck had the second-longest average pass length in the league, 10.17 yards downfield. Match that with Palmer's desire to show he can be the big-armed thrower Arians needs. Believe me, Palmer chafes at the impression he doesn't have the arm he used to. In his first half-season with the Raiders, he was among the NFL's yards-per-attempt leaders, because coach Hue Jackson liked to stretch the defense.

Let's not be delusional about Palmer. You can't say he's a premier player anymore, but you also can't say he can't play. He threw for 4,018 yards, and his interception percentage (14 picks on 565 attempts, 2.5 percent) was lower than that of Drew Brees and Eli Manning. He wants to play the Arians way. I believe Arians is the best coach in the league for Palmer. I also believe Palmer wouild buy in totally to Arians' plan, and I hear he's excited about a chance in Arizona. A move would allow him to stay close to his southern California home, and to play in a system that wouldn't be a reach for his game. And Palmer would have the kind of reliable deep-threat receiver in Larry Fitzgerald that few quarterbacks have at their disposal.

Does that mean Arizona will contend? I doubt it sincerely. The leaky offensive line must be significantly better to give the immobile Palmer a chance to play well. But of all the quarterbacks on the market or in the 2013 draft, Palmer gives the Cardinals the best chance to be competitive as the fourth-best team in a suddenly very good NFC West.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2PBGnABIT

Dump his salary and get a pick = win in my book

BossChief 03-31-2013 10:31 PM

Bahahaha

The Raiders have to send a second from this draft to Cincinnati fir Palmer and are getting a 4th back from Arizona IN THE SAME DRAFT for trading Palmer.

That's funny.

Hootie 03-31-2013 10:35 PM

but they got a year and a half of shitty QB play out of the deal at least

BossChief 03-31-2013 11:02 PM

So, the raiders paid 1500 draft value points and got a return of 104 points.

1396 points completely lost.

That's the equivalent of the 8th overall pick in the draft for NOTHING.

Hootie 03-31-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9544887)
So, the raiders paid 1500 draft value points and got a return of 104 points.

1396 points completely lost.

That's the equivalent of the 8th overall pick in the draft for NOTHING.

that happens all of the time

it's called a bust

sucks for the Raiders, they swung and missed

we pretty much did the same with Jackson and Dorsey

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-01-2013 10:05 AM

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 53m

Again, w Flynn trade getting signed today Oak now working to finalize a trade to send Carson Palmer to Cardinals

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-01-2013 10:05 AM

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 49s

I'm told Carson Palmer is going to make a nice chunk of change from the Cardinals.

loochy 04-01-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9544904)
we pretty much did the same with Jackson and Dorsey

i was getting ready to reply with the exact same thing

mcaj22 04-01-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9545678)
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 49s

I'm told Carson Palmer is going to make a nice chunk of change from the Cardinals.

lol this is sad

Arizona is the worst run franchise in the NFL